2025 Recruiting: - Braylon Mullins | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Braylon Mullins

Status
Not open for further replies.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Agreed … a lot of ppl especially in this form are over critical of him & he never claimed to be an insider… he even said that he’s a bias life long UConn fans not an insider but that some of his connections have grown since doing lock on UConn mind then it’s only almost yr 2 for him so it’s only gonna grow in the future ppl really need to lighten up or just stop listening nobody forcing them
This is his legacy at this point. Can’t drop a whopper and then expect to come back from it immediately. Ever read about the boy who cried wolf?

IMG_8528.jpeg

Reaction Score
Adams and Mullins I think are mutually exclusive because their games seem similar and I can't see both picking UConn. The tea leaves seem to suggest Adams is closer to a decision with his cancel of Alabama. With his Indiana visit in the books, Mullins should also be close but is likely more torn with his options. Its getting close to having this drama play out

Start a new thread about the podcast rather than answer in a Mullins thread

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Adams and Mullins I think are mutually exclusive because their games seem similar and I can't see both picking UConn. The tea leaves seem to suggest Adams is closer to a decision with his cancel of Alabama. With his Indiana visit in the books, Mullins should also be close but is likely more torn with his options. Its getting close to having this drama play out

Start a new thread about the podcast rather than answer in a Mullins thread
I agree this seems to be the look of these recruitments based on everything I’ve read and (tried to) post.

Adams and Bundalo seem very likely to be a part of this class. Close on Lewis and Reibe too and it’s another great one for the staff.

Reaction Score
Thought it might be him. There's still hope.
Only thing to consider here is that Mullins and this kid are friends and have talked to wanting to play together. I doubt that is a major factor in his decision making.

I like our chances - when you put pros/cons down on paper it feels like UConn would heavily outweigh. Anything IU feels emotional (parents close, home state). When you’re dealing with the potential of the NBA and college is only a 1-2 year stop, you go where you can realize that potential. This doesn’t strike me as an emotional decision making family. UConn runs a system ideal for this kid, and Woodson runs a big heavy dated offense. Also the Liam factor that’s hard to ignore.

Reaction Score
So is the potential choice of Mullins or Adams going to be we'll take the first to commit as, based on my reading of the relevant posts, they more or less play the same position?

Reaction Score
So is the potential choice of Mullins or Adams going to be we'll take the first to commit as, based on my reading of the relevant posts, they more or less play the same position?
It certainly does feel like the commitment of one would affect the other. It doesn’t sound like Mullins is in a big hurry to decide.

Reaction Score
Only thing to consider here is that Mullins and this kid are friends and have talked to wanting to play together. I doubt that is a major factor in his decision making.

I like our chances - when you put pros/cons down on paper it feels like UConn would heavily outweigh. Anything IU feels emotional (parents close, home state). When you’re dealing with the potential of the NBA and college is only a 1-2 year stop, you go where you can realize that potential. This doesn’t strike me as an emotional decision making family. UConn runs a system ideal for this kid, and Woodson runs a big heavy dated offense. Also the Liam factor that’s hard to ignore.
The interesting thing here too is Darius Adams. Feels like we are trending for him and he is likely to make a decision before Mullins. Would we take both guys? Would Mullins be dissuaded from UConn if we take Adams? Both are 2/3 types.

Reaction Score
Could argue that Mullins can play more 3 and Adams as a big 2. Adams has a bit more handle in his game and goes to the rim, uses a runner. Mullins is more of the spot up profile. I honestly don’t think any of the 6 remaining profiles are exact likenesses of each other, and can easily play together. If anything I tend to find Thomas and Adams being the most redundant.

Reaction Score
Could argue that Mullins can play more 3 and Adams as a big 2. Adams has a bit more handle in his game and goes to the rim, uses a runner. Mullins is more of the spot up profile. I honestly don’t think any of the 6 remaining profiles are exact likenesses of each other, and can easily play together. If anything I tend to find Thomas and Adams being the most redundant.
Fair. Mullins height and athleticism might well allow him to play some 3.

Reaction Score
They had a bunch of guys visit recently, one of them being Mullins

Mullins is an Indiana kid. He has to give consideration, or the appearance of, to staying home and playing for the state university

Reaction Score
Mullins is an Indiana kid. He has to give consideration, or the appearance of, to staying home and playing for the state university
I have no reason to think he’s not giving IU a fair shot. He seems like a cerebral kid that also wants to see an IU practice in person and compare that to what he’s seeing on other visits.

Reaction Score
I get why you want to be skeptical of Stewart. I think it's dumb and is going to age like milk. But then you throw out a comment like this and I have to respond. You repeatedly push back and question why someone would think Jaylin Stewart who averaged 2.5 points a game in 9 minutes would take a jump, but in the same breath say Solo Ball who averaged 3.3 points in 11 minutes a game will? Acting like one is a proven scorer and one isn't is just bizarre.

It's fine to have favorites, but acting like Ball taking a jump is natural progression and Stewart taking a jump is an insane proposition feels a little disengenuous. It seems pretty reasonable to say they're both gonna improve as sophomores and have big roles
Solo had a nice run as a freshman. He showed more in that run that Stewart did last year. Objectively, Solo is a better shooter and with improved handle, a guy who can create his own offense. Stewart showed a solid defensive presence. And in one game, he was the difference offensively. I don't see NBA next year for either one of this guys. And please note I said NEXT YEAR!!!!

Reaction Score
Agreed … a lot of ppl especially in this form are over critical of him & he never claimed to be an insider… he even said that he’s a bias life long UConn fans not an insider but that some of his connections have grown since doing lock on UConn mind then it’s only almost yr 2 for him so it’s only gonna grow in the future ppl really need to lighten up or just stop listening nobody forcing them
Defend the guy if you wish. But don't lie. He absolutely claims to be an insider. That's the entire premise of the podcast.

Reaction Score
Solo had a nice run as a freshman. He showed more in that run that Stewart did last year. Objectively, Solo is a better shooter and with improved handle, a guy who can create his own offense. Stewart showed a solid defensive presence. And in one game, he was the difference offensively. I don't see NBA next year for either one of this guys. And please note I said NEXT YEAR!!!!
I like Solo a lot, but he needs to get back to driving to the rim and getting the paint more. He seemed too content to hoist up threes and even contested ones later in the year. If his shot selection improves and he uses his handle and quickness advantage over many 2 guards, I think he will show great improvement.

Reaction Score
I like Solo a lot, but he needs to get back to driving to the rim and getting the paint more. He seemed too content to hoist up threes and even contested ones later in the year. If his shot selection improves and he uses his handle and quickness advantage over many 2 guards, I think he will show great improvement.
Spot on but to be fair, I think he was just trying to get his during garbage time. We should see a marked difference this year. Looking forward to it.

Reaction Score
Spot on but to be fair, I think he was just trying to get his during garbage time. We should see a marked difference this year. Looking forward to it.
He’s so athletic I think he can take lots of guys off the dribble, and once he gets in the lane he’s going to get fouled or finish a ton. He’s a specimen and very hard for 2 guards to handle on the move.

Reaction Score
Mullins and Adams play the same position on both ends of the floor. It's one or the other, most likely. Thinking anything less is just wishful thinking.

Reaction Score

Speed and handles isn't going to be his issue on the drive IMO... footwork will be. He didn't really have a natural negative step off the catch. I'm sure he's been working on it this summer. He's not going to be a guy with horizontal ball handling ability, but he can attack with 2-3 dribbles off the catch if he puts in the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom