Cam Reddish Announcing Tonight | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Cam Reddish Announcing Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reddish? He's okay. He's no Sid Williams though!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
K is the best coach in college

He is a great coach but to say the best - not sure
He has fallen short with the 1st or second most talented teams in the nation - teams that should have been NC game/title

But if you say the best - OK there are many who would agree

Reaction Score
K is the best coach in college

He is a great coach but to say the best - not sure
He has fallen short with the 1st or second most talented teams in the nation - teams that should have been NC game/title

But if you say the best - OK there are many who would agree
Can't really think of a better coach tbh...

Reaction Score
Duke doesn't get nearly as much hate from this board as they should. It feels like they've fallen behind not only Kentucky but Syracuse as well. Frankly, even though K is a great coach and seemingly respectable human, we don't have to say that here. Other people have that covered.

I'm having a hard time being mad at Reddish because he seems like a cool kid who gave UConn a real look under less than ideal circumstances. He also handled it with a lot of class, didn't make it a spectacle, and was transparent with his thought process without leading people on.

But. I. Hate. Duke. And if being really good and hoarding all the top players is a bad reason to hate something, then so be it. The monopoly Kentucky and Duke have over top recruits drives me freaking crazy.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I hate Duke as much as any school, but Coach Cal just rubs me the wrong way and think he is truly a scum bag. I would say Kentuck is 1 as a hatred team and Duke, or Puke is 1A.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Dukes days are numbered. Coach K is a HUGE draw. When he finally retires they will take a step back.

Reaction Score
I tend to think they won't.

The media machine behind Duke won't stop pushing them just because he's gone.
I mean they may take a slight step back, but because of exactly what you stated that step back will still be elite

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I tend to think they won't.

The media machine behind Duke won't stop pushing them just because he's gone.

No Duke will still be elite. Always. And have the pick of the litter for coaching replacrmet, but when you lose an all timer like K it's a step down no matter what. I'm hoping for a Matt Doherty type clusterscalito for a couple years at least before they rise again.

I would pay 50 grand to be afforded one clean punch at K's lower back.

Reaction Score
Great coach for sure, could be the best as could several others all in opinion I would say. No matter he's the same guy who complained about refs years ago but is in charge of them, yet he's also the guy who stares them down with the intent to intimidate them. He's the guy who despised the one and done and yet, well you know the deal. He leaves for surgeries when his teams suck. He's had many bigs from McD AA's who never were worth a damn while there as well as other positions, but went on the be good players elsewhere. He's been acknowledged by the media as the King of college hoops therefore always playing with the best hand every year until the king of scum went to Kentucky. American Express even assisted his already stocked recruiting assistances.

Great coach no doubting that, but the best as far as actual coaching, not in my eyes but as you can tell, I'm a huge fan :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I'm very content missing out on this kid. It's been shown that 3-5 one-and-done's gives you a chance to win a NC. It's also been shown that 1 one-and-done doesn't do much for a program. I say we stick with what's worked for us in the past. Which is 3 and 4 year guys.

Reaction Score
Saying coach K is not a good coach is just stupid.... honestly top 3 coaches in the history of the sport
Who said coach K is not a good coach? He is universally considered the best college basketball coach of all-time.

Reaction Score
Dukes days are numbered. Coach K is a HUGE draw. When he finally retires they will take a step back.
This is what every single person said about Calhoun and UConn..................

pj

Reaction Score
Who said coach K is not a good coach? He is universally considered the best college basketball coach of all-time.

Most successful college basketball coach of all time, yes. Best, I beg to differ. We have had one coach at UConn who was arguably a better coach, but didn't get the lucky start Coach K did (Bob Knight as a mentor, assistant coach at Indiana age 27, head coach at Duke by age 33) - JC had to start coaching at Dedham High School.

pj

Reaction Score
This is what every single person said about Calhoun and UConn...

Duke may well take a temporary step back as UNC did after Dean Smith, but they'll be a top-3 program and be able to hire their pick of coaches, eventually they'll get another elite coach and continue as a top program just like UNC did.

And don't discount Ollie's ability to repair his weaknesses and become a great coach. UConn may stay up there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom