Buffalo Post Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Buffalo Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Id be curious to see what the run/pass split is when Evers is in and When JF is in. Because it feels like we have a lot more confidence throwing the ball with JF
I think part of that is also that 1.) Joe doesn't run like Nick, so a different play calling strategy is needed and 2.) Our starting quarterback is out indefinitely at the moment until we hear what happened, so lets not put our #2 in a spot to be injured so that we're now relying on third string.

I'm pretty neutral between Joey Meatballs and NE and it was encouraging to see that JF could come in and the offense kept trucking. But it seems like the consensus on the board has been that while NE and JF were competing for the starting role, that there is a gap between those two and McDonald and Welliver. So, need to keep Fagnano healthy. Kinda looked like that on the options where Fagnano pulled the ball and kept it. He ran a bit and then looked for a spot to get on the ground and move on to the next play.

Reaction Score
Absolutely.

The 3-3-5 looks a heck of a lot different under Brock than it did under Crockett, right? Great stuff...
In fairness to Crocker, UConn did not have the personnel to run a 3-3-5 as the roster was still full of Diaco recruits. Brock had the luxury of the portal plus multiple years of roster rebuilding by Mora. Still, I like Brock and his energy.

Reaction Score

Good to see! While yesterday was no problem, as the students didn't show, Dale might not have been able to get in the student section the previous 2 games when the student section was full. At both of those games, my son & nephew were denied entry into the student section as the tennis ball ushers were actually doing their job & checking tickets to ensure that only students were sitting in that area.

Reaction Score
Fagnano got two starts. He looked much better than in relief. The fact that he was a little erratic on injury duty isn’t necessarily surprising. Adrenaline and all.

If Evers is out next week and Joe is first team all week I expect him to be less erratic.
After he settled in he was much more effective.

Reaction Score
Honestly what makes you think Benedict understands this?
Not to be disrespectful, but DB wasn't born yesterday. He got the right guys for MBB and FB, why would he not understand the pay for performance thing? FB revenues are still down, but you gotta think that is in the process of change as they win more games. Yesterday was perfect for football. Coulda been a bit brighter, but it was very comfortable. We were disappointed to see the Rent only a third full. But that should change.

Reaction Score
Not to be disrespectful, but DB wasn't born yesterday. He got the right guys for MBB and FB, why would he not understand the pay for performance thing? FB revenues are still down, but you gotta think that is in the process of change as they win more games. Yesterday was perfect for football. Coulda been a bit brighter, but it was very comfortable. We were disappointed to see the Rent only a third full. But that should change.
"old guy" agrees with RST. I know my opinion holds no water on this site, but I will post this thought anyway. Would it not be a huge boost to the program if 30,000 showed up for the Temple game. I would go myself if able, but I love the school, and the wonderful "thrill of victories" the women and men's basketball program has brought to the state. Baseball and hockey and other programs as well. So, I believe a large crowd and a victory over Temple would help turn the corner for the FB program. So, if you have tickets I urge you to go. If you have been considering going to a game make it this one. Be well, and old guy hopes you enjoy the game...

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Second rout live for me at the Rent this year but this ine was way more impressive. Maybe the Duke game is the best indicator of where this team really is, and that would not be a bad thing. Fagnano is clearly a more decisive and better passer than Evers and not a terrible runner, iI hope Evers is ok and maybe he just needs more snaps, not really having played in over 2 years, but Fagnano has to be the guy now. I wasn’t one of those who wanted no part of him this year, but he has been a clear abswer so far beyond what I thought.

But it was the defense that blew me away. They looked great. When was tge last time a UConn D stopped a team from gaining a yard on 3 straight downs and was so generally dominant. Hope that is a sign of more to come. .

Reaction Score
As great as it’s going now, this is going to be a long haul process barring a soft landing in the??? We are looking at a timetable that probably extends post Mora and maybe Hurley. DB has a Rolodex of names as does Mora for openings as they happen. Make a plan and work the plan, tweak the plan and keep moving. Simplistic yes, but the only constant is change.

Reaction Score
Second rout live for me at the Rent this year but this ine was way more impressive. Maybe the Duke game is the best indicator of where this team really is, and that would not be a bad thing. Fagnano is clearly a more decisive and better passer than Evers and not a terrible runner, iI hope Evers is ok and maybe he just needs more snaps, not really having played in over 2 years, but Fagnano has to be the guy now. I wasn’t one of those who wanted no part of him this year, but he has been a clear abswer so far beyond what I thought.

But it was the defense that blew me away. They looked great. When was tge last time a UConn D stopped a team from gaining a yard on 3 straight downs and was so generally dominant. Hope that is a sign of more to come. .
I knew our D was different this year against Duke, when we turned the ball over a midfield and forced them to punt with a 3 and out. 3 and outs all game, giving our offense a chance to win the game.

It’s been nearly a decade since I’ve seen a UConn defense do that….

The Maryland game - while a blow out - and Duke - a loss - you could tell something was different down in the trenches where game are won and lost.

This year is going to be different.

Reaction Score
"old guy" agrees with RST. I know my opinion holds no water on this site, but I will post this thought anyway. Would it not be a huge boost to the program if 30,000 showed up for the Temple game. I would go myself if able, but I love the school, and the wonderful "thrill of victories" the women and men's basketball program has brought to the state. Baseball and hockey and other programs as well. So, I believe a large crowd and a victory over Temple would help turn the corner for the FB program. So, if you have tickets I urge you to go. If you have been considering going to a game make it this one. Be well, and old guy hopes you enjoy the game...
I think attendance is nearing a tipping point. At some point the state will wake up and say, "Hey, UConn is good again!! Let's go!! That was fun back in the oughts!!!"

Reaction Score
Evers is gonna be more efficient and is a danger with his legs. Fagano early the better pocket passer at this point in career and is willing to throw it deeper.

This team doesn’t NEED a QB who can do things with his legs. We actually have great running backs and great linemen. We also have some really good WRs, Bell is probably the best we have ever had.

We don’t need a running QB with those weapons and it’s more dangerous for the other team to have to account for a passing game (Nick Evers cannot pass well. Not up for debate) than a slight mobile QB who gets concussed every other game.

Reaction Score
Great performance for all three phases. I hope Nick and Chadwick are okay.

The defense is really starting to impress. Nice to have linebackers like Hardy, McDonald and Tui. Just like the old days.

Great running backs with speed and quickness. And Sklyer and TJ's speed certainly helps. As Mike Crispino said on broadcast, there is no substitute for speed.

I was not able to view on CBS Sports. I have the app but when I clicked on game in FL, it said I couldn't watch it in my area on Spectrum. Anybody else have that issue?
Download a VPN. It will allow you to watch anything from anywhere.

Reaction Score
Everyone's opinion on this site holds water. Some water is more polluted than others but it's all good. And I agree, although Temple isn't very good, it would be a huge win anyway. Make it 4!!!

Reaction Score
Everyone's opinion on this site holds water. Some water is more polluted than others but it's all good. And I agree, although Temple isn't very good, it would be a huge win anyway. Make it 4!!!

Temple is a team that always played us tough but we still beat them during the 2000s, then they bullied us most of the time in the AAC years when we were horrible, so beating them next week would be another solid win for us. This season's schedule is ready made for a bowl berth. Taking care of business at home for all these home games is not only important but also makes a statement that UConn Football is on its way back.

Reaction Score
All Blue Uniforms. I really like this combination the best.
The difference over the past three home wins. They had the white military helmets vs FAU and white pants vs Merrimack.
I say go all blue again against Temple.

uconn uniforms.jpg

Reaction Score
All Blue Uniforms. I really like this combination the best.
The difference over the past three home wins. They had the white military helmets vs FAU and white pants vs Merrimack.
I say go all blue again against Temple.

View attachment 103810

I agree. The helmet is missing something though. Still better than the Block C.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom