Calhoun getting back into coaching? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Calhoun getting back into coaching?

Reaction Score
Calhoun gets around $300k a year at UConn; why wouldn't he want to continue that?

Not saying he wouldn't want to, nor that he shouldn't. Just wondering if anyone knows what he actually does. Or if he speaks with Benedict, in an advisor sense. I would be extremely interested in being a fly on the wall for a Calhoun-Benedict conversation about KO now.

Reaction Score
Not gonna lie, itd be pretty funny to have 2 coaches come back after the program was a disappointment after they left. [Randy Edsall]

(I dont believe JC is coming back to UC at all though...)

Reaction Score
Not gonna lie, itd be pretty funny to have 2 coaches come back after the program was a disappointment after they left. [Randy Edsall]

Do you understand how outlandish this statement is ... you fool.

Kevin Ollie won a National Championship. Do you understand the circle of men that have that qualifier. So saying that ... after this 15-17 ... I understand. But, he is far from the judgment that his years are a disappointment ... yet. This is the CRAZY corner many of you have backed your self into. I suspect this is just a result of many that have not broad experience.

C

Chief00

I think Stairmaster gave Jim that little added incentive to prove he can still do it LOL

IMG_1146.PNG

C

Chief00

Not saying he wouldn't want to, nor that he shouldn't. Just wondering if anyone knows what he actually does. Or if he speaks with Benedict, in an advisor sense. I would be extremely interested in being a fly on the wall for a Calhoun-Benedict conversation about KO now.
You win 3 NCs at a school - you do whatever the heck you want as an advisor.

Reaction Score
I like this move by St Joseph. It's more then basketball. They r trying to expand the college with coed enrollment this yr. What better way then to have a men's basketball team with a legendary coach. I see the St Joes nursing students all the time. They r all so nice n hard working. Nice job by coach Calhoun to support a local college. I think he will do more then. coach

Thanks for the clarification (coed) My mother graduated from St Joes and I was trying to figure out why JC would go the Geno route at a DIII school.

Not to stereotype but won't the male students be a bit, um, well, less athletic than most ? ;)

Reaction Score
Do you understand how outlandish this statement is ... you fool.

Kevin Ollie won a National Championship. Do you understand the circle of men that have that qualifier. So saying that ... after this 15-17 ... I understand. But, he is far from the judgment that his years are a disappointment ... yet. This is the CRAZY corner many of you have backed your self into. I suspect this is just a result of many that have not broad experience.
I do understand that he won a national championship and I credit him with that and I will give Ollie this year and next to get back to making the field of 68. Yes he won a championship and I did not mean that 2014 was a disappointment but with 4 championships since 99 the bar is set high. With that being said with out a miracle two years ago, that championship team is the only team to make the tournament since Ollie took over.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the clarification (coed) My mother graduated from St Joes and I was trying to figure out why JC would go the Geno route at a DIII school.

Not to stereotype but won't the male students be a bit, um, well, less athletic than most ? ;)
This is more then basketball. This is about increasing the enrollment and given cover to the initial 80 or so male students. I dont care if tjey go 0 and 30. St joes is expanding its mission with pharmacy n allies health programs. It needs more male students. Much respect to coach Calhoun for helping a local college expand

Reaction Score
If KO got fired JC would never step foot on the UConn campus again
he is old school
I know it's hard for younger people to grasp but if a school fired your kid what would your future relationshio.
with that institution be.
JC takes that kind of thing seriously.
I never bought into the rift just one more of how can we hurt UConn stories.
Like JC is dying to KO going to the NBA. Now it's KO is going to be fired
and he never speaks to JC.
It's been going on for years

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This is more then basketball. This is about increasing the enrollment and given cover to the initial 80 or so male students. I dont care if tjey go 0 and 30. St joes is expanding its mission with pharmacy n allies health programs. It needs more male students. Much respect to coach Calhoun for helping a local college expand
Agreed. If you want an instant injection of testosterone to kick start your push to admit men, this would be a great hire.

Reaction Score
I do understand that he won a national championship and I credit him with that and I will give Ollie this year and next to get back to making the field of 68. Yes he won a championship and I did not mean that 2014 was a disappointment but with 4 championships since 99 the bar is set high. With that being said with out a miracle two years ago, that championship team is the only team to make the tournament since Ollie took over.
Your quite a fan forgot 2016 already
2013 suspended 20 wins
2014 NC 30 wins
2015 NIT 20 wins
2016 NCAA 2nd round 25 wins
2017 wiped out by injuries

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I think Stairmaster gave Jim that little added incentive to prove he can still do it LOL

View attachment 24133

You do not have the ability to discuss Jim Calhoun rationally. Every post you make on the subject is an insult to the greatest basketball coach to ever grace the planet.

Reaction Score

Disappointment, what are the other 300+ programs who never won a championship a "nightmare"?

Live in reality buddy.

Reaction Score
Your quite a fan forgot 2016 already
2013 suspended 20 wins
2014 NC 30 wins
2015 NIT 20 wins
2016 NCAA 2nd round 25 wins
2017 wiped out by injuries
Yet again 2016 is a full court shot away from it. 2015 speaks for itself. And the whole injury thing I understand but still losing to Northeastern, Wagner, ECU, among others... cmon

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
2016 was a huge disappointment. Dont act like winning one tourney game in three seasons is even remotely acceptable.

I still laugh when you guys use terms like "acceptable," "entitled," and "deserve" to talk about the program. That's not how sports works buddy.

Reaction Score
Assuming Coach pulls the trigger; look for Glen Miller to be his assistant and take over when he retires. Not confirmed but that's the rumor. Tom Moore is another possibility but I doubt he would go D3? But, crazier things have happened.
BTW, I play div 3 basketball. The head coach also coaches girl basketball. He got several thousand in stipend for being the coach. There will be no Miller or Tom Moore on the bench unless they want to teach physical ed also. The quality of high school coach are generally bettet then a div 3 coach. The captains run the ship in d3

Reaction Score
Yet again 2016 is a full court shot away from it. 2015 speaks for itself. And the whole injury thing I understand but still losing to Northeastern, Wagner, ECU, among others... cmon

Full court shot BS

Tulsa lost in the first round of the AAC--AND they were lower in the RPI than UConn before the tournament.

Still got a bid.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
BTW, I play div 3 basketball. The head coach also coaches girl basketball. He got several thousand in stipend for being the coach. There will be no Miller or Tom Moore on the bench unless they want to teach physical ed also. The quality of high school coach are generally bettet then a div 3 coach. The captains run the ship in d3
I have a feeling JC would run it a *little* differently.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom