Cam Spencer Appreciation Thread | The Boneyard

Cam Spencer Appreciation Thread

Reaction Score
He may be the smartest, craftiest player I've seen at UConn! He knows how to adjust his shot to get it off without being blocked' it might be a turn around 360, maybe he puts it up against the backboard. That rebound time-out was yet another fantastic play from him. How lucky we were to get him instead of Kansas Nick.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
He may be the smartest, craftiest player I've seen at UConn! He knows how to adjust his shot to get it off without being blocked' it might be a turn around 360, maybe he puts it up against the backboard. That rebound time-out was yet another fantastic play from him. How lucky we were to get him instead of Kansas Nick.
He's a two-fer in that he'd beat up on us and we'd hate him if he played for a conference foe. Instead, he causes damage and we love it.

Reaction Score
I love the sequence where he was among 3 Huskies that had the ball taken away on an offensive rebound attempt. On the very next play on defensive end, he than stepped in to steal the ball on an intended Butler handoff and got the layup. This was followed by two more fast break layups by Castle on a steal/errant pass and a defensive stop. Cam does have a way of making shots in close range that are not blocked.

UConn is lucky to have him and the other players seem to appreciate his effort like when Alex jumped off the bench after Cam's killer 3 late in the game.

Reaction Score

That rebound time was a big time veteran play. It’s like he has eye balls in the back of his head. He instinctively knew no one was around him to pass to. Bro is an owl.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Spencer is a complete player. Excellent shooter, ball handler, defender and rebounder. He is drawing the attention of our opponents defense. This is a big plus because it makes it very difficult to double team another player. He also compliments his teammates.

What a great pick up.

Reaction Score
He is without doubt the biggest plus from last year's team. Castle if he keeps improving the way he has, could be a close second.
With Clingan coming back, it's not hard to get excited about two in a row.

Reaction Score
We need his feistiness and his take no sheeit attitude. Not sure if I see others setting that tone, especially in BE play. You always want that one teammate who is a fighter and Cam is the one.

Simply said he's a tough player who won't back down from the moment or others.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Yes I think he is on par with the greats Henefeld and Sheffer.

Reaction Score
He is without doubt the biggest plus from last year's team. Castle if he keeps improving the way he has, could be a close second.
With Clingan coming back, it's not hard to get excited about two in a row.
Pretty scary to think about Castles potential - he does so much now, he plays the best on ball defense of anyone on the team and grabs the most loose balls.. best full court transition finisher we’ve had since maybe Rudy?

Reaction Score
1704548907535.png

Reaction Score
I fully recognize the immense talents of our NBA-headed stars Clingan, Castle, Newton and Karaban.

However, this season would look very different without the spark in key moments that Cam provides much like Joey did last year.
He's way better than Joey though, the case can easily be made that Cam is our best offensive player.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Can't believe all this Spencer Love without mention of what I think was the best play of the game last night. AK to Solo to Spencer on the baseline. Samson's defender turns to guard Spencer, and Cam wraps a blind pass around his body, directly to Samson for the flush. I must've rewatched that sequence twenty times this morning.

Reaction Score
That sequence where Cam got the rebound called TO then banged that 3 silencing that building was ball game, know there was time still but for all intents and purposes it was over went from a 4 pt game with plenty of time to 7 where you could afford to trade baskets.

I know we won’t get the whole story of Timberlake but I do wonder if Hurley had 2nd thoughts of getting him, remember we didn’t hear too much of getting Cam from what I remember, Timberlake seemed like a huge smoke scream.

Reaction Score
What I like about the way Hurley uses the portal it does feel like Hurley brings in transfers who were already well coached, and not a team of transfers, their the right fit like an NBA adding a vet who fits right.

Pretty damn good track record with transfers, RJ Cole, Tyrese Martin, Newton, Diarra, Joey C and Cam.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom