Brendan Adams (URI decommit) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Brendan Adams (URI decommit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure how I feel about a 6’3” shooting guard. At some point we’re going to need some size out of our guards

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
I was looking for his older bro's recruiting profile and it looks like Jaylen Adams (A10 POY) wasn't ranked and only received offers from St Bonnies and Mt St Marys.

We could be getting an incredible steal with Brendan.
We need a guard but I'm not sure Adams warrants a 4 year scholarship. Nobody really knows so we have to trust Hurley's judgement.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We need a guard but I'm not sure Adams warrants a 4 year scholarship. Nobody really knows so we have to trust Hurley's judgement.
So we go with Jalen and vital for the year?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
With all the studs Penny is getting to Memphis I hope we start hearing some positives from Coach DH and staff on the recruiting trail
C'mon guys - bring 'em on!!!!

Reaction Score
Have to like his size and he seems to go to the hole well. However, I'd like to see more evidence of his outside shooting.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
With all the studs Penny is getting to Memphis I hope we start hearing some positives from Coach Dan Hurley and staff on the recruiting trail
C'mon guys - bring 'em on!!!!

That's the sole reason Penny was hired, just cause he'd automatically get commits with his connects. Certainly wasn't hired based on resume. Hiring Penny guaranteed 6+ great recruits in the next year+.

I mean, he's worked with these kids for years so they decommit from other schools just to come be with their guy.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
That's the sole reason Penny was hired, just cause he'd automatically get commits with his connects. Certainly wasn't hired based on resume. Hiring Penny guaranteed 6+ great recruits in the next year+.

I mean, he's worked with these kids for years so they decommit from other schools just to come be with their guy.
If he can get Memphis to the tournament I'm all for it.

Reaction Score
If he can get Memphis to the tournament I'm all for it.
This is what our school thought Ollie would do. I'm interested to see what Kobe's ties with the women's program does...Maybe some secondary effects for the men's program .

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
This is what our school thought Ollie would do. I'm interested to see what Kobe's ties with the women's program does...Maybe some secondary effects for the men's program .

Hope so. But I never thought Ollie was a good replacement to JC.

Reaction Score
Hope so. But I never thought Ollie was a good replacement to JC.

True...very true. We will feel this pain when Geno retires too. It's hard to fill a HOF coach's shoes.

Off the top of my head I can't think of a school that pulled that off within 5-7 years.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
After Adams sees our facilities with Coach Hurley on board this late in the process I bet he commits this weekend. We need a guard bad.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
True...very true. We will feel this pain when Geno retires too. It's hard to fill a HOF coach's shoes.

Off the top of my head I can't think of a school that pulled that off within 5-7 years.

There are a few, (Heathcote->Izzo, Williams->Self), but generally speaking, you’re right - it doesn’t go well.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Kansas is the best.

Went from Larry Brown to Roy Williams to Bill Self.

Also James Naismith to Phogg Allen.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
There are a few, (Heathcote->Izzo, Williams->Self), but generally speaking, you’re right - it doesn’t go well.

I was just a tad late on the post, but you could say Larry Brown to Williams to Self. 3 HOF coaches in a row is a hell of a run.

Reaction Score
I actually like him as a fit.

I'm skeptical he's a starter type here - but he strikes me as a guy who could outperform his projections over time and he's slam dunk 4 year guy I think who can contribute as a second guard off the bench at least. For a rebuilding year? Give this kid 10-15 minutes a game as a freshman, we see how he evolves - he's a useful piece. Doesn't mean you can't still go after someone else. And he doesn't suck. He's a top 150 guy. He's useful.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I was just a tad late on the post, but you could say Larry Brown to Williams to Self. 3 HOF coaches in a row is a hell of a run.

I discarded Brown’s tenure at Kansas because he was only there for five years - he really doesn’t fit in with what we’re talking about here.

Reaction Score
yeah, maybe Kobe's ties with the women's program will help them get a top recruit or two.

Reaction Score
Don’t disagree but 5 years for Larry Brown is like a lifetime for that guy. It was almost like he learned his lesson...don’t stay anywhere more than 2-3 years after his Lawrence stint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom