Brandon Austin to PC | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Brandon Austin to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Any chance Ledo or Dunn decommit? I think they both signed letters of intent and would need to be released, correct? We're screwed at the guard spots next season if Boatright and Napier leave at the end of this season (plus Evans only has this season). I'd be surprised if Napier stays but shocked if Boatright goes as he's nowhere near ready. I'll never understand why kids choose programs that are crowded at their position instead of a program with real needs and playing time available, and that's won three national championships in the player's short lifetime. Oh yeah, and sent 27 players to the NBA.

Reaction Score
Any chance Ledo or Dunn decommit? I think they both signed letters of intent and would need to be released, correct? We're screwed at the guard spots next season if Boatright and Napier leave at the end of this season (plus Evans only has this season). I'd be surprised if Napier stays but shocked if Boatright goes as he's nowhere near ready. I'll never understand why kids choose programs that are crowded at their position instead of a program with real needs and playing time available, and that's won three national championships in the player's short lifetime. Oh yeah, and sent 27 players to the NBA.

Dunn and Ledo are freshman this year.

Reaction Score

Possibly he saw what we see. Unless Boat goes on some incredible shooting run and has dramatic improvement in his game, he doesn't see any playing time at the point. And I wouldn't be to certain about Bazz and the NBA. I wonder what scouts think about his speed. Not quickness but flat out NBA speed.

Reaction Score

Ledo and Dunn were last year's class. They are now PC students.

Reaction Score

Because of NCAA sanctions and the guy who worked that magic is gone. Top recruits don't go to the U for football anymore.

BTW, nice work to the classy poster who knocked EC's medical condition. Karma's a bitch, bro

Reaction Score
Because of NCAA sanctions and the guy who worked that magic is gone. Top recruits don't go to the U for football anymore.

BTW, nice work to the classy poster who knocked EC's medical condition. Karma's a bitch, bro

Bro, eh? I thought you were one of those. What with lack of understanding about many things (UConn's sanctions and when they end, for instance) I couldn't expect much. You'll be learning about Kevin Ollie soon, and how he runs rings around your coaches. Calhoun knows a thing or two about basketball. Just watch.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
A lot of people are killing Manual for perceived inactivity, but I point the finger at JC. I knew he was going to wait until the last minute to leave so that his guy got in. I pray Ollie turns into a great coach, but I could not see committing much to a completely unproven coach. I'd rather take a short term recruiting hit and make sure we have the right guy. I'm loving the victories right now, but the team is playing ugly and this streak can't last. Any JUCO big men we could bring in for next season?

Reaction Score
A lot of people are killing Manual for perceived inactivity, but I point the finger at JC. I knew he was going to wait until the last minute to leave so that his guy got in. I pray Ollie turns into a great coach, but I could not see committing much to a completely unproven coach. I'd rather take a short term recruiting hit and make sure we have the right guy. I'm loving the victories right now, but the team is playing ugly and this streak can't last. Any JUCO big men we could bring in for next season?

And the fact that George Blaney said that Calhoun was going to return until he busted his hip just before the season means nothing to you? Guy broke his hip.

Oh, and the team is not playing ugly. Not at all. They are showing a lot of good ball movement on offense, and they are playing good on the ball defense. They can't rebound and outside shooting is suspect, but that's another story.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Prior to the hip Calhoun had already stated he would announce in September. Even without the accident that is way too late to allow any kind of search. I expect the hip would not have been a major impediment for him. He's made it to Germany and St Thomas. I realize coaching is far more demanding than sitting courtside, but JC is a tenacious and determined man who would find a way to deal with it if he intended to coach.
I haven't researched the box scores, but I suspect the assist to basket ratio is fairly low. There are some moments the offense looks solid to me, but mostly it's either transition or Boat and Napier going 1 on 1.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Dunn and Ledo are freshman this year.
Thanks. I was confused because I saw the box score of one game and didn't see them listed. Are they playing? I expected they'd be lighting it up.

Reaction Score
Thanks. I was confused because I saw the box score of one game and didn't see them listed. Are they playing? I expected they'd be lighting it up.

No prob. Ledo is academically ineligible and won't play for the year. Dunn had shoulder surgery...not sure how long he is out for.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score

Eat it. Take your sorry ass back to the PC board if you don't like it. I don't go over there posting on your sorry-ass board. Yeah I said it, his head looks gross and I can't watch PC on an empty stomach. Shave that *. It would look much better than patches everywhere. How's that, bro??

Reaction Score
I'm probably alone on this, but I'm willing to put our recruiting on hold for a bit. As of right now we're in a soon-to-be horseshit conference, fighting with horsehit programs like PC for recruits that we might have passed on in recent years. Not that Austin is not a top tier talent, but that's not UConn basketball IMO.

With Maryland going to the Big Ten, there's a good chance we'll be back in the ACC shortly. If that happens, it changes our recruiting position substantially, so lets keep the slots open for blue chip recruits, rather than settling now for second tier talent.

Right now, the Ollie-Manuel situation keeps our program in the spotlight in a year when we could easily slip into near-anonymity. When the air clears, and Ollie and his new contract are a feel good story, it's not inconceivable to me that we could get a Fab Five kind of recruiting class.

Let's be patient and save our recruiting slots for just a bit longer. It may be worth the wait.

Reaction Score
Until there is a recruit that says the reason they passed on UConn is because of the KO contract, we cant speculate that is the reason.
Sure we can speculate. It may not be accurate but that has never stopped anyone on the Boneyard in the past.

Reaction Score
Prior to the hip Calhoun had already stated he would announce in September. Even without the accident that is way too late to allow any kind of search. I expect the hip would not have been a major impediment for him. He's made it to Germany and St Thomas. I realize coaching is far more demanding than sitting courtside, but JC is a tenacious and determined man who would find a way to deal with it if he intended to coach.
I haven't researched the box scores, but I suspect the assist to basket ratio is fairly low. There are some moments the offense looks solid to me, but mostly it's either transition or Boat and Napier going 1 on 1.

Calhoun has been saying that for the last 5 years. He says that every year. He said that Dean Smith would announce in sept and so would he. It wasn't the first year he said that. The hip WAS a major impediment. He was getting around with a cane and couldn't stand for long. Blaney said it was the hip that did it. Think how unfair it would be to the players to have a coach who couldn't give his all physically.

I don't agree about the offense.

Reaction Score

Says the who spent a month on UConns scout board pretending he was a UConn fan being an incredible a. What are you, 12?

caw

Reaction Score

Either you are really slow or you are just trying to cause trouble. Different classes, completely, thus different situations completely. How is this so hard to understand? BTW if this were last year, UConn probably wouldn't be going after Austin much at all. He is not as good a PG as Dunn and if he starts over Dunn, well then Dunn's shoulder injury is worse than thought. He is not as good as Ledo, and will only start over him if Ledo is in the NBA or NBDL. He is not as good as Henton. He probably won't be as good as Cotton off the bat. Austin should be a 2-3 year player minimum.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Says the who spent a month on UConns scout board pretending he was a UConn fan being an incredible a. What are you, 12?
Is that the guy? All you can say there is 'issues.'

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yes, let's put recruiting on hold for a year or two. And let's continue to equate a two year contract (including buy-out) for a guy who is praised universally by everyone with a long-term commitment to a coach that sucks. And let's blame any negative effects of that course on the guy who built the program from a perennial doormat to a top-five school.

geniuses on this board I tell ya.

Can't wait for tip-off so you can all complain about how much we suck again.

Reaction Score
Is that the guy? All you can say there is 'issues.'

He was one of a few who did it after the move to this board. The PC board thought it was great.

Reaction Score
I would describe this as a cavalier attitude. At one point, Jay Wright was a hot commodity. Bruce Weber. That guy at Cal who nabbed Jamal Sampson. There are a lot of coaches who sink from lack of talent and never break the surface again/ It's too damn cavalier an attitude to say we can wait and not stock the roster with players.

It's not being cavalier. I just think a Bill Guthridge situation does a lot more damage than waiting until the end of the season and making a great hire. If Manuel thinks Ollie stinks, and can land Shaka Smart, I won't be complaining.

Again, that's not to say I don't like Ollie. I just don't think Ollie should get the job just because Calhoun retired late. I have no problem with Manuel making an informed decision with all options available.

Reaction Score
It's not being cavalier. I just think a Bill Guthridge situation does a lot more damage than waiting until the end of the season and making a great hire. If Manuel thinks Ollie stinks, and can land Shaka Smart, I won't be complaining.

Again, that's not to say I don't like Ollie. I just don't think Ollie should get the job just because Calhoun retired late. I have no problem with Manuel making an informed decision with all options available.

Me, I'd rather trust Calhoun's knowledge of basketball. Guthridge situation's are not the only bad ones. There are Gillespie situations as well. Lots of new coaches get hired and can't cut it. Plus, with Ollie you have the legacy situation. The former UConn NBAers are livid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom