Cam Spencer Commits to UConn | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Cam Spencer Commits to UConn

Reaction Score
I think this is the first year we truly saw Hurley's vision on offense come to life. His first 4 years weren't great offensively because he just didn't have the pieces to be elite on that end. Pretty clear now that he's figured that part out when it comes to roster construction.

And they’re still waiting on that at Rutgers going into year 8. That’s what one kind a solid approach to rebuilding can look like and Steve’s doing it, too- compete as hard as you can, get the athletes to play defense, and hope you score enough. I like that Cam played for a defensive coach like Pikiell, hopefully it’s less of an adjustment.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't call Rutgers a "very good program". They've won 1 tournament game since the 1980's. They still suck...lol
They’re headed in the right direction and I think they hired the right coach. It doesn’t hurt that they’re in the Big 10. That was a very fortuitous thing for them. They don’t have a great or even very good basketball history. But they’re recruiting top players right now. I hate to admit it but they now compete with us for players in the northeast.

Reaction Score
Something else you just have to LOVE about Danny Hurley - the man exudes confidence. And then everyone had his back and brought us Championship #5 in dominating fashion this year. This has been his vision from Day 1, and he made good on it.

A number of you have commented on what a great job our coaching staff has been doing, and how amazing it is that we lost zero assistant coaches this off-season. I 100% agree.

In fact, it is time someone came right out and said it. We have THE #1 COACHING STAFF IN THE COUNTRY RIGHT NOW. Period. End of story. There is not a staff in this country I would switch out for this group. Not one.

Dan, Kimani, Tom, Luke... the BEST staff in the country, bar none. The support group surrounding these 4 men is also incredibly strong as well. We are amazingly lucky to have this group. Amazingly lucky. Cherish this, my friends. Because we have been lucky enough to have Calhoun and his great staffs and now this one. We are truly blessed.
I don’t know about ranking coaching staffs but ours is obviously good no great, in recruiting, game planning, the works, that I do know. We have the pieces, the coach and the staff and that means quite simply that we are in play for great things to happen. How long can we keep them here?

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
According to AS’s combine numbers DC is prob closer to 7 inches taller
Well he definitely looked 7” taller when he game into the game. No knock on AS (an all time great Husky now) but DC is just huge. He is 7’2” without shoes.

Reaction Score
They’re headed in the right direction and I think they hired the right coach. It doesn’t hurt that they’re in the Big 10. That was a very fortuitous thing for them. They don’t have a great or even very good basketball history. But they’re recruiting top players right now. I hate to admit it but they now compete with us for players in the northeast.
They're not competing with us for players we truly want. They're Rutgers. They are competing with the likes of Providence, who are in the category of going after our sloppy seconds.

Reaction Score
1686166569010.png

2 stars? development player! in ranking we trust.

Reaction Score
So we didn’t want Gavin Griffiths? And wouldn’t want Dylan Harper or Ace Bailey? That’s your story and you’re sticking to it?
Only one we went after was Griffiths and there's clearly a strong relationship there with Pikiell and the family.

Reaction Score
So we didn’t want Gavin Griffiths? And wouldn’t want Dylan Harper or Ace Bailey? That’s your story and you’re sticking to it?
Well seeing how we never even offered Harper or Bailey, I'd say yeah I feel pretty good about my story.

This staff has a ridiculous closing % when they target a recruit. They offer a lot of players, it doesn't mean they prioritize them all equally.

Reaction Score
Well seeing how we never even offered Harper or Bailey, I'd say yeah I feel pretty good about my story.

This staff has a ridiculous closing % when they target a recruit. They offer a lot of players, it doesn't mean they prioritize them all equally.
We did want Griffiths. He went to Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Some noise that Duke may be on the outside looking in vs Rutgers for Dylan Harper

Reaction Score
We beat them out for Corey Floyd Jr and Donovan Clingan who both had Rutgers on their final lists, and they also offered Sanogo and Diggins

Floyd definitely checks out.

Reaction Score
I don’t think the 1-3 spots on the floor are a need anymore at all. If Hurley decides he wants to fill the last scholarship that’s open, I think it would be a big. I think minutes are full now at Guard and SF.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom