C Edsall’s Contract (...and Dad’s too) Updated Monday Afternoon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

C Edsall’s Contract (...and Dad’s too) Updated Monday Afternoon

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
As I said when they made the decision that it just shows how small time the state of Connecticut truly is.

This should have been done last January, not in December if it happens at all.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Hopefully the court renders a decision quickly. UConn says he is not supervised by Randy, board says otherwise.

DAC17

Once upon a time, would never miss a game
Reaction Score
For anyone who thinks the state should be pursuing this issue, who’s going to be the next football coach if Edsall takes his football and leaves?

Trick question. UConn football will die a quick death. And whoever they hire will want well more than the combined Edsalls’ salary. Only in CT.

Reaction Score
It would be nice if you made a fool of yourself somewhere other than the Boneyard for a change.

Good comeback Potsie. Now go back to your silent mode like you promised us.

You're not half as insightful as you think you are.

Reaction Score
I think the whole thing could be solved if the State simply outsourced the entire coaching function to Edsall Coaching, LLC. The latter entity can hire whomever they want.

Reaction Score
I think the whole thing could be solved if the State simply outsourced the entire coaching function to Edsall Coaching, LLC. The latter entity can hire whomever they want.

Do you think that’s why Rhett came to Connecticut. He knew this was going to happen. If nothing gets resolved he might be HC. I’m hoping Corey can come back.

Reaction Score
Poster child for Connecticut's over regulation and sprawling do nothing bureaucracy. How many times do we see agencies over reaching with hubris. Moreover, the legislature could have fixed this with a special act, but were too busy fighting over the budget. They worry about special interests and corruption, but are owned by state employee and teacher unions. Just pathetic.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The state law is a necessary one. One doesn't get to ignore it just because the state FB coach wants to give his son a six figure payday to tweet. It seems to me that everyone is looking to find a way to resolve this. One thing for sure, this is issue is not small time. Connecticut is not Alabama and that's a good thing.

Reaction Score
UConn is skating on some pretty thin ice here; they can't afford another major misstep. Not much is going right for men's major sports these days.
Agree with what you say here, and add that the timing of this mornings Hartford Courant headline is as bad or worse than Bob Diaco's clock management. With all the coaches visiting recruits this week they are going to have their hands full when a parent or player asks if Randy will be here much longer.

Poster child for Connecticut's over regulation and sprawling do nothing bureaucracy. How many times do we see agencies over reaching with hubris. Moreover, the legislature could have fixed this with a special act, but were too busy fighting over the budget. They worry about special interests and corruption, but are owned by state employee and teacher unions. Just pathetic.

You bring up the legislature, here is some info on what they are allowed as elected officials.
http://www.ncsl.org/research/ethics/50-state-table-nepotism-restrictions.aspx Interesting
Also it was in the recent past that a couple folks in the state Dept of Education were fined / suspended for helping their kids get state jobs.
State Manager Whose Son Got Job Suspended For 60 Days
A lot of sticky wickets in this one sad to say. :( :confused:
Not putting all this on AD David Benedict but Randy's request of hiring Cory should have been vetted by UConn legal before anyone signed anything.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The state law is a necessary one. One doesn't get to ignore it just because the state FB coach wants to give his son a six figure payday to tweet. It seems to me that everyone is looking to find a way to resolve this. One thing for sure, this is issue is not small time. Connecticut is not Alabama and that's a good thing.

No, but this makes the state look poorly around the country. We should have a level playing field but my guess is you're okay with being treated differently.

Reaction Score
Not even close to what happened. The coach bargained for it before he was an employee of the state. The university agreed and structured to comply once hired and a bunch of good /for-nothing bureaucrats were offended because somebody didn't kiss their in advance to their satisfaction. The office issued an opinion beforehand and they refused to homor their own opinion as non-binding like bureaucrats do. Finally, Connecticut is pathetically corrupt in ways the have killed this state. don't kid yourself.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I made a valid and fair point and got pounced on, you can go screw each other, and it was in the form of a question, but still got attacked.
And I for one am shocked, absolutely shocked that that would happen on the BY.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah I'm calling BS on that. The arrangement meets state guidelines unless you create two fictions 1)changing the starting date and 2)changing who manages him . That's what the committee did.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom