C Edsall’s Contract (...and Dad’s too) Updated Monday Afternoon | The Boneyard

C Edsall’s Contract (...and Dad’s too) Updated Monday Afternoon

Reaction Score
With no word from the ethics board, does Corey’s contract w/ UConn end soon. What is the stud of this crazy situation?

Reaction Score
I believe Corey's contract expires at the end of the academic year; no word expected on outcome of the appeal for awhile although that could change. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised but my experiences in labor relations with these kinds of things do not leave me optimistic. I hope I am pleasantly surprised.... The good thing for Corey is that he will land on his feet somewhere else if appeal is denied; I hope he is able to stay here.. On a side note, I know this is the big weekend with many recruits on campus.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
From what I've gathered, nothing says he can't be hired back. They're just open to an investigation if he is hired back

Reaction Score
Nice timing...

>>The holdup, sources say, has mostly to do with Edsall’s ongoing lawsuit against the Citizen’s Ethics Advisory Board, which has ruled that the employment of Edsall’s son, assistant coach Corey Edsall, violates state ethics laws.<<

>>Corey Edsall, like many Division I assistant coaches, received a one-year contract. Randy Edsall, who has agreed in principle to a five-year deal, hopes to retain his son on the coaching staff going forward, but it would require another contract for Corey. If a stay is not granted, a contract cannot be offered and that could be an issue, the Edsalls argued in a court document filed by their attorney Friday.

“Without an assistant football coaching contract for Corey, UConn is forced to breach its agreement with Mr. Edsall, and Mr. Edsall is no longer bound to remain the head football coach at UConn,” Friday’s filing reads. “The loss of Corey and, potentially, Mr. Edsall is certainly an irreparable harm to UConn.”<<

>>The parties are due in court in New Britain Tuesday, and Randy Edsall is expected to testify.<<

Much more in linked article... click it.

Reaction Score
Nice timing...

>>The holdup, sources say, has mostly to do with Edsall’s ongoing lawsuit against the Citizen’s Ethics Advisory Board, which has ruled that the employment of Edsall’s son, assistant coach Corey Edsall, violates state ethics laws.<<

>>Corey Edsall, like many Division I assistant coaches, received a one-year contract. Randy Edsall, who has agreed in principle to a five-year deal, hopes to retain his son on the coaching staff going forward, but it would require another contract for Corey. If a stay is not granted, a contract cannot be offered and that could be an issue, the Edsalls argued in a court document filed by their attorney Friday.

“Without an assistant football coaching contract for Corey, UConn is forced to breach its agreement with Mr. Edsall, and Mr. Edsall is no longer bound to remain the head football coach at UConn,” Friday’s filing reads. “The loss of Corey and, potentially, Mr. Edsall is certainly an irreparable harm to UConn.”<<

>>The parties are due in court in New Britain Tuesday, and Randy Edsall is expected to testify.<<

Seriously?

Reaction Score
uhh so this isn't good. Head Coach Rhett Lashlee if this doesn't get solved?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The stay is a reasonable request as it allows every one to move forward until the case can be heard.

Reaction Score
Nice timing...

Is the court hearing open to the public?

I have some time available and I'm feeling a "UConn ---Huskies, UConn---Huskies, Huskies--UConn woot" coming on.

Start a gofundme.com page as I will need bail money. ;)

Reaction Score
I hate to say it the Two edsalls will be here next year. There jobs aren’t finished. They want a consistent bowl team.

Reaction Score
Is the court hearing open to the public?

I have some time available and I'm feeling a "UConn ---Huskies, UConn---Huskies, Huskies--UConn woot" coming on.

Start a gofundme.com page as I will need bail money. ;)

It would be nice if you made a fool of yourself somewhere other than the Boneyard for a change.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You would be surprised how many head football and basketball coaches haven’t signed their contracts.

Don’t know what their angle is, but it’s pretty common.

Reaction Score
uhh so this isn't good. Head Coach Rhett Lashlee if this doesn't get solved?
How does the state ethics board give the CIAC a pass on Lou Marinelli and his son John coaching together at New Canaan all those years? If a local town government can allow it then the state should too. The late great Ray Meyer had a contract at DePaul University all those years as did his son Joey Meyer.

Reaction Score
How does the state ethics board give the CIAC a pass on Lou Marinelli and his son John coaching together at New Canaan all those years? If a local town government can allow it then the state should too. The late great Ray Meyer had a contract at DePaul University all those years as did his son Joey Meyer.

Other than Marinelli’s son not working for the state (and probably not getting paid) and DePaul being a private university, virtually no difference at all.

Reaction Score
Other than Marinelli’s son not working for the state (and probably not getting paid) and DePaul being a private university, virtually no difference at all.
Isn't the CIAC is a state entity, which oversees the conference that the Marinelli's coach in?

Reaction Score
When in a hole, please stop digging.
I made my point, Mr Crooked Fairfield Attorney. There are other precedents, in college and high school sports that Edsall can bring up in the lawsuit.

Reaction Score
For your own good, cut bait.
I made a valid and fair point and got pounced on, you can go screw each other, and it was in the form of a question, but still got attacked.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom