Butler Picks UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Butler Picks UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UCONNfan1

By the way, you all probably knew this, or it was posted before I'm sure, but she AVERAGED a triple-double her senior year of HS. 26.2 PPG, 17.8 RPG and 10.1 BPG (that's "blocks per game"). Whoever called her the "Great Eraser" - um, yeah!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
And what a team she will have to practice with!!

Reaction Score
This is great get for UCONN and for Natalie herself, great chance to learn from the greatest coaching staff in the country and fill a BIG void! Welcome, welcome!!

Reaction Score
Roster next year now at 11.
I think this means 0 to 2 more players from the 2015 class.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great stuff! So glad she chose UCONN! Welcome to the family!!

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Seems like a great get for UCONN, will definitely help with post depth once Stokes and KML graduate. Question--anyone know why Butler wasn't recruited heavily in high school? Did she not play for a strong AAU team? Georgetown didn't exactly light it up last year, but Butler averaged 14 points, 13 rebounds, 2 blocks and 2 assists per game which is stellar by any standard, especially for a freshman. At 6-5 with a big frame and ability to score and rebound inside, I'm really surprised she wasn't a top 100 recruit.

Reaction Score
How many players have transferred in during the Geno era? I can think of 8 before Butler.

1. Rene Najarian
  2. Rita Williams '98
  3. Courtney Gaine '99 Sarah Northway
  4. Tihana Abrilic '99
  5. C Rigby '01
  6. R. Sadiq
  7. B. Hunter
  8. Jess McCormack

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seems like a great get for UCONN, will definitely help with post depth once Stokes and KML graduate. Question--anyone know why Butler wasn't recruited heavily in high school? Did she not play for a strong AAU team? Georgetown didn't exactly light it up last year, but Butler averaged 14 points, 13 rebounds, 2 blocks and 2 assists per game which is stellar by any standard, especially for a freshman. At 6-5 with a big frame and ability to score and rebound inside, I'm really surprised she wasn't a top 100 recruit.

Until her senior year in HS, she didn't have that ability. She was a late developer.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Anchors Aweigh.....and a welcome and tip o' the cap to Pop and Mom Butler as well. KNEW I could count on a Navy man to do the right thing. Man oh man oh man..a proven player with size.
Welcome aboard and welcome to the family from another Naval Officer!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
One of the biggest pick-ups for UCONN. You really needed a big and here she is. I hope this sends Brown Baylor's way.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Dare I say it? She sounds like the second coming of (gasp) Stefani the Great! But...can she dance and wear funny hats? (Oh yeah, and set bone-jarring picks.) Laissez les bon temps rouler!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Natalie is a late bloomer, who is rapidly improving even now.

As a high school sophomore, she averaged 4.9 ppg and thought playing Division 1 basketball was only a dream.

As a junior, she improved to average 19 and 19, and got a number of scholarship offers. Late that season, she chose Georgetown. Most of the offers were from mid-level programs, though major programs like Baylor were beginning to show interest.

As a senior, she improved further and averaged 26, 18, and 10--a triple-double. She was named 1st Team All-State and 1st Team All-Met (DC area). People knew who she was her senior year, but she followed through on her commitment to Georgetown.

As a college frosh, she averaged about 14 and 13 and was one of the best rebounders in the nation, regardless of class. She was the unanimous Big East FOY and a top-15 frosh nationally.

The coaching changes at G'town likely were a reason for her looking to transfer. Odd circumstances, but we are the beneficiaries. I'm feeling very grateful!!! We need a center starting in 2015, and one of the best just landed in our lap. Amazing!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01