Brendan Adams (URI decommit) | The Boneyard

Brendan Adams (URI decommit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nice handle, goes to the hole well. Would be a nice pick up for depth.

Reaction Score
3rd PG and insurance for Gilbert. Let him develop and step in next year. I like it. Go get a 5th year and bank the last schollie for next season (unless a big name comes up)

Reaction Score
3rd PG and insurance for Gilbert. Let him develop and step in next year. I like it. Go get a 5th year and bank the last schollie for next season (unless a big name comes up)

Banking scholarships is not a good idea. Especially with the uncertainty at Guard with Gilbert. Fill the roster and get guys working together.

Ollie left 2 scholarships unfilled in 2016-17. That compounded the problem once injuries hit. It just isn't a good idea to have less scholarship players on the roster than other teams.

Reaction Score
Banking scholarships is not a good idea. Especially with the uncertainty at Guard with Gilbert. Fill the roster and get guys working together.

Ollie left 2 scholarships unfilled in 2016-17. That compounded the problem once injuries hit. It just isn't a good idea to have less scholarship players on the roster than other teams.

But Jay Wright left 3 open I believe

Reaction Score
The highlights make him look like Terrence Samuel.
With respect to your opinion, I don't see the resemblance. His dribble isn't high enough to be like Samuel's. He has quicker moves and his jump shoot isn't a sling shot from over his head like Samuel's shot. It's right out in front of his face. From the video he looks like a much better player than Samuel's ever was.

Reaction Score
With respect to your opinion, I don't see the resemblance. His dribble isn't high enough to be like Samuel's. He has quicker moves and his jump shoot isn't a sling shot from over his head like Samuel's shot. It's right out in front of his face. From the video he looks like a much better player than Samuel's ever was.

I didn't say he was an exact clone. But a thin, 6-4, PG, who attacks the rim, and does have a high dribble made me immediately thin of TSam. And I really didn't see enough outside shooting in those highlights to have a opinion on that.

AND.. TSam wasn't a bad player, he helped on a NC squad, so it's not an insult.

Reaction Score
I imagine if Hurley really wants him, he will get him to UConn. URI is UConn lite academically and athletically.

Reaction Score
I didn't say he was an exact clone. But a thin, 6-4, PG, who attacks the rim, and does have a high dribble made me immediately thin of TSam. And I really didn't see enough outside shooting in those highlights to have a opinion on that.

AND.. TSam wasn't a bad player, he helped on a NC squad, so it's not an insult.

TSam averaged 6.1 points, 4.6 rebounds and 2.9 assists as a grad transfer. I would think Adams has a much higher ceiling than that in terms of scoring and distributing.

Reaction Score
Tying up a 4 year scholarship based on that mix tape would be disappointing. Hopefully there is more to his game than that tape showed. The drives to the hole seemed like the type that would be creamed by Cinci type defenders in the paint. Without the 100% 3 point shooting of the typical mixtape I assume that means shooting is not his forte. A body, but not exactly our missing link unless that clip doesn't do him justice.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
6' 4" PG. That would be nice for a change. Prior to URI interest it looks like it was Cinn. who was the only front runner on 247.
He is Troy Caupain's cousin btw. Ultimately the staff much preferred Logan Johnson as our PG for the 2018 class. Don't think they viewed him as a true PG.

Reaction Score
If we have other options, I would take them. Seems like a good player with tons of potential. But we need contributors NOW

Reaction Score
This is a tough one. Hurley liked him enough to close the deal for URI; but using his own words: UConn is a destination program. Is a lowish 3* properly destined for UConn?

The good news is that Adams isn't a random de commit but rather a known Hurley commodity. I will feel good about how this plays out either way as right now coach Dan has my full faith and confidence.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
He is Troy Caupain's cousin btw. Ultimately the staff much preferred Logan Johnson as our PG for the 2018 class. Don't think they viewed him as a true PG.

for all the jokes we have on the board about how cincy guys seem to play 6 or 7 years, Caupain is the guy who I can't believe played 4 so fast. Seemed like 2 or 3 tops.

Reaction Score
At this point - why wouldn't we want Jalen's little brother. Plus when they are in the game together we can say we have the Adam's Family backcourt, and they can play this at Gampel.

Wrong Adams. Brendan's older brother is Jaylen Adams from St. Bonaventure.

Reaction Score
Wrong Adams. Brendan's older brother is Jaylen Adams from St. Bonaventure.

Makes, sense - buy I was just going off the info somebody posted above. The theme song would still be cool to play if they are in the game together.

Reaction Score
for all the jokes we have on the board about how cincy guys seem to play 6 or 7 years, Caupain is the guy who I can't believe played 4 so fast. Seemed like 2 or 3 tops.

And that tough SOB killed us every time he got the chance. I was so happy when he graduated.

Reaction Score
Seriously? I felt like he was Scottie Reynolds all over again, got a lot of play as a freshman so it seemed he was there 6 years. I think most of that was because of his name, whenever the announcers would say "Caupain" it sounded like they were talking about the line of cocaine on the table in front of them, so it always made me double-take.

I similarly always hear Danny Dingle's name mentioned but didn't seem to be mentioned quite as much as Troy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom