Brandon Austin could decide this week-Zags | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Brandon Austin could decide this week-Zags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Let's not kid ourselves. Rick Ledo would play for every school in the country if he were eligible. Dunn is really good too.

Whose minutes would they take in our backcourt? It wouldn't be Boatright or Shabazz, and I seriously doubt they'd be above Omar. Best case, you're looking at 5-10 minutes in RJ Evans' role.

Reaction Score
Whose minutes would they take in our backcourt? It wouldn't be Boatright or Shabazz, and I seriously doubt they'd be above Omar. Best case, you're looking at 5-10 minutes in RJ Evans' role.

You're making us look bad here. There are far easier ways to make fun of Providence. Saying Ricky Ledo wouldn't play for us is just false.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I hope we get Brandon. I believe the same as others. He might delay his announcement to see how KO does and to see if he gets an extended contract. That would be the intelligent way to approach this.

BTW - its great to flame against PC but they and all the remaining BE schools are important for UConn's future. Save the rhetoric for the BE traitors.

caw

Reaction Score

I said it was implied he wasn't and I said as much.

I'm not sold on Ledo being UConn's best player the minute he ties his shoes (which isn't a knock to his game, as much as it is a testament to my belief in Boatright's ability), though he would likely start at the 3.

caw

Reaction Score
BTW, good luck versus UMass, I hope PC beats the snot out of them. Just have Cooley send a ballboy into the UMass lockerroom to stitch Conn over the Mass and PC's players may get confused enough to play their best game of the year.:p

Seriously, good luck this year. I do actually like Cooley and think he has a good future, I just think he's pretty unproven.

Reaction Score
for whatever its worth in Amore's chat he thinks they get Austin

caw

Reaction Score

Come on, glorified pick-up ball and select highlights. No doubt he is talented but until he plays college ball or NBA, he's unproven and unknown. Also, it's John Wall...one of the most overhyped PG's out there.

Reaction Score
Umass needed a last second 3 point prayer from a player that never takes them to beat Harvard who lost their top 4 players from last year!

Reaction Score

the issue there wasnt whether or not he could coach, the administration at GW decided to adopt a much more strict admittance policy in regards to athletes (as well as regular students), leaving him with alot smaller talent pool to work with.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen Ledo, but, as an example, Deandre Daniels was the #10 recruit in the nation. He looked great on tape, like Ledo. My point is not everybody, ranked high will make an instant impact in college, let alone the BE.
Daniels is much better in his soph season. Nobody knows how Ledo will fare next year, especially after missing a year.

Reaction Score
Why does every PC-related thread turn into a 10-page pissing match? Do people still care about an irrelevant program that much?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Reaction Score
Rico and Yonick, Ricky Ledo is one of the most talented offensive players to come out of high school in the last few years. I think he was a top 5 player in the class of 2012, but he bounced around a lot so he flew under the radar a little bit.

To say he wouldn't play ahead of Omar Calhoun is asinine.

Reaction Score
Anyone who has seen Ledo play in person would laugh out loud at the notion that he couldn't start anywhere in the country. And the experts ranked Kris Dunn ahead of OC for what its worth. I guess we can judge for ourselves in a few weeks.

Reaction Score
Dunn couldn't shoot it into the ocean from outside 15 ft last year. Great attacker, and lots of potential if he works at his shot.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I haven't seen Ledo play much so I could very well be wrong, but when did he turn into the best freshman in the country? I must be underrating him, I thought he was a very good prospect but not clearly above Calhoun, who has been called one of the best freshman right now by a number of recruiting writers. If he is head and shoulders above Calhoun to the point where it's laughable, then I'm wrong here, but you're not convincing me he starts over Shabazz or Boatright.

My point with Austin is, he would likely be our 4th guard, so he wouldn't see very many minutes. Obviously if Ledo is as good as everyone here says, he's going into the draft after this year, so Austin will have plenty of playing time at Providence. That makes a big difference in where a prospect chooses to go.

caw

Reaction Score
Anyone who has seen Ledo play in person would laugh out loud at the notion that he couldn't start anywhere in the country. And the experts ranked Kris Dunn ahead of OC for what its worth. I guess we can judge for ourselves in a few weeks.

Regarding Dunn/OC. Different positions and so closely ranked it was negligible.

Ledo probably wouldn't start anywhere in the country, but he would start most places, likely at UConn at the 3.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
the issue there wasnt whether or not he could coach, the administration at GW decided to adopt a much more strict admittance policy in regards to athletes (as well as regular students), leaving him with alot smaller talent pool to work with.
Saw you posting in the Don Amore chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc