Cam Reddish Announcing Tonight | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Cam Reddish Announcing Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I tend to think they won't.

The media machine behind Duke won't stop pushing them just because he's gone.
I didn't say big step back. It is not easy to replace a legend as we all know.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
In all seriousness, I don't want one and done players

Kids who show up in August and start practicing for the NBA in April. They're not part of your program, they're not even there for a year.

What have we ever won with kids who could have gone straight to the NBA? I think we had two, Rudy & AD.

I'd rather see them get humiliated for a while and then watch them grow :)

I honestly do not care when a one and done player doesn't choose us

Reaction Score

Kids who show up in August and start practicing for the NBA in April. They're not part of your program, they're not even there for a year.

What have we ever won with kids who could have gone straight to the NBA? I think we had two, Rudy & AD.

Rudy Gay played 2 years

Reaction Score

I wouldn't want a revolving door of one and dones but if they're all in and help us win, who cares? it's a business decision and if they end up a star in the league you get to use that to your advantage.

Reaction Score
Rudy Gay played 2 years
I think he's saying that kids who came to UConn who without the NBA 1 year rule (and before it) would have skipped college because they would have been high first round locks.

Drummond no question fits in that category.

Rudy was a consensus top 10 recruit who decided not to enter the draft but others that did in that 2004 NBA draft included Dwight Howard, Shaun Livingston, Robert Swift, Sebastian Telfair, Al Jefferson, Josh Smith, J.R. Smith and Dorell Wright. Some of those were rated lower than Rudy.

Reaction Score
No Duke will still be elite. Always. And have the pick of the litter for coaching replacrmet, but when you lose an all timer like K it's a step down no matter what. I'm hoping for a Matt Doherty type clusterscalito for a couple years at least before they rise again.

I would pay 50 grand to be afforded one clean punch at K's lower back.

That is a classless statement. He's a freakin' basketball coach, for . And you want to physically harm him?

Reaction Score
Who said coach K is not a good coach? He is universally considered the best college basketball coach of all-time.

Where are you getting that from? Did you forget about Mr. Wooden?? It's not even close. There's John Wooden, and then there's everyone else in a race for second.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Who said coach K is not a good coach? He is universally considered the best college basketball coach of all-time.

I'll take wooden. No one can touch wooden.

willie99

Reaction Score
Rudy Gay played 2 years

I know Rudy played two years, he was still one of those guys who could have gone from high school and he was a potential one and done player (think he was #5 in the nation overall out of high school )

When talking about recruiting one and done players, it doesn't mean they'll actually be one and done, there are exceptions. But it does mean they probably ain't staying 3 or 4 years.

willie99

Reaction Score
The attitude re. one-and-dones shouldn't "we don't want them at all and we're glad they don't come here," but "we aren't screwed if we don't get any."

I'm OK with that too, although I personally wouldn't want to be a revolving door program. I have more enjoyment in watching them grow.

Reaction Score
This kid is one and done and wants to win while in college. He won't be choosing uconn.
Yes, most likely one and done and he wants to win, but that's not the reason he chose Duke over Uconn. He chose Duke because he wants to play against North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Louisville, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Wake Forest, FSU, Michigan State, Clemson, Kansas, Pittsburgh, etc....not SMU, Tulane, South Florida, Houston, Tulsa, East Carolina and Navy. He above all wants to play against kids he'll meet at the next level, not against kids playing for Turkey. Our conference affiliation kills us in men's basketball recruiting every time, and that's not even considering the negative impact from last season and all the fire Ollie stuff. Even though I'm against Uconn basketball heading to the Big East, I have to admit if we were in that conference there's a very good chance Reddish would have chosen Uconn, but in the AAC, forget it.

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
No Duke will still be elite. Always. And have the pick of the litter for coaching replacrmet, but when you lose an all timer like K it's a step down no matter what. I'm hoping for a Matt Doherty type clusterscalito for a couple years at least before they rise again.

I would pay 50 grand to be afforded one clean punch at K's lower back.

Coach K requests that the punch be thrown when his team is about to go on a losing streak so that all the losses will be given to Jeff Capel.

Reaction Score
Coach K requests that the punch be thrown when his team is about to go on a losing streak so that all the losses will be given to Jeff Capel.

And after he buckles in pain from the shot to his back, Fishy has asked you finish your 50 grand worth with a nice punch to the throat, he has a great neck to find the apple. Should be the best 50K you've ever spent AW.:eek:

Last edited:

pj

Reaction Score
I'll take wooden. No one can touch wooden.

No one could touch Wooden in his time since he was the only one giving out automobiles and cash. Coaching has advanced a lot since then. Wooden was a great coach but stripped of his cheating, I'd take Bobby Knight ahead of him, much less Coach K or JC.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Whenever they played in Coaches v Cancer, I always rooted for Cancer.
I believe that was a Fishy line originally. It may be one the funniest ones ever on the BY.

Reaction Score
No one could touch Wooden in his time since he was the only one giving out automobiles and cash. Coaching has advanced a lot since then. Wooden was a great coach but stripped of his cheating, I'd take Bobby Knight ahead of him, much less Coach K or JC.
Everyone or almost everyone was cheating back in the day. I know for a fact that an extremely highly recruited kid who eventually signed with Pitt back in the 80's, was paid $60,000 during his freshman year alone.

Reactions: pj

pj

Reaction Score
Everyone or almost everyone was cheating back in the day. I know for a fact that an extremely highly recruited kid who eventually signed with Pitt back in the 80's, was paid $60,000 during his freshman year alone.

OK, then I'll revise my statement. Wooden had a bigger budget than any other coach at a time when money mattered more than coaching skill.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That is a classless statement. He's a freakin' basketball coach, for . And you want to physically harm him?

You are taking August entirely too seriously.

Although I don't doubt he's had his fantasies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom