C Zach Brown | Page 38 | The Boneyard

C Zach Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
But I agree that he didn't drop because he was committing to UConn. He dropped for the same reason he'd been dropping since last year.

And what reason is that? Poor showing in the global games?

Reaction Score
Ha - yeah, let's call the Governor to complain that a group of recruiting analysts residing in Bristol, CT decided to remove a star from an 18 year old's ranking.
Really? You think that is the only slight toward UConn to have come out of Bristol in recent memory? How about this being indisputable in showing how systematic the anti-UConn bias is in Bristol. If the ranking really did change overnight, how much more obvious can you get? All of the "conspiracy" theories about Syracuse-East become even more plausible. There is a lot of evidence built up over the years. And, living in upstate NY, I can tell you that cuse fans are major douches with a massive inferiority complex regarding UConn. They kinda remind me of a guy that looks like a crazy homeless dude sitting in the front row of a UConn game, making an arse of himself. More money than brains.

Reaction Score
He dropped 7 slots in the ranking overnight. Was just looking at it yesterday, he was 18. Now 25.
What was someone saying about his ranking being this low for a long time? What is long, 12 hours? Someone needs to take the computer away from the crazy homeless looking dude that gets thrown out of basketball games like shooter in Hoosiers......

Reaction Score
Really? You think that is the only slight toward UConn to have come out of Bristol in recent memory? How about this being indisputable in showing how systematic the anti-UConn bias is in Bristol. If the ranking really did change overnight, how much more obvious can you get? All of the "conspiracy" theories about Syracuse-East become even more plausible. There is a lot of evidence built up over the years. And, living in upstate NY, I can tell you that cuse fans are major douches with a massive inferiority complex regarding UConn. They kinda remind me of a guy that looks like a crazy homeless dude sitting in the front row of a UConn game, making an arse of himself. More money than brains.

Dial him up.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score

After reading this post, all I can think is "Pot, meet kettle."

Reaction Score
Signing a raw kid like Zach Brown is a win win. He either kills it his freshman year and is drafted, or he becomes a monster and stays a few years like Okafor.

We are very lucky to have him regardless of his rank.

Think we are fortunate that he is not a one and done type guy; skillset doesn't match physicality yet. And that is a good thing for us. Because in 2/3 years we will have a monster in Brown, potential monsters in Enoch/Durham, hopefully Diallo (don't think he's a one and done type either) and Gilbert/Adams at the point. Potential for a sick, sick, sick team.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Think we are fortunate that he is not a one and done type guy; skillset doesn't match physicality yet.
That's what we thought about Andrew Bynum. :(

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Very excited about him coming to Storrs. He's got another year of HS left, so hopefully he can become a bit less raw and figure some things out before his arrival on campus. He's got one thing you can't teach - size. Between him and Enoch, that's a beefy frontcourt.

Reaction Score
What was someone saying about his ranking being this low for a long time? What is long, 12 hours? Someone needs to take the computer away from the crazy homeless looking dude that gets thrown out of basketball games like shooter in Hoosiers.

He's been dropping for the better part of a year. I wish he was a top-5 talent, but it appears that isn't the case.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I really don't care how many spots he falls of stars he drops. It doesn't matter, why try to predict the future. We already got him, and I'm thrilled. He can drop another 50 spots and I don't care. It doesn't matter. What KO et al can do with him matters.

Reaction Score
That's what we thought about Andrew Bynum. :(

True but I feel like there is an opposite scenario here. Bynum started lower and then blew up. Brown is doing the opposite. That's not to say Brown is not any good, I just think he is a bit more raw/less athletic than Bynum was at the same stage. Time will tell though. I hope Brown is good enough to be a one and done.

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
The others evaluating him at tos say he does not do well when defending some 6 8 or taller and very foul prone

Where's the BIG BOY CAMP guy when we need him?

Reaction Score
True but I feel like there is an opposite scenario here. Bynum started lower and then blew up. Brown is doing the opposite. That's not to say Brown is not any good, I just think he is a bit more raw/less athletic than Bynum was at the same stage. Time will tell though. I hope Brown is good enough to be a one and done.

I love the kid and what he brings but it's almost definite he will need 2-3 years to become the big guy the next level will drool over. That's a good thing. They like the over the rim guys and he's not that - he's Zach Randolph and that's really nice!

Reaction Score
Brown and Enoch are virtually the same size yet Brown was higher ranked. Do their skills compare? Do we expect Brown to come in and get more floor time than Enoch has been getting or is he on a different level?

Reaction Score
Somehow this was bumped to the second page. Huge pickup. I just watched a ton of videos and his hands just seem awesome. Huge pet peeve has always been the big dudes bringing the ball down low. The second pet peeve is big guys that just throw the ball at the rim like it's going to go in. ZB seems the anti-that. It seems he'll be the best benefit on D as space-eater/ you can't shoot over me. Excited about all the big guys coming in!

Reaction Score
Ok. Another post of me over analyzing social media. Yesterday afternoon Zach had "uconn commit" in his Instagram bio along with the photo of the husky logo announcing his commitment. Today both are gone. Also, after some angry tweets (that are in no way aimed at UConn) last night, I noticed he un-retweeted some tweets pertaining to his UConn visit.

All this could mean nothing but what is sticking in my head is his snapchat the night after the Tulane game/night before he committed. Around midnight he snapped a black screen with the sentence: "I just made the worst decision."

I'm probably reading way too much into things but I figured I'd share these observations.

Reaction Score
A high school kid has 10,000 other things happening in their life outside of choosing a college that they could get angsty about. I would say it means nothing until he says otherwise.

Reaction Score
A high school kid has 10,000 other things happening in their life outside of choosing a college that they could get angsty about. I would say it means nothing until he says otherwise.

You're probably right, just strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown