Buffalo Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Buffalo Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
I dont get the complaints here. It’s odd. Fagano has a strong arm, but is erratic more than inaccurate. The better the team, the more consistent you have to be.

As far as Evers slant…that is a nit, he was a hair off target.

Evers is gonna be more efficient and is a danger with his legs. Fagano early the better pocket passer at this point in career and is willing to throw it deeper.
John. I am sure you know a lot more football than me. But I sensed a much higher level of comfort in Joe once he settled down. And I think you put your finger on an important point. He is willing to throw long which is how you get defenders out of the box.

Reaction Score
My understand is that they suck this year. But as someone who posted previously has said, UConn is not yet in a position that they can look past a team like Temple to concentrate on Wake. Temple might just have a particular strength that can exploit a previously unrevealed UConn vulnerability. One down at a time, one possession at a time, one quarter at a time, one game at a time. But I have hope. This team seems to have workmanlike qualities.
Yeah, I’m a one at a time guy as well, just sounded like you had some insight into the Temple passing game. I like the info I get from the Yard, usually more focused and insightful than a lot of the commercial sources.

Reaction Score
John. I am sure you know a lot more football than me. But I sensed a much higher level of comfort in Joe once he settled down. And I think you put your finger on an important point. He is willing to throw long which is how you get defenders out of the box.

THIS!!! Is JF accurate enough? No, he’s not. (Neither is NE.). But can he throw the ball down the field effectively enough that defenders can’t creep into the box to overplay the run, without risking being burned deep? Yes.

Is that more important than the greater threat NE posseases keeping the ball and running? I think so, but the coaches know a lot more than me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was hoping for more people to show up to the game today, but the ones that were there were loud and proud. I got to meet @BlueandOG today along with his family, which was great.

Hoping we get some more butts in the seats for next week against Temple, because this team deserves it...
When I arrived today, the Blue lot appeared to be a lot fuller to me than it has been. After seeing this I was expecting a lot bigger crowd. I may have been deceived by the amount of cars I saw due to the fact that I went closer to kickoff than usual because I was feeling under the weather

Reaction Score
Id be curious to see what the run/pass split is when Evers is in and When JF is in. Because it feels like we have a lot more confidence throwing the ball with JF

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
When I arrived today, the Blue lot appeared to be a lot fuller to me than it has been. After seeing this I was expecting a lot bigger crowd. I may have been deceived by the amount of cars I saw due to the fact that I went closer to kickoff than usual because I was feeling under the weather

That's because they are doing a horrible job parking people in that first blue lot, and I'm not even 100% sure they are checking passes at this point. It's the second week in a row where I've arrived more than an hour in advance, and was one of the last cars to fit into that area...

Reaction Score
I spent a few minutes of a Buffalo message board. They complained about 2 things, their lack of offense (saying oht defense wasn't even that good) and that UConn spend way more money in NILs than they did.
The reference to the use of NIL By UConn is something Tom Herman of FAU noted as well. Its great to be able to go out and buy a team!

Reaction Score
Id be curious to see what the run/pass split is when Evers is in and When JF is in. Because it feels like we have a lot more confidence throwing the ball with JF
Joe graduates next spring, right? If true, would I be surprised if they worked the portal for another QB? Not at all. UConn's lack of a consistently accurate QB has already cost them a W. Either dramatic progress has to be made by those already in Storrs, or they will attempt to get someone.

Reaction Score
The reference to the use of NIL By UConn is something Tom Herman of FAU noted as well. Its great to be able to go out and buy a team!
That's what P4 teams do. And since UConn aspires to that level, that is what they have done. No apologies.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
45 minutes? Takes me 25 minutes
He over-sold his point, and then was reminded that the student section was sold out in the same time slot against an FCS team a couple of weeks ago after having been blown out a week prior to that. I'm pretty sure he wants a mulligan on his comment...

Reaction Score
Was O not humming with starter? I love having 2 qbs who are threats - why are so many fixated on taking sides, suggesting coach is putting nil above wins, and other half baked ideas. You’d think we were 1-4

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Meh. I think its 50-50. Lets see fagano against better teams. They have had 1000 yards of offense regardless of who is QB.
You are loudly wrong about this and that’s a okay. You won’t always be right about everything.

Reaction Score
Frankly both of these QB’s are competent enough but they aren’t the reason we are killing people. It’s the O line the running backs and our exceptional defense. I don’t want to be negative after another great win but Evers use of his legs has been mostly underwhelming and Fagnano misses receivers a lot. Bell was so open he was getting lonely on the first one and a stationary target on the second one. I still think you ride with Evers for the time being if he can stay on the field but it’s nice to know you have Joe waiting in the wings. As someone else said I can’t remember ever having that luxury before.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Well we are either #1, or #2 in NIL in the G5 according to Mike Burton. Memphis might have us beat.
Yeah, but what is that number? 1.5 million?

Now, what is the difference between our combined conference contracts and the Big12 or ACC? 25 million?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Joe graduates next spring, right? If true, would I be surprised if they worked the portal for another QB? Not at all. UConn's lack of a consistently accurate QB has already cost them a W. Either dramatic progress has to be made by those already in Storrs, or they will attempt to get someone.
I could well be wrong but I'm strongly of the belief that this time next year Welliver (as a redshirt freshman) will be firmly entrenched as the starting QB.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but what is that number? 1.5 million?

Now, what is the difference between our combined conference contracts and the Big12 or ACC? 25 million?
That money wouldn't be a part of NIL, though it would be real helpful with the upcoming revenue sharing.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
That money wouldn't be a part of NIL, though it would be real helpful with the upcoming revenue sharing.
It wouldn't, but then it helps to fix a bunch of other things like coaching salaries, on campus facilities, recruiting travel, etc.

When you add that to everything else, imagine what you could build!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom