Breaking news regarding KO on espn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Breaking news regarding KO on espn

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
He might not have a great hand to play with now, what's he supposed to do? He has to try to maintain some leverage the best he can

Reaction Score
Ko’s Best bet is a nuisance settlement offer. Based off the allegations tho I wouldn’t be surprised to see UConn stick to their guns for public perception. Sometimes spending. 1.5 in defense is better than settling for 500K

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
There is no spinning this for Ollie, which is sad for him.

He needs to move on and start coaching in the Pro's and learn from his time at UConn and not repeat his wrongs.
I am sad for him as well because he was one of my favorite Husky's of all time.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
For those of us who are thinking that UConn will skate with no NCAA sanctions, I remind you who the President of the NCAA is and his absolute love of UConn. I hope I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
For those of us who are thinking that UConn will skate with no NCAA sanctions, I remind you who the President of the NCAA is and his absolute love of UConn. I hope I'm wrong.
You're wrong.

Reaction Score
Just woke up to the news here in Europe. I guess it’s good news from the standpoint of the program, if we are not facing punishment. But I can’t help but feel bad for KO. What a mess he is in. He was way over his head being a HC at a major program. Never should have happened in the first place. But it did. Add to it his problems with his ex, man I would not want to be in his shoes right now.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
At this point, I have nothing but sympathy for Kevin Ollie.

He needs to stop the bleeding. Shut the lawyers up, stop hiring PR people who aren’t fooling anyone.

Just deal with the NCAA, cooperate with them as best he can and put this to bed. He’s going to have penalties, but have the final report mention his cooperation and that will go a long way. Figure a separation with UConn that allows both sides to say something good about the other, even if they don’t actually mean it.

And then get to the NBA and start rebuilding.

C

Chief00

From a dollar stand point this is good for UConn.

However, UConn being is now being discussed as a school with NCAA violations by its former coach. This is not how you want your university mentioned on sports shows and tickers around the country. Not to mention Ray and Gay having their names dragged through the mud.

And it is a sad way to disconnect from Ollie. He is a great alum. He won a NC here.

Not a good day for anyone except the accountants. The best news, tomorrow it will be behind us.

You have Glen Miller to thank for that mud fest. Chief got a lot of criticism about keeping it real about about that dude. Danny Griffin and others may have the ability to take him out too.

Reaction Score
At this point, I have nothing but sympathy for Kevin Ollie.

He needs to stop the bleeding. Shut the lawyers up, stop hiring PR people who aren’t fooling anyone.

Just deal with the NCAA, cooperate with them as best he can and put this to bed. He’s going to have penalties, but have the final report mention his cooperation and that will go a long way. Figure a separation with UConn that allows both sides to say something good about the other, even if they don’t actually mean it.

And then get to the NBA and start rebuilding.
Sympathy? Not me. He played a scorched earth hand, and now looks the fool. His wounds are entirely self inflicted.

Reaction Score
You have Glen Miller to thank for that mud fest. Chief got a lot of criticism about keeping it real about about that dude. Danny Griffin and others may have the ability to take him out too.
Its still hard to believe the Glenn Miller went rogue and wouldn't seek Calhoun's approval before doing so. It is simply stunning how fast things spiraled, especially with how masterful KO was early.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Wait wait wait. According to the Courant, one violation is that he shot hoops with a recruit during a visit?

I have zero sympathy for KO, but that’s a crazy-go-nuts rule, even for the NCAA.

C

Chief00

Its still hard to believe the Glenn Miller went rogue and wouldn't seek Calhoun's approval before doing so. It is simply stunning how fast things spiraled, especially with how masterful KO was early.

I think it was tough for GM living in Storrs after being fired. That created a lot of bitterness and frustration along with a job search that demonstrated that after 30 years in the field he had no productive career network. His colleagues did not think as highly of him as he did about himself. No offers. All this created a backwards looking bitter view that Calhoun tried to rescue him from, while Calhoun was making $400,000 per year from UConn when you include benefits. But, by then the damage was done.

C

Chief00

If Danny Griffin officially makes allegations against GM - that might mess up Calhoun’s plans. Trying to recall if GM had a rat type immunity deal with the NCAA?

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

One can only assume he told his lawyers this too - they would not want to expose him like this - I really pray for the dude.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I think it was tough for GM living in Storrs after being fired. That created a lot of bitterness and frustration along with a job search that demonstrated that after 30 years in the field he had no productive career network. His colleagues did not think as highly of him as he did about himself. No offers. All this created a backwards looking bitter view that Calhoun tried to rescue him from, while Calhoun was making $400,000 per year from UConn when you include benefits. But, by then the damage was done.

Yeah this is false.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom