Butler Picks UConn | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Butler Picks UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She won't be signing a LOI. The National Letter of Intent only applies to a player's initial enrollment in an NCAA school (including transfers from junior colleges to an NCAA school).

Publicity rules do, however, prohibit the school to which a player is transferring from commenting until the basic enrollment paperwork is done -- such as acceptance of a written scholarship offer from the school.

Will she sign the scholly offer on the hood of her car?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I think picking up Butler affects Brown in one way or another. I'm not sure it affects anyone else very much, though maybe it means that McCoy would not start as a frosh, of she picks UConn.

Clearly, UConn looks like a Final Four team for the next 4-5 years, at least. :)

O I don't know. The twin towers has served us well in the past. Think on that young jedi

'Try' Not!
Do
or do not

There is no 'try'

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Sounds like we'll love this kid.

"She chases excellence on and off the court. She is smart and she truly loves basketball. She plays and trains year-round. She works at it. She came to practice early and worked. She stayed 30 minutes after and worked," Butler's high school coach, Lake Braddock's John Giannelli, told the Courant last week. "Before practice she'd already be soaked with sweat. I'd kid her, 'Natalie, why are you wet, it's not raining out?' It's because she had already run the steps in our football stadium before a three-hour practice. She worked with medicine balls. She's not afraid to bump or push and when she plays rough she plays better."

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Sounds like we'll love this kid.

"She chases excellence on and off the court. She is smart and she truly loves basketball. She plays and trains year-round. She works at it. She came to practice early and worked. She stayed 30 minutes after and worked," Butler's high school coach, Lake Braddock's John Giannelli, told the Courant last week. "Before practice she'd already be soaked with sweat. I'd kid her, 'Natalie, why are you wet, it's not raining out?' It's because she had already run the steps in our football stadium before a three-hour practice. She worked with medicine balls. She's not afraid to bump or push and when she plays rough she plays better."
Just wow. The more I hear about this kid, the more I think we are really lucky!

Reaction Score
Same HS as Mike Nebrich the departed QB now at Fordham

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Having Natalie Butler (1) decide to leave Georgetown surprisingly, then (2) publicly announce that she was considering transferring only to either UVa or UConn, THEN (3) decide quickly to commit to the Huskies -- a mind-boggling sequence of events, especially in light of UConn's need for at least one BIG player after Kiah graduates. Reminds me of the old adage:

"All the planning in the world doesn't beat plain dumb luck."

My first thought also... luck. But upon further thought (See "Rich: Fairfax Stars ED thinks Butler is bound for greatness" thread), this was luck that Geno and CD have made for themselves over the last 20 years of hard work. This was no random event. Kudos to them for building a program that attracts this kind of quality kid.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
MEYER: I won't ask how you were ending Tuesday night??? (Along with the Rangers/Pens game, how did you MISS this? Well, at least you work up.....always a good thing)
Was out reffing after work, when I got home found out my step-son's car's brakes were gone. Spent most of the night looking at it and getting it towed to the shop. Didn't get a chance to get back on the BY til this morning.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
ahem.

I believe you are eager to hear comments from Natalie but anxious to hear them from Katie Lou and Asia.
English 101 lesson from Kib. :)

10,000 posts, and I'm still a work in progress.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
My first thought also... luck. But upon further thought (See "Rich: Fairfax Stars ED thinks Butler is bound for greatness" thread), this was luck that Geno and CD have made for themselves over the last 20 years of hard work. This was no random event. Kudos to them for building a program that attracts this kind of quality kid.

Now I go to Vince Lombardi:

"Lady luck doesn't kiss bums sleeping on park benches."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She won't be signing a LOI. The National Letter of Intent only applies to a player's initial enrollment in an NCAA school (including transfers from junior colleges to an NCAA school).

Publicity rules do, however, prohibit the school to which a player is transferring from commenting until the basic enrollment paperwork is done -- such as acceptance of a written scholarship offer from the school.
Thanks for the correction, Solicitor! The lack of LOI makes sense. The relevant point is that Natalie needs to complete some paperwork. It's a shame it wasn't completed already, because Coach was very talkative today. But it's ok--great players and people are worth waiting for.

Reaction Score
Butler, and Stewie are both gym rats, always trying to improve. Butler even though not playing next year, will keep Stewie, Kiah, and Morgan sharp, and that should be frightening to opponents.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I wonder if Geno is going to try a Houdini and apply for her to play this season on hardship grounds?

Like, three coaches in one year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I wonder if Geno is going to try a Houdini and apply for her to play this season on hardship grounds?

We've asked that, but not heard any confirmation. I think Natalie develops more by redshirting plus 3 seasons of playing, though she'll be WNBA-eligible in 3 years.

U

UCONNfan1

I hope not. I don't believe she is needed to win a NC, and let her learn the ropes so she can have 3 years, but her first year with us she will be a junior age-wise. I think that's a better use of her skills and eligibility...

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
You know what's really scary...UConn can only get better. All the pieces are coming together. Guards, wings, bigs an experienced post, a terrific roster coming back and a lot of top recruits who want to play for UConn.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Now I go to Vince Lombardi:

"Lady luck doesn't kiss bums sleeping on park benches."

The Wisconsin contingent of the Huskie faithful appreciate the quote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom