Calhoun getting back into coaching? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Calhoun getting back into coaching?

Reaction Score
Very surprised knowing what I know and the conversation he had with an ex player week and half ago.

Never would have thought he would consider coaching outside of being in an advisory role

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Very surprised knowing what I know and the conversation he had with an ex player week and half ago.

Never would have thought he would consider coaching outside of being in an advisory role

My decoder ring says AD Dave reached out to Jimmy C because he's worried about the program. That got Jim's juices going again. Come home coach. Come. Home.

Reaction Score
My contacts are telling me its St. Joseph's (West Hartford)
This is a perfect fit for Jimmy.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I think Ollie should get back into coaching as well.
oh-snap.jpg

Reaction Score
My decoder ring says AD Dave reached out to Jimmy C because he's worried about the program. That got Jim's juices going again. Come home coach. Come. Home.

Ding Ding Ding. Calhoun easing back into coaching with a year in D3. Then back to UCONN for the 2018-2019 season. Confirme_ .

Reaction Score
I heard RE2 offered him the receivers job if the state makes him get rid of Corey.

Keeping it in the family once again. Loving our AD's incestuous approach to hiring.

C

Chief00

Assuming Coach pulls the trigger; look for Glen Miller to be his assistant and take over when he retires. Not confirmed but that's the rumor. Tom Moore is another possibility but I doubt he would go D3? But, crazier things have happened.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
JC on coaching again (right at the end of the interview):
LINKY
What happened?

Reaction Score
BIGGER than losing Vance Jackson, Durham and Enoch ... would be Kevin Ollie failing to "hold" together the Culture of UConn basketball and what Jim Calhoun built. I guess after last year, I am nervous that we are fraying at the edge. With Ray Allen, Donny Marshall, Caron Butler ... and pressing Ollie and others WE remain a force. We don't put up with mediocrity crap. One year where Alterique, Mamadou, Larrier are down ... you have to see this coming year as perhaps the most important in 20.

I expect Kevin Ollie to have put extra thought into all details on this coming season.

I do think - contrary to what some have posted - that Chillious and Killings were absolutely the right tack to make. We had gotten complacent as we left Calhoun to go to Blaney, Hobbs, Miller. This is KO placing his thumb on the scale - Program. I don't flake out on missing on some kids. But, we need Calhoun and the full weight of 30 years past to come to bear on this Program. NOW

temery

What?
Reaction Score
This sounds like a teaser for some kind of charity promotion JC agreed to do. Likely has nothing to do with D1 college basketball.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
St. Joes?
Not what I would have guessed--and I think that's still just a guess right now in any event--but it could qualify for what's special to him now, in terms of it being low-key, local and the start of something new; and it will also allow him to do what he loves at a level where he doesn't have to worry about competing against guys he mentored or a program he still considers his baby.

Reaction Score
Article says its St. Joe, in West Hartford.

The article also mentions that Calhoun wants to continue to work with UConn and David Benedict and Susan Herbst, like he is now.

Can anyone tell me exactly what Calhoun is doing at UConn? Have he and Benedict spoke about our predicament? Does he really not speak to KO anymore? Its hard for me to believe that he wouldn't at least attempt to reach out to KO...its only been 5 years of giving up his program.

Reaction Score
I like this move by St Joseph. It's more then basketball. They r trying to expand the college with coed enrollment this yr. What better way then to have a men's basketball team with a legendary coach. I see the St Joes nursing students all the time. They r all so nice n hard working. Nice job by coach Calhoun to support a local college. I think he will do more then. coach

C

Chief00

Article says its St. Joe, in West Hartford.

The article also mentions that Calhoun wants to continue to work with UConn and David Benedict and Susan Herbst, like he is now.

Can anyone tell me exactly what Calhoun is doing at UConn? Have he and Benedict spoke about our predicament? Does he really not speak to KO anymore? Its hard for me to believe that he wouldn't at least attempt to reach out to KO...its only been 5 years of giving up his program.

Calhoun gets around $300k a year at UConn; why wouldn't he want to continue that?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom