Buffalo Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Buffalo Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
From the game audio, some of the Buffalo crew messed around with the UConn players as our boys were warming up on their end of the field. Seems all they did was rile up the boys for opening a can of whipass on the bulls.

In warm ups the teams usually split up the field in two L Shapes. They moved into the vertical space of our L. And then in the game we went Wyatt Earp on them.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
From the game audio, some of the Buffalo crew messed around with the UConn players as our boys were warming up on their end of the field. Seems all they did was rile up the boys for opening a can of whipass on the bulls.

Mora told the radio reporters that it was a "bush league move". Buffalo got a very good lesson of "F around and find out" today...

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
  • We were faster, stronger, better today.
  • Notre Dame. People used the transitive property to say that Buffalo was good team. Because they beat a #23 ranked NUI team that beat a then #5 ranked Notre Dame team. We now know that transitive logic doesn't work in sports. We also know that Notre Dame are cowards for not scheduling us.

- Missouri Tigers. The then ranked #9 Tigers beat Buffalo 38-0. By transitive property, not only do we belong in the top 10, but also the SEC.
To address your contents.

Sounds like you're describing bionic men.

The transitive property is a math fact. Since we're not used to having nice things, let us have this one.

Excellent use of the previously noted transitive property. See, it does work in sports.

Reaction Score
What an absolute treat to see competent football with good athletes making plays. It’s been a long time. Loving it. I don’t expect a straight line up , but the quality of athlete on the field is way better than we have seen in over 10 years. Boy that Duke game stings.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We now know that transitive logic doesn't work in sports.
Or is it just that we are better than Notre Dame?

Dungeons And Dragons Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG

Reaction Score
Yeah I’m not sure how there can be any other answer
The biggest drives to me were the sustained drives later on. There were the missed throws early and a few plays where it was just pitch it up to Skyler Bell, who was the best player on the field today. Being able to move the ball without the home run to Bell, is hugely important the rest rest of the way.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Super disappointed in the students today. They get a grade of maybe 1.4 out of 10. No reason at all for them not to be there today. Great cool fall day. Team is playing well and deserves appreciation. Spoiled rotten fan base.

I asked a couple of folks if there was an event at UConn last night that might have left them hung over, because last week they were there in full force. Today, they were down to about 20%. Can't figure out why...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The guy who won two Super Bowls in the booth today said it best on TV.

The offense runs better when Joe Fagnano is the QB.

It's unanimous.
Doesn't matter, in the near term at least he's our guy.

You could definitely see the rust when he first came in, but as the game war on, he looked better. I do think that last year's receivers drops unfairly hurt the perception of him by the fanbase.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Another ugly win - lol.
Hope Nick recovers quickly but this was a clear talent mismatch that only got worse when Fagnano came in and started making good decisions. A couple of those "inaccurate" throws were Joe purposely throwing it away. Otherwise he gets a lot more out of his weapons than Nick. It's been a long time since we consistently put up decent stats but we have to consider the opposition has been thin recently. From what I've seen we beat Duke with Fagnano but that's just speculation. Let's keep the home cooking going next week.

Reaction Score
I asked a couple of folks if there was an event at UConn last night that might have left them hung over, because last week they were there in full force. Today, they were down to about 20%. Can't figure out why...
UConn women's hockey (leading #2 Minnesota) and men's soccer tonight but generally just a poor showing.

Reaction Score
Another ugly win - lol.
Hope Nick recovers quickly but this was a clear talent mismatch that only got worse when Fagnano came in and started making good decisions. A couple of those "inaccurate" throws were Joe purposely throwing it away. Otherwise he gets a lot more out of his weapons than Nick. It's been a long time since we consistently put up decent stats but we have to consider the opposition has been thin recently. From what I've seen we beat Duke with Fagnano but that's just speculation. Let's keep the home cooking going next week.
The way we played the last 2 games is what makes me think we could have beaten Duke, not a particular player. I wouldn’t mind another crack at Maryland either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom