Buffalo Post Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Buffalo Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Absolutely.

The 3-3-5 looks a heck of a lot different under Brock than it did under Crockett, right? Great stuff...
Looks more like a 3-5-3. Announcers kept talking about 3 deep, and they loved how they were mixing rushers all over. It’s what I’ve been hoping for! The 2 passes knocked down by linemen dropping into coverage was extra special. It’s going to give future opponents a lot of heartburn.

Reaction Score
He did get a couple series against Merrimack, what stood out in the brief appearance:
  • He was far more accurate in his passing than any other QB that day
  • He was very poised in the pocket
  • He needs to add weight. It was striking how thin he looked compared to everyone else on the field
The kid is the goods.
So he has 4 games, used one. He is not going to play a whole game and redshirt, but gotta think you need to give him a significant quantity to both satisfy and keep him hungry at the same time if that makes sense. Freshmen who redshirt often don’t realize how much they need to do and often think they are better and more ready than they are.
I did not want him to redshirt.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Hurley doesn't win like he has I don't think he'd get this kind of leash nor do we get the football players we do. Football players are sports fans too
It all fits together, nothing is in a vacuum or a silo. Winners like winning and other winners fo sho. To not realize how difficult a job DB has had, and how good a job he has done is unfair. And I don’t like him, so I feel as though I am pretty objective.

Reaction Score
My biggest fear is having someone come in and scoop up Matt Brock. I’m super impressed with how the defense is coming together. The growth from week 1 is noticeable! Pay that man!
The program hasn't had (positive) offensive or defensive continuity in a long time. It's one of the reasons we've sucked. Actually have a scheme and keeping staff for a few years is a big deal.

Reaction Score
I said this in the chat during the game: Skyler Bell could very well be the best offensive player UConn has had since Donald Brown. This breakaway ability into space & afterburner speed is stuff that usually happens against us when we play P4-level teams. What a weapon to have on offense.

Reaction Score
Most of us are from CT. We aren't exactly a grateful population lol.

1727578221719.jpeg

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Yeah, but what is that number? 1.5 million?

Now, what is the difference between our combined conference contracts and the Big12 or ACC? 25 million?
Can't use the TV money until revenue sharing passes. NIL is externally funded and coaches are absolutely forced to at least consider keeping their transfers happy. Players will spread the word if promises are broken.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Can't use the TV money until revenue sharing passes. NIL is externally funded and coaches are absolutely forced to at least consider keeping their transfers happy. Players will spread the word if promises are broken.
I know. Read further in the thread. You're late...

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
He did get a couple series against Merrimack, what stood out in the brief appearance:
  • He was far more accurate in his passing than any other QB that day
  • He was very poised in the pocket
  • He needs to add weight. It was striking how thin he looked compared to everyone else on the field
The kid is the goods.
Did we watch the same game?

He threw 4 passes, completed 2, one for 9 yards, one for 1 yard (when we needed 4). He had a 4th and 3 at Merrimack's 27 and whiffed.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Four wins of next seven would NOT be great. Would I have taken 7-5 coming off the Maryland loss? Absolutely. But from where we are today, I will be disappointed if we don’t get to at least 8-4, and I do not think that is the ceiling.
Ahhhhh, that's the Bizlaw that we know and love.that's the Biz law that we know in love.

Reaction Score
Very disappointed with the attendance the last two games, but I can't even get any other adults to the game with me. At least I can force my kids to come lol well except next weekend I might be solo lol

I did it and it was a good time! Still happy to be there and cheer for our boys!!!

Reaction Score
I know Benedict is loved on this board. I get it - basketball program is unreal. He is not a football AD which to me is crazy since he came over from a huge football school.
that should tell you something, shouldn't it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom