2020 Recruiting: - C Dylan Cardwell sets official visit to UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: C Dylan Cardwell sets official visit to UConn

Reaction Score
thats gonna be tough to pull off. cam, niels, and cliff are the only top100 targets left. hopefully if cam commits it's enough to give cliff the push he needs.

on a different note- is the assumption that because cam and cardwell are teammates at oak hill they have a good relationship and would like to play together in college?
Cardwell will not be playing at Oak Hill this year. He’s playing in GA with Sharife Cooper.

Reaction Score
LOL - I can assure you, I am not sitting in some dark basement.

Actually, Chief has made an executive decision to put you and a couple of your burner or circle jerk accounts on Ignore. You are obviously a nobody crying for attention and now you will have to find someone else to pathetically attach to in hopes of generating the attention, you can’t generate through your own talents.
all publicity is good publicity chiefy

Reaction Score
Cardwell will not be playing at Oak Hill this year. He’s playing in GA with Sharife Cooper.

allow me to rephrase- is the assumption that because cam and cardwell were teammates at oak hill last season they have a good relationship and would like to play together in college?

i'm just hoping that they got along is all

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
allow me to rephrase- is the assumption that because cam and cardwell were teammates at oak hill last season they have a good relationship and would like to play together in college?

i'm just hoping that they got along is all

That’s a lot to read into without any sort of proof (public comments, etc.).

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
there isn't any proof that you dislike me for some reason either, but there may be some circumstantial evidence

I have no feelings about you either way. I do find the board a lot easier to read and mine for useful information when blind conjecture and facts are kept separate. I can’t imagine I’m the only one.

Reaction Score
I have no feelings about you either way. I do find the board a lot easier to read and mine for useful information when blind conjecture and facts are kept separate. I can’t imagine I’m the only one.

there's the proof! you are the only one that demands a conjecture free message board, but from now on i'll label each section of my posts as either "blind conjecture" or "facts" just for your reading pleasure.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I get that, but in the absence of information showing hostility I'd assume two former teammates in the same class have some positive relationship. It could be wrong, but the odds of a positive impact are improved.

Reaction Score
I've had to do the opposite and ignore that uconngb bozo. Insufferable and hasn't posted an original thought yet.
Other than having the UConn to the Big East story before anyone. But that’s clearly not as big news as “we are in good w Springs” four months ago and nothing since.

Some of you folks are quite funny. I do get amusement out of many of you. I take your “ignores” as a compliment.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
there isn't any proof that you dislike me for some reason either, but there may be some circumstantial evidence
Looking at his posting history I bet this is the first or second year that bendm has followed recruiting avidly. He’s got that dreamer buzz/hope that only gets crushed out of you a few years in. Cut him some slack

Reaction Score
We need a +/- relevancy button and a filter to only see posts that add to the subject. Would make browsing experience a lot better to read only the recruiting news and highlights and turn off the riff raff. Sometimes good posters go bad and bad posters go good.

What makes it easy for you OFP is if you see "mau" you know I'm always on the threads target thoughts. :eek::D

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I like Cliff a lot. I liked Kofi too but also thought for the long run Wahab would've been very good for us. Eerily similar no?
Exactly. Lesson learned hopefully.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Your posts are just as annoying, if not moreso. You need to accept @Chief00 has won. You aren't going to "gotcha" him into changing. He has proven that he has no conscience. While most people know he is a joke, a lot of people do like his schtick. You are fighting a sysyphean battle.
I'm hoping Kenya gets Thomas and Cardwell even if it means giving a moral victory to Syrexcuse.

Had to give a shout out to Cardwell before explaining I gave you a like for using sysyphean.

C

Chief00

So how do you think he fits as a 5 in our system vs. Cliff? I don't know enough about him really. With two scholarships and Springs on board, I don't think we can bring in two bigs, although a long wing would be ok.
LOL - For Chief’s taste, I like a stable of Big bucks to rotate up front. We had that in 2004 and it worked well.

C

Chief00

Different people hearing different things. I wouldn’t bet on this either way, but if I was absolutely forced to put money down it’d be on Cardwell.
Cliff has lots of suitors. Big schools are knocking. August through 10/15 is when Hurley likes to get commitments.

Reaction Score
Sure, except that we got a commitment last freaking week.

Our 2020 open scholarships stand at two right? Three if AG decides to leave. I think the staff needs to focus on quality with those two. Preferably a big and wing. Both should be top 100. Most of those higher rated guys aren't committing this early (some do).

However, "last freaking week's" commitment was for 2019 (Bouknight, Gaffney and Akok's class} while my reference was to how the lack of commits for 2020 may soon lead to major anxiety.

I hope we don't get sucked into waiting for Cliff and lose out on a player like Cardwell or perhaps some of the others we've been linked to lately. Use the Calhoun method. Offer several and let them know we take the first one that accepts.

C

Chief00

However, "last freaking week's" commitment was for 2019 (Bouknight, Gaffney and Akok's class} while my reference was to how the lack of commits for 2020 may soon lead to major anxiety.

I hope we don't get sucked into waiting for Cliff and lose out on a player like Cardwell or perhaps some of the others we've been linked to lately. Use the Calhoun method. Offer several and let them know we take the first one that accepts.
My understanding, within reason, we are going with the later approach this year. No one will admit we went with the former approach last year - and that’s ok - as long as we are back to the Calhoun way this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Open forum psychiatry! Awesome!
Mmm, kind of seems more like a not so subtle request for you to quit being a dick.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom