Brendan Adams (URI decommit) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Brendan Adams (URI decommit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So which Boneyarder is on detail duty today? We need some hourly reports.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
So which Boneyarder is on detail duty today? We need some hourly reports.

I just cleaned the garage.

Then I had a tiny ham sandwich. You know when you buy that cracker trio and one of them is a butterfly shape and the other is kinda a salted rectangle and then the third kind sorta tastes like a communion wafer and no one likes them? We only had the third kind left so I made two teeny ham sandwiches out of four of them. It was okay.

Soon, I’m going to Home Depot to pick up a closet organizer.

That’s it for the 3 pm update.

Back at you in 60.

Reaction Score
I just cleaned the garage.

Then I had a tiny ham sandwich. You know when you buy that cracker trio and one of them is a butterfly shape and the other is kinda a salted rectangle and then the third kind sorta tastes like a communion wafer and no one likes them? We only had the third kind left so I made two teeny ham sandwiches out of four of them. It was okay.

Soon, I’m going to Home Depot to pick up a closet organizer.

That’s it for the 3 pm update.

Back at you in 60.

So you're telling me it's going pretty well...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Nope. Since getting gangrene in my kneecap after crawling though a Storrs stormwater drain I have retired from surveillance. Sorry.

pvssy.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
So you're telling me it's going pretty well...

Gangbusters.

Just used the Bowflex and the rowing machine for a while.

Obviously put off the Home Depot trip, but I’m thinking about heading out shortly.

Back at 5 or 6 for the latest.

Reaction Score
Gangbusters.

Obviously put off the Home Depot trip, but I’m thinking about heading out shortly.

Translation:

The recruits are touring the weight room and gym.

Hurley to shortly tell the recruits what the necessary tools are to exceed at UCONN.

Reaction Score
I’m heading to a 50th stopping at packy first. Will prolly have a couple ..... back you with how many at about 9-10

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Don’t disagree but 5 years for Larry Brown is like a lifetime for that guy. It was almost like he learned his lesson...don’t stay anywhere more than 2-3 years after his Lawrence stint.

He also had 2 Final Fours and a NC in that time span.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Given the lateness with recruiting, we may have to settle on lower level recruits this year. Adams may fit the bill for a year or two. He can then be recruited over once Hurley has things rolling. Adams can then accept either sitting on the bench or transferring out.

So basically, he'd be a depth guy for 4 years at the worst. That's fine, as he has potential to be a quality contributor as an upperclassmen.

Reaction Score
Just did some spring cleaning and shampooed the carpets in my apartment. Confirme_

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Game tape of Adams.

Did you watch it? I'm too lazy to do the hard yards.

Wasn't wowed by the mix tape, but those things are as reliable as crystal balls. Curious as to how he looks in an actual game.

Are his high school or AAU teams any good?

Reaction Score
Did you watch it? I'm too lazy to do the hard yards.

Wasn't wowed by the mix tape, but those things are as reliable as crystal balls. Curious as to how he looks in an actual game.

Are his high school or AAU teams any good?
I’m about to watch it. Can give a summary for those whom are lazy lol

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Gangbusters.

you got one of the super elite bowflex machines?

Reaction Score
Just pretty much sitting here, drinking and stuff. Do you think this recruit has seen West Hartford center yet? Has anybody thought to show him Grant's?

No? Okay.

Reaction Score
Also James Naismith to Phogg Allen.
Oddly, Naismith sucked as a coach. Lol.

Screen Shot 2018-04-14 at 5.22.28 PM.png

Reaction Score
KO made a big mistake in losing his experienced assistants (most were previous D1 head coaches) and replacing them with inexperienced guys that were decent recruiters but clearly couldn’t develop or identify talent at this level. They also couldn’t close for crap.

JC picked the right guy and left him set up for success. He then succeeded for a few years before dismantling the structure JC left him and at the same time becoming cocky and working less. JC didn’t see KO going that route, that was his only mistake.

The KO that we saw early on was a different coach. He was hungry, professional, polished looking and relied on the experience of his staff. The KO that was fired looked tired, clueless, lost, frustrated and almost disheveled despite the expensive suits. This experience will teach KO to remember what got him there and to either get his stuff together or retire.

The KO hiring became disappointing over time. But to bash JC for the decision, given how well KO did for the first two years, is very unfair. Whenever you hire someone, you have to judge the forseeable future. Guessing how they will do 5 years out can't be much more than a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom