2025 Recruiting: - Braylon Mullins | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Braylon Mullins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i want lewis/mullins/reibe and for stew to come back so we can 4peat. altho maybe reed/bundalo could also work as the new thunder and lightning combo at center.

Nowell/Lewis
Mahaney/Mullins
Ball/Ross
Stew/Abraham
Reed/Reibe
Imo for us to threepeat we need Stewart to emerge as a force, which would likely mean him going into the draft.

Reaction Score
No one hates him, but don’t drop a bomb like “UConn to Big 12 Imminent” to get people’s hopes up and then be totally wrong…
He wasn’t wrong tho these things don’t happen overnight
Ppl hate him for no real reason

Reaction Score
The hate Zanetto gets from certain posters on this board baffles me. Obviously, coming up with daily content is a grind, but for those of us who want a constant UConn fix, what’s the alternative? The bozos on Field of 68?
For me, his self-aggrandizement is too much. He talks about "my fans".......he does not have any fans. Beyond that, he constantly presumes to speak for "UConn fans", as if we are a homogenous bunch of people......its all too much. And then of course the yawns and the constant reading other people's work. Listen, God bless him, he is doing something I would love to do, even as a hobby. But because he purports to represent UConn, in any capacity, I recent the amateur feel of his podcast.

Reaction Score
Imo for us to threepeat we need Stewart to emerge as a force, which would likely mean him going into the draft.
youre probably right but i'm hoping he's the 4th best player on a chip team and returns for his junior year like Alex just did. I know Alex was our 5th best player but we dont have to be as good as last year to win again.

Reaction Score
youre probably right but i'm hoping he's the 4th best player on a chip team and returns for his junior year like Alex just did. I know Alex was our 5th best player but we dont have to be as good as last year to win again.
I’m thinking he will be our third best player this year behind Liam and Alex and go in the first round, though not necessarily in the lottery. Top 20 or 25 in the draft.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Don’t know if this has been posted already but read that Mullins plans to make his decision before his senior season begins.

Also read UConn, UNC, and Indiana matters.

Michigan and Kentucky kinda matters.

Reaction Score
For me, his self-aggrandizement is too much. He talks about "my fans".......he does not have any fans. Beyond that, he constantly presumes to speak for "UConn fans", as if we are a homogenous bunch of people......its all too much. And then of course the yawns and the constant reading other people's work. Listen, God bless him, he is doing something I would love to do, even as a hobby. But because he purports to represent UConn, in any capacity, I recent the amateur feel of his podcast.
especially when he hints to be in the know but also admits he has never even met Hurley

Reaction Score
I’d caveat that Bundalo unlikely to be able to play the 5 defensively. Lean and not particularly tall for a 5 in the traditional sense. Perhaps if Hurley makes a move to more position-less basketball ala Pope as a further adaptation in his euro-centric offense.

Oh I agree... I think depending on who we get that will potentially alter our portal strategy. If we get Bundalo, I'd think we'd look for a big to complement Tarris and Singare. If we get Reibe, we'd look for a more traditional 4 to supplement Stew (I'd be shocked if he goes pro) and Abraham.

Reaction Score
Oh I agree... I think depending on who we get that will potentially alter our portal strategy. If we get Bundalo, I'd think we'd look for a big to complement Tarris and Singare. If we get Reibe, we'd look for a more traditional 4 to supplement Stew (I'd be shocked if he goes pro) and Abraham.
If Stewart stays, which I doubt, I don’t see the 4 as a position of need should he stay and Abraham is here. That would be plenty of quality depth.

JerseyAlum

St. Anthony's Fan; UConn tennis alum
Reaction Score
I don't hate on Zanetto as I feel he represents an aggregate opinion of what he hears from trusted sources. Even his Big 12 talk had that and a day later the story broke big. That said I take what he says with a grain of salt because talking about "how close we are" is kind of entertainment/useless until a player is actually signed. I'm sure IU felt good about Liam until they did not.

Reaction Score
If Stewart stays, which I doubt, I don’t see the 4 as a position of need should he stay and Abraham is here. That would be plenty of quality depth.

If Stew stays, then McNeeley would be gone. That would most likely slot Stew as your primary 3 imo with Ross and three guard sets. So the 4 would be Bundalo/Abraham mix with Stew if we went small. Just my opinion. It's a nice problem to have.

Reaction Score
If Stew stays, then McNeeley would be gone. That would most likely slot Stew as your primary 3 imo with Ross and three guard sets. So the 4 would be Bundalo/Abraham mix with Stew if we went small. Just my opinion. It's a nice problem to have.
McNeeley will be gone in any scenario barring injury. I’m hoping Stewart goes to the league, because I think we will need that kind of season from him to threepeat. I would not be shocked if he scores 14-15 ppg this season.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The hate Zanetto gets from certain posters on this board baffles me. Obviously, coming up with daily content is a grind, but for those of us who want a constant UConn fix, what’s the alternative? The bozos on Field of 68?
To be honest, I actually find the "bozos on the field of 68" to be more watchable. Plus, none of them have ever cost us a P4 slot, so…

Reaction Score
I appreciate Zanetto and the Filed of 68 guys. All bring attention to and info about UConn basketball. Zanetto may be a bit overly ambitious, which dillutes his product, but for an ameteur he does a respectable job. I think we should lighten-up on the criticism.

Reaction Score
I appreciate Zanetto and the Filed of 68 guys. All bring attention to and info about UConn basketball. Zanetto may be a bit overly ambitious, which dillutes his product, but for an ameteur he does a respectable job. I think we should lighten-up on the criticism.
Speaking for myself, I wasn’t criticizing him. I just don’t think anyone should be looking to him for verified recruiting information. Especially when you can just subscribe to storrs central

awy

Reaction Score
he has low signal to noise rate, but there's still some info, mostly through the guests. gotta signal process

Reaction Score
McNeeley will be gone in any scenario barring injury. I’m hoping Stewart goes to the league, because I think we will need that kind of season from him to threepeat. I would not be shocked if he scores 14-15 ppg this season.

My point is McNeeley is really freaking good and I don't see Stewart getting the 20-30mpg that some here do. I also think Ball is an absolute stud in waiting and he will get some minutes that many have Stewart getting at the 3 in three guard sets.

Reaction Score
I think the issue has more to do with the Locked On format than the messenger. It’s all about pushing out a daily podcast regardless of its there’s enough content to actually have any type of quality discussion. I’m a NJ Devils fan and their version of Locked On is just as thin, especially in the long offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom