Calhoun getting back into coaching? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Calhoun getting back into coaching?

Reaction Score
If I was Jim Calhoun I would be at practices and games at the beginning of the year whether Ollie wanted or not. Calhoun will motivate the guys and right the ship. He is a very prideful man as he should be and there is no way he wants to see his program fall of the cliff despite his worsened relations with Ollie. That's what Ollie needs to always remember loyalty is very important and you should always be loyal to those who have been with you from the beginning and are loyal to you.

PS: Jim Calhoun does not need to wet his feet with some nonsense D3 job to get back into coaching. He has decades of head coaching experience at UCONN, he's good.

C

Chief00

He's coaching D3 because he loves everything around the game and wants to - enough said. OK those SOBs from BC screw-up again and did not hire him.

Reaction Score
Please stop calling him Jimmy. My son and I were introduced to him by an ex player and my son called him Jim. The ex player about pooped his pants that someone would call him anything but coach. He should be called Coach Calhoun by all of us.

The ex player about pooped himself bc that's his coach and everyone in his environment calls him coach. Now if I was talking to him in person yes I would call him coach, but when talking about him with other fans I would never call him just coach, he doesn't physically coach us. And in your theory should KO never be called as such or Ollie but simply as "coach" as well? In a forum among fans they can call him however they want

Reaction Score
Explain Tulsa. 10-15 spots behind us in RPI.
Lost first game in the AAC tourney to a very weak team.
Idk you cant just say that we wouldve gotten in instead of them. When one team shifts more than one other team shifts. All im saying is I would put my money more on someone that studies it for their job more than (no offense to anyone) but just a fan of a team. Thats just my OPINION.

Reaction Score
Idk you cant just say that we wouldve gotten in instead of them. When one team shifts more than one other team shifts. All im saying is I would put my money more on someone that studies it for their job more than (no offense to anyone) but just a fan of a team. Thats just my OPINION.

I really am not following your argument here. Shifts? The committee has been known to look at statistics, RPI, etc., Sagarin, but just look at Tulsa's schedule.

Losses to Little Rock, Oral Roberts, a horrid Oregon State. They got in with a 20-11 record.

UConn had only OOC losses to Maryland, Gonzaga and Syracuse. No bad losses. Better record. Higher in the power rankings.

Reaction Score
That argument falls apart when those same "experts" said Tulsa was way out, yet they got in

C

Chief00

If you hadn't misused the semi-colon, you'd have gotten more Likes.
Can't go to sleep on the fundamentals.
To me, it was an entirely different thought - predicting this to happen and then those who dismiss every reality - including that the sun raises in the east. As far as the "Like" game, that's boring and no indication of quality - you like my post and then I will like your post. I rather be an independent thinker.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
To me, it was an entirely different thought - predicting this to happen and then those who dismiss every reality - including that the sun raises in the east. As far as the "Like" game, that's boring and no indication of quality - you like my post and then I will like your post. I rather be an independent thinker.
It would have to have been 2 clauses for the semi-colon, which you could have accomplished by removing the word "then." Otherwise, it called for a comma.

But, don't get me wrong, the Boneyard needs those who are casual about grammar too.

Reaction Score
AD Dave should be begging JC to reinsert and get active. KO is sorely in need of direction along with the program.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
The beauty of it all is some unknown division III kids are going to get an unexpected opportunity to be coached by a
Legend. They may be the last team he coaches and I'm sure some of the Uconn greats will probably visit. It'll also be a hot ticket with sellouts at least at every home game.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

Hans, you want to straighten this one out?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
He's had an excellent season, a pretty good season, a decent season, a mediocre season, and a very bad season.

He's basically 3 for 5. These discussions are all taking place after the very bad season.

And the very bad one involved one player out for the entire season, two others that missed almost the entire season, and a few others that missed weeks at a time with more minor injuries. Most coaches would have difficulty winning when only suiting up six scholarship players for a fair number of midseason games.

C

Chief00

And the very bad one involved one player out for the entire season, two others that missed almost the entire season, and a few others that missed weeks at a time with more minor injuries. Most coaches would have difficulty winning when only suiting up six scholarship players for a fair number of midseason games.
I almost forgot the crazy concussion protocol they instituted until Benedict straighten things out. The basketball season was a failure on many levels last season, but moving forward.

Reaction Score
Idk you cant just say that we wouldve gotten in instead of them. When one team shifts more than one other team shifts. All im slolaying is I would put my money more on someone that studies it for their job more than (no offense to anyone) but just a fan of a team. Thats just my OPINION.
Doesn't matter. Even if we were barely in before the conference tournament, we needed a miracle shot to get us into the 8/9 game and certain death in round 2. That is not a good season. It is mediocre at best.

Reaction Score
I thought Calhoun was being paid to advise our basketball team. What I would like to know is this, does JC met with Ollie weekly? does he attend any practices? does he discuss game planning? or give post game analysis? Does he evaluate our players?

You know, do the things a real world consultant would do.

Reaction Score
I thought Calhoun was being paid to advise our basketball team. What I would like to know is this, does JC met with Ollie weekly? does he attend any practices? does he discuss game planning? or give post game analysis? Does he evaluate our players?

You know, do the things a real world consultant would do.

i asked the same thing a few pages back and got denied at an answer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom