2025 Recruiting: - Braylon Mullins | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Braylon Mullins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My point is McNeeley is really freaking good and I don't see Stewart getting the 20-30mpg that some here do. I also think Ball is an absolute stud in waiting and he will get some minutes that many have Stewart getting at the 3 in three guard sets.
I see Stewart getting around 20-22 minutes a game. I like Ball, but I see him really at the 2, not as a 3.

Reaction Score
I see Stewart getting around 20-22 minutes a game. I like Ball, but I see him really at the 2, not as a 3.

I would be absolutely shocked if Stew gives us 14-15/gm in 22 minutes. That would one of the best off the bench scoring seasons in NCAA history. For comp purposes, our best instant offense player probably ever was Rashad. And his high was 12.8 off the bench.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I would be absolutely shocked if Stew gives us 14-15/gm in 22 minutes. That would one of the best off the bench scoring seasons in NCAA history. For comp purposes, our best instant offense player probably ever was Rashad. And his high was 12.8 off the bench.
There’s not a lot of 2006 full games to watch online, especially games we win, but when going back to watch he always seemed like the most consistent scorer on the team.

Also crazy to relive how Rudy would straight up disappear in games.

Reaction Score
I think he could score 14-15 ppg (his ceiling) depending on his role. Realistically 12-13 ppg is more likely based on minutes and all of the mouths to feed. I see him as the third most natural scorer the team has going into next year behind Alex and Liam.

Reaction Score
Maybe "mini microwave" John Gwynn's senior year - 24 mpg, 12.5 ppg

Reaction Score
53.5 PPG from last year came from Clingan, Newton, Spencer, and Castle. Liam will undoubtedly be expected to shoulder a good deal of the scoring load. Can Alex raise his PPG average? Sure. But he’s an unselfish player that works within the flow of the offense and doesn’t force things. I can see him going for around 13 PPG to maybe 16 PPG. I can see Liam averaging around the same. I can see Reed and Samson averaging somewhat close to, but maybe slightly below what Clingan and Samson combined for. Who else will step up to pick up slack? Nowell? Ball? Stewart? Aidan? Probably all. But I’m betting on Stewart. There’s a lot more shots to go around, and Stewart plays defense.

Reaction Score
I think he could score 14-15 ppg (his ceiling) depending on his role. Realistically 12-13 ppg is more likely based on minutes and all of the mouths to feed. I see him as the third most natural scorer the team has going into next year behind Alex and Liam.

I just don't get it. I think the kid has talent. I do. But what did he show you last year that gives you the belief he's going to give you 11 more a game? How is he a more "natural scorer" than AK, Liam, Ball, or Aidan? All four of those guys shoot it better, handle it better and have shown they can give you double figures against quality opponents (I know not Liam, but I think most of us expect him to give us 10+/gm). I think your leading scorers will be some order of AK, Liam, Aidan, Diarra, Reed/SJ who I believe will be the starters. Then who I perceive to be the bench guys in Ball, Stew, and Reed/SJ. Tbh, I think Ball is a much more explosive scorer.

awy

Reaction Score
they'll be running plays for alex a lot more this year. i'd expect a decent bump in production. one source of production that's not being considered is playing more of a 5 out lineup with alex at 5 or something like that, then they pump up the pace of play a bit and you get the pretty stats to attract attention.

Reaction Score
I just don't get it. I think the kid has talent. I do. But what did he show you last year that gives you the belief he's going to give you 11 more a game? How is he a more "natural scorer" than AK, Liam, Ball, or Aidan? All four of those guys shoot it better, handle it better and have shown they can give you double figures against quality opponents (I know not Liam, but I think most of us expect him to give us 10+/gm). I think your leading scorers will be some order of AK, Liam, Aidan, Diarra, Reed/SJ who I believe will be the starters. Then who I perceive to be the bench guys in Ball, Stew, and Reed/SJ. Tbh, I think Ball is a much more explosive scorer.
He showed me plenty particularly in big spots in Big East play and in spurts in the postseason. I’m not going to play into your game of talking certain players down or criticizing some of the ones you mentioned. The good news is we won’t have long to wait to find out.

Reaction Score
Tbh, I think Ball is a much more explosive scorer.
I get why you want to be skeptical of Stewart. I think it's dumb and is going to age like milk. But then you throw out a comment like this and I have to respond. You repeatedly push back and question why someone would think Jaylin Stewart who averaged 2.5 points a game in 9 minutes would take a jump, but in the same breath say Solo Ball who averaged 3.3 points in 11 minutes a game will? Acting like one is a proven scorer and one isn't is just bizarre.

It's fine to have favorites, but acting like Ball taking a jump is natural progression and Stewart taking a jump is an insane proposition feels a little disengenuous. It seems pretty reasonable to say they're both gonna improve as sophomores and have big roles

Reaction Score

I too believe the Stewart expectations are a bit high, but at least let's be accurate when you're coming at someone. He specifically says 3rd most natural scorer AFTER Alex and Liam, so he's only saying he's a more natural scorer than Ball and Aidan (of the players you mention).

I think Alex will be around a 15 ppg, but we will have a bunch of dudes in the 8-12 range (Liam, Stewie, Ball, Aidan), and then a few more in the 5-8 range (Hass, Ahmad, Samson, Tarris).

Reaction Score
I too believe the Stewart expectations are a bit high, but at least let's be accurate when you're coming at someone. He specifically says 3rd most natural scorer AFTER Alex and Liam, so he's only saying he's a more natural scorer than Ball and Aidan (of the players you mention).

I think Alex will be around a 15 ppg, but we will have a bunch of dudes in the 8-12 range (Liam, Stewie, Ball, Aidan), and then a few more in the 5-8 range (Hass, Ahmad, Samson, Tarris).
That sounds about right on the scoring for the team.

Reaction Score

I like this take. I see Ball as more of a guard with more competition for minutes with Nowell, Diarra, and Mahaney. Just given that competition, I’m not sure any gets a huge amount of minutes to emerge as a top 3 scoring option. I see Mahaney being asked to do more with ball handling and facilitating, so I’m not seeing him being asked to be a big time scorer yet. I also see Liam having the versatility to play the 2, 3, and potentially 4 in a pinch. Alex will get the most minutes on the team, obviously. But I see Liam getting the second most minutes and Stewart still getting at least 20 minutes. Stewart would likely be the guy spelling Alex 8-10 minutes a game, and I see him playing some 3 on the wing. How you play defense also matters in terms of how much Hurley plays you. I think Stewart showed flashes of being effective on both ends, particularly in the Big East tournament.

Reaction Score
I think when you have a program of this quality/talent level and hardworking culture like Hurley has built, having a roster crunch/minutes allocation problem is actually a good problem because Hurleys track record of development guarantees that the cream will rise to the top and the best talent will make itself known. I love all these players and obviously all want them to get their shine on but I’m very confident the talent that is meant to be playing will sort itself out. This to me is a level of unknown I have never found to be so exciting.

Reaction Score
Think a lot of it is his HS pedigree, and tbh he does move fluidly with the ball for his size so I can see why people point to his potential. He has some dog in him and gets after it on defense. 6'7 talented wings dont come around often.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Might be a hot take, but I think Ball and Stewart are the most natural scorers on the team. Guys like AK is more of a play finisher/ shooter who may progress into more this year but we’ll see.

As far as give them the ball and go get a bucket though it’s Ball and Stewart imo. Whether they actually show that in their production just depends what role they have in the offense.

Liam could also be here but I honestly just haven’t watched enough of him to know whether if he’s an overall scorer or more of an elite shooter/play finisher like AK.

Reaction Score
Think a lot of it is his HS pedigree, and tbh he does move fluidly with the ball for his size so I can see why people point to his potential. He has some dog in him and gets after it on defense. 6'7 talented wings dont come around often.
We may not have beaten St John’s in the Big East semis without him. How soon some have forgotten.

Reaction Score
Aiden will definitely score 12-15

Reaction Score
I get why you want to be skeptical of Stewart. I think it's dumb and is going to age like milk. But then you throw out a comment like this and I have to respond. You repeatedly push back and question why someone would think Jaylin Stewart who averaged 2.5 points a game in 9 minutes would take a jump, but in the same breath say Solo Ball who averaged 3.3 points in 11 minutes a game will? Acting like one is a proven scorer and one isn't is just bizarre.

It's fine to have favorites, but acting like Ball taking a jump is natural progression and Stewart taking a jump is an insane proposition feels a little disengenuous. It seems pretty reasonable to say they're both gonna improve as sophomores and have big roles

I base it on Ball playing around 23/24mpg to start year (due to Castle's injury) and scoring about 7/gm and shooting 40/30. Definitely not Steph Curry But pretty solid for a raw Freshmen over a 14 game sample size. Ball, I think, is a better shooter, has a better handle and is much, much more explosive. That's not a knock on Stewart but props on Ball who I think could be an absolute star. Admittedly, once Castle returned Ball lost all confidence and was pretty much a non-factor. Similar to Jaylin most of the year. But in terms of who, in my mind, is more likely to make a big jump? To me it's Ball because he actually showed something over a consistent period of time. Yes, Stew wasn't going to get the time due to our frontcourt depth. But, I've seen it with Ball.

I think we base Stewart's potential on a two game stretch. Two excellent, completely unexpected games. If we polled prior to the St. Johns and Marquette games who was more likely to and score some points of the bench I'd wager 99% of the board would have said Solo.

I hope I'm 100% wrong. I just am having the hardest time thinking Stew is an early entry candidate this year. I just don't see it yet.

Reaction Score
I base it on Ball playing around 23/24mpg to start year (due to Castle's injury) and scoring about 7/gm and shooting 40/30. Definitely not Steph Curry But pretty solid for a raw Freshmen over a 14 game sample size. Ball, I think, is a better shooter, has a better handle and is much, much more explosive. That's not a knock on Stewart but props on Ball who I think could be an absolute star. Admittedly, once Castle returned Ball lost all confidence and was pretty much a non-factor. Similar to Jaylin most of the year. But in terms of who, in my mind, is more likely to make a big jump? To me it's Ball because he actually showed something over a consistent period of time. Yes, Stew wasn't going to get the time due to our frontcourt depth. But, I've seen it with Ball.

I think we base Stewart's potential on a two game stretch. Two excellent, completely unexpected games. If we polled prior to the St. Johns and Marquette games who was more likely to and score some points of the bench I'd wager 99% of the board would have said Solo.

I hope I'm 100% wrong. I just am having the hardest time thinking Stew is an early entry candidate this year. I just don't see it yet.
I think you are wrong, and it's not even about projecting forward into this year's stats. I think there's some serious revisionist history about Ball. He played 22 minutes in our 9 postseason games, Stewart played 85.

If you were watching UConn games all year nothing Stewart did was unexpected. The only difference was we needed him to score those games. Just like the games Solo went off like against UNC he was ready to step up. They were both more than capable of doing it, they were just playing on the most dominant college basketball team in at least 20 years.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Folks on here are going way overboard on Stew
In which way? I like him. Just don’t think he’s a 1st rounder because of the roster we have this year. Not because of lack of talent though.

Reaction Score
I remember a guy named Jordan Hawkins who averaged a mere 5.8 PPG as a freshman and then increased his average by over 10 points a game during his breakout sophomore season.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I remember a guy named Jordan Hawkins who averaged a mere 5.8 PPG as a freshman and then increased his average by over 10 points a game during his breakout sophomore season.
Stew can do the same thing with Jordan Hawkins role. Not sure as a 6th man though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom