2025 Recruiting: - Braylon Mullins | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Braylon Mullins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My notes from all the highlights I could fine, 2 AAU games and 2 high school games. Not as much as usual, but I'm tired.

Overall: Looks to me to be around 6’4 to 6’5 and 185-ish. Decent size for his age and position--little bigger than Hawkins at the same age. It’s tough to get a read on him because he’s playing CIAC-level comp in high school and not in the top AAU league. Fair to say he’s an absolutely bananas 3-point shooter, and pretty solid at the rest of the game too. Looks to me like a 2-year guy.

Offense:
  • Known as a shooter and for good reason. While his shot is definitely unconventional (he pushes it with t-rex arms), he makes a TON of deep, contested 3s. Consistently at the 45% range from deep and 80+% at the line. It's the most important skill in the game. And he's absolutely brilliant at it.
  • Limited left hand at the rim, but he can drive left and seems to be working on it strategically. He has a little bit of a straight-line drive, and can drive and dish, but I’d like to see him work a counter in there.
  • Off-ball cutting seems to be a strength, especially from the corners.
  • He does some really stupid jab-jab-jab steps in high school that slows down the game, but all his work in AAU seemed to be with faster decision-making. Hopefully he keeps that up in his senior year, because that’s what he’ll need to do in college.
  • Not a 1v1 breakdown guy, definitely an off-ball guard.
  • Mid-range J doesn’t seem very good, but that’s also not what we look for on our team.
  • Better as a ballhandler than Hawkins at the same stage, but not as good as Castle. That may contextualize his handles a bit.
  • Has some passing reads in his game: moves it on the perimeter, drive and dish, hits ahead well. He will need to expand that.
  • Not a pick and roll ballhandler at all. He basically always either shoots or passes. He’ll need to develop that skillset to get to the league like he wants.
  • Solid athlete. Not on the level of Andre or Solo, but he’s getting the job done. Probably a Ross/Stewart/Liam-level athlete if that helps.
  • Uses a jump stop at the rim like Hurley and co. seem to want in all their recruits.
  • Right hand floater seems pretty effective, but he does resort to it a hair too much instead of pivoting to the rim.
  • Big difference I’m seeing between high school and AAU is his ability to relocate when teammates drive or pass. He got MUCH better at that. It’s a small detail, but makes all the difference on a winning team outside the box score.
  • Catch and shoot footwork for his age is elite off a number of cuts and in transition. A bit to clean up, but compared to his peers he’s superb. Dribble pull-up is coming along but still pretty good.
Defense:
  • Not a ton to see in his high school games because his coach stick him at the front of a 1-2-2 zone most of the game.
  • Effort wasn’t always great… but again, he’s overwhelmingly the best player on the floor so it can be hard to muster up that kind of energy.
  • Not a fundamental rebounder right now, but he doesn’t need to be because he’s just outjumping dudes.
Mullins shooting motion on his threes and ft's looks like Steph to me.

Reaction Score
UConn is the favorite for Mullins? Where are you hearing this. That's awesome if true.

Jake Weingarten thinks UConn is in a great position with Niko Bundalo.
Niko seems to be keeping things very close to the vest, we’ve heard a ton more about Reibe. Would love Lewis-Mullins/Thomas-Bundalo-Reibe as the class.

Reaction Score
UConn is the favorite for Mullins? Where are you hearing this. That's awesome if true.

Jake Weingarten thinks UConn is in a great position with Niko Bundalo.
Jamie Shaw

Attachments

• IMG_0265.jpeg
    IMG_0265.jpeg
    419.1 KB · Views: 579
Reaction Score
Jamie Shaw
@RuffRuff posted that above.

Reaction Score
Not sure who this cat is, but he’s a HOFer on the IU board and sounds pretty confident. Perhaps he’s hiding in the cornfield listening in on the Mullins as they talk on the patio dinner table.

Attachments

• IMG_0108.jpeg
    IMG_0108.jpeg
    591.2 KB · Views: 559
Reaction Score
Not sure who this cat is, but he’s a HOFer on the IU board and sounds pretty confident. Perhaps he’s hiding in the cornfield listening in on the Mullins as they talk on the patio dinner table.
I don’t anyone should be surprised if he picks either UConn or IU

Reaction Score
Just making sure I’m getting this right. IU fans think he’s a lock to IU. Every other source says that’s not true. Some sources say UConn leads. Is that correct?

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t be the first time a player preferred Hurley but went with another program for other reasons.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The staff on the 247 board specifically communicates with Mullins and his family.

Not to say they are getting told these things directly. But they are probably trying to make educated guesses based on their interactions with Indiana red shades on.

awy

Reaction Score
the commuting concern may be legitimate but i'd think that their nba level kid's development should take priority. but if that's how they feel then it is what it is.

Reaction Score

You better get heat for spreading Zanetto!!!

As for commuting - we do go to DePaul, Butler, Xavier and Marquette, all close by. Creighton isn’t too far away either. Not sure what the Indy to Raleigh flight is, but could be fairly easy to get in for the XL games. If the kid wants to be an NBA player, unless drafted by the Pacers, should start getting ready to be away from home.

Reaction Score
You better get heat for spreading Zanetto!!!

As for commuting - we do go to DePaul, Butler, Xavier and Marquette, all close by. Creighton isn’t too far away either. Not sure what the Indy to Raleigh flight is, but could be fairly easy to get in for the XL games. If the kid wants to be an NBA player, unless drafted by the Pacers, should start getting ready to be away from home.
Zanetto doesn’t know anymore than we do. His videos are almost pointless to watch unless he has someone up there with real information. He was wrong about Meleek Thomas being a “lock”. He called Jordan Hawkins “Andre Hawkins”. I wouldn’t take his information too serious

Reaction Score
Go to the Big 10 and play in California and Maryland. Go to UNC and play in San Francisco. I don't know how much the travel stuff really matters nowadays, unless they are super local to Bloomington. Maybe they are. Stew's stepdad and Steph's parents were watching us play all over the country last year. Mullins will be getting enough NIL that plane travel $$$ is whatever.

Reaction Score
Zanetto doesn’t know anymore than we do. His videos are almost pointless to watch unless he has someone up there with real information. He was wrong about Meleek Thomas being a “lock”. He called Jordan Hawkins “Andre Hawkins”. I wouldn’t take his information too serious
The hate Zanetto gets from certain posters on this board baffles me. Obviously, coming up with daily content is a grind, but for those of us who want a constant UConn fix, what’s the alternative? The bozos on Field of 68?

awy

Reaction Score
zanetto does have some sources but his analysis of the sources is lacking. you can usually tell when this happens.

Reaction Score
I swear he comes onto the BY to get 95% of his content, lol. Really needs to not announce the burps and yawns, fine if you do it, just don’t point it out Z Train. TMI. I go from ignoring it to tasting it.

I found his guest yesterday fairly insightful, Weingarten. Need more of that. When he flies solo, he’s usually stating the obvious, campaigning and recycling often. That said, nice guy, well intended, applaud him for his fandom and consistency with the pod.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The hate Zanetto gets from certain posters on this board baffles me. Obviously, coming up with daily content is a grind, but for those of us who want a constant UConn fix, what’s the alternative? The bozos on Field of 68?
It’s not hate. I’ve said the same thing about Torres. These guys don’t have good sources. UConn is tight lipped and do you think Zanetto has a good Braylon Mullins source? lol. The other recruiting info he has given has not been accurate

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
No one hates him, but don’t drop a bomb like “UConn to Big 12 Imminent” to get people’s hopes up and then be totally wrong…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom