Cam Spencer Commits to UConn | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Cam Spencer Commits to UConn

Reaction Score
Our last 5 recruiting classes: #7, #39, #7, #25, #18 (average: 19)

Their last 5 recruiting classes: #68, #99, #103, #33, #127 (average: 86)

Rutgers is not on our level.
You're lowballing us, #4 class this year. Was the #3 class until the almighty one Bronny James picked USC.

Our #39 class is insane. Just two players but it doesn't get any better than Clingan and Karaban.

Edit- they count Karaban as a '21 recruit

Reaction Score
Our last 5 recruiting classes: #7, #39, #7, #25, #18 (average: 19)

Their last 5 recruiting classes: #68, #99, #103, #33, #127 (average: 86)

Rutgers is not on our level.
Good point with actual data. My only question, wasn't this last UConn class ranked #3?

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
Good point with actual data. My only question, wasn't this last UConn class ranked #3?

This data is from 247 composite. Might be #3 on another site, I have no idea.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
As I’ve said, they’ll get guys we prioritize occasionally. It won’t ever be frequent enough to view them as competition.
I seem to remember the day, a little more than three decades ago when Syracuse and St John's fans were saying that about us.

It takes a while to correct the course of a program that has suffered the futility Rutgers has for more than four decades. Pikiell has them headed in the right direction. The day where they become a legitimate threat may not be too far away.

Reaction Score
I seem to remember the day, a little more than three decades ago when Syracuse and St John's fans were saying that about us.

It takes a while to correct the course of a program that has suffered the futility Rutgers has for more than four decades. Pikiell has them headed in the right direction. The day where they become a legitimate threat may not be too far away.
Where’s there Jim Calhoun?

Reaction Score
You're lowballing us, #4 class this year. Was the #3 class until the almighty one Bronny James picked USC.

Our #39 class is insane. Just two players but it doesn't get any better than Clingan and Karaban.

Edit- they count Karaban as a '21 recruit

#4 doesn't include transfers. #7 is including transfers and should be the better measure of class rank.

Reaction Score
No matter what our ranking is 3-7 what if we get 2 players to be as good as Karaban and Clingan? No guarantee but what if? Would we have traded them preseason for 2 of Duke's top McD's? Likely. That's why this is a crap shoot and we really don't know that much about how new players will play until we actually SEE.

Reaction Score
#4 doesn't include transfers. #7 is including transfers and should be the better measure of class rank.
One year rentals should be a different thing than recruiting classes.

We only needed one transfer this year and we got the absolute best one for our need.

Reaction Score

We only needed one transfer this year and we got the absolute best one for our need.
It’s like adding a solid 1 year deal guy to an NFL team that drafts we’ll. We for most part have added guys who are are super seniors. I’m not a fan of what college sports has headed toward but Hurley has made the best of it while not looking like a dirtbag.

Reaction Score
Very unfair to high school kids as they are competing with 22+ year olds. Prep schools are doing welll a lot high schoolers in many sports opting for post grad years.
?

But if people are now claiming that UConn and Rutgers recruit and land the same caliber of players, I’ll see myself out.

Rutgers is not a serious threat on the recruiting trail. Idk if they ever have been

Rutgers has already landed a recruit in this cycle who I believe is higher rated than any UConn player ever and look like they may land another more highly rated player than we have ever had. Nelson claimed that high lottery picks are less valuable than ever when the best prospect since Lebron is draft eligible. Do with that as you will.

Reaction Score

Plenty of high school recrits are one year rentals too. Transfer rates are astounding. Also, most transfers have 2+ years of eligibility.

The rankings with transfers included are the best measure, and I'm confused why you want to argue this other than digging in your heels.

Should a school with a bunch of high ranked transfers with 1-3 years of eligibility be unranked? Of course not. The rankings are based on how much talent is coming into the program, no matter where it comes from. Why on earth shouldn't a ranking consider the talent that Joey, Naheim, and Hassan brought to the program?

Not sure what us needing 1 transfer has anything to do with this. Yeah, we needed 1 transfer because our hs class was huge.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Rutgers has already landed a recruit in this cycle who I believe is higher rated than any UConn player ever and look like they may land another more highly rated player than we have ever had. Nelson claimed that high lottery picks are less valuable than ever when the best prospect since Lebron is draft eligible. Do with that as you will.
And they just had their starting backcourt transfer out.

Reaction Score
Plenty of high school recrits are one year rentals too. See: Stephon Castle, Rahsopl Diggins.

The rankings with transfers included are the best measure, and I'm confused why you want to argue this other than digging in your heels.

Should a school with a bunch of high ranked transfers with 1-3 years of eligibility be unranked? Of course not. The rankings are based on how much talent is coming into the program, no matter where it comes from.
Because I think it should be a separate thing. I'm not looking to argue. I think 247 is the only place who has our recruiting class at #7.

Reaction Score

Rutgers is a sleeping giant. Deep sleep though.

Reaction Score
Because I think it should be a separate thing. I'm not looking to argue. I think 247 is the only place who has our recruiting class at #7.
Actually 247 has us ranked as #6 with transfers included, their site is a mess.

Reaction Score
I just think you either lack reading comprehension or don’t care to read. Them landing someone occasionally doesn’t make them on our level on the recruiting trail.

For the 30th time.

As I’ve said, they’ll get guys we prioritize occasionally. It won’t ever be frequent enough to view them as competition.

Our competitors are nova, Kansas, Florida , etc. AKA National Championship Programs

Reaction Score
Actually 247 has us ranked as #6 with transfers included, their site is a mess.

I don't know what you're looking at, but it's #7. On3 has us as #7 too. I just checked 10 seconds ago.

It seems monumentally ridiculous to me to advocate for not including transfers in a ranking, but you do you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom