Cam Spencer Commits to UConn | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Cam Spencer Commits to UConn

Reaction Score
Watching the highlight video, Spencer is also a skilled passer, there were some center lobs in there, Clingan will like playing with Spencer. He averaged over 3 assists last year with Rutgers, I bet he can get that over 4 in Hurley's offense.

Reaction Score
Watching the highlight video, Spencer is also a skilled passer, there were some center lobs in there, Clingan will like playing with Spencer. He averaged over 3 assists last year with Rutgers, I bet he can get that over 4 in Hurley's offense.
And he turns it over infrequently himself. While getting around 2 steals a game.

Reaction Score
I told you all in reaction to losing Timberlake and what we lost from this past year, just be patient just wait and trust in Hurley. He was sold after 1 practice. Our shooting and passing on this team is going to be ungodly.
Sounds similar to Joey C. being sold on UConn after one practice. The best want to work for it to improve.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
This is awesome news. Our starting lineup is set.

I’m still concerned about our bench though. I hope Hurley snags one more starting level player (preferably a big).

Reaction Score
Completely unbiased opinion but I don't see how this team isn't preseason #1 and the betting favorite to win the title. Starting 5 is absolutely gigantic and has 3 proven outside shooters with Newton, Spencer, and Karaban. Oh and then the other 2 guys are projected lottery picks.

And then a bench full of top 75 recruits + a 7' unicorn.

This team is going to be insane

Reaction Score
I don’t think the minutes are here now for Wilcher without risking losing Ball or Ross for the long term. A Joey C replacement doesn’t just include the tangible skill set — it means coming here hoping to earn 10 minutes a game off the bench, and being so happy to be on a big time team that if you don’t get off the bench you’re o.k. With it. That’s not Wilcher.
This, and let’s not forget Romaglu. Hurley noted the difficulty of filling all schollies and challenge keeping everyone engaged and happy.

Reaction Score
This, and let’s not forget Romaglu. Hurley noted the difficulty of filling all schollies and challenge keeping everyone engaged and happy.
I’ve read that Wilcher is likely headed to Nebraska. I believe his brother plays there. If he doesn’t go there, he could be headed to St John’s.

Reaction Score
With all this talk about repeating as National Champions, this addition and Newton coming back make this a possibility. I love our recruiting class but how many teams did we beat this year with superstars as freshmen that were not ready for the primetime in the Tourney?

Newton and Spencer are the stability and experience that give you a shot to do something special in the tourney.

Reaction Score
With all this talk about repeating as National Champions, this addition and Newton coming back make this a possibility. I love our recruiting class but how many teams did we beat this year with superstars as freshmen that were not ready for the primetime in the Tourney?

Newton and Spencer are the stability and experience that give you a shot to do something special in the tourney.
The roster has a perfect blend of veteran leadership and experience, along with youth and energy from the incoming freshmen. Exciting times.

Reaction Score

Yeah, but they weren't our freshman developing under our coaching staff. We have a top tier staff, an A+ culture, and a pretty darn good team structure. You probably usually only get 2 out of those 3.

Reaction Score

We’re going to have a lot of people here getting sized for ring #6 which is crazy but just having the pieces to be in the mix is great. Spencer is a very smart player from what has been posted so this team is going to have a very high BBIQ? As good as last year? The other thing I am psyched about is having a second unit that has great quality as they take the court but of course Clingan is not on that unit. Could someone speak to that because that absolutely killed our opponents all year.

Reaction Score

Not sure how many we beat, but I know last season's national champion had 2 of their top 6 players who were freshman

Reaction Score
Completely unbiased opinion but I don't see how this team isn't preseason #1 and the betting favorite to win the title. Starting 5 is absolutely gigantic and has 3 proven outside shooters with Newton, Spencer, and Karaban. Oh and then the other 2 guys are projected lottery picks.

And then a bench full of top 75 recruits + a 7' unicorn.

This team is going to be insane
I agree with everything but the "unbiased opinion". LOL. 99.7% of posters on this board have a biased opinion

Reaction Score
Our starting 5 will all be +passers. The ball is going to fly around the court just like it did this season, if not more so.

I'm pretty sure we ran this exact play this year. Should be nice for a few Clingan dunks.

The fact that he has experience playing with a rim-running big is not insignificant -- and he averaged twice as many APG as Hawkins. There may not be a "point guard," but our starting lineup will have 3 guys who are comfortable scoring or creating, alongside a sniper stretch 4 and a PnR monster. That's going to be really tough to defend.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
There were some real nice catch and shoots off under the basket inbound plays. Also, Rutgers runs some good stuff on those out of bounds plays.
Wonder where the coach got those. ;)

Reaction Score
1686143112594.gif

Reaction Score
Was checking out Rutgers fan forum:
Some (sour grapes) saying he was overrated but most saying "losing Cam is a season crusher"

-"too high...too high..."

"What do you mean 'too high'?...it's gone!"

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We are set up for another season of beautiful offense. Funny how quick perceptions change. It seemed like the archetypical Hurley team was a defensive minded bully with inefficient ISO guys. Who knew, the style changes as you attract more talent!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom