Brandon Austin could decide this week-Zags | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Brandon Austin could decide this week-Zags

Status
Not open for further replies.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
Why would anyone want to play at PC these days? 1 NCAA tournament bid since 2003-2004 (UConn 2 NCs, 3 F4s). They have two NBA players in the league right now (Marshon Brooks, who can actually fill it up, and Ryan Gomes, we all know that story), while UConn has a dozen. And don't get me started on the PC broads...

Reaction Score
I like your girlfriend in the avatar pic...does she like to roll, roll, roll in ze hay?
The photo is very old and she now goes 240 lbs. on the hoof, is missing half her teeth (could be a good thing) and looks like the back of a station wagon with all the doors open. She would love to get her mitts on a young whipper snapper like you.

Reaction Score
Now that I think about it they must be talking about 4* Tyler Roberson out of Jersey.

That's who they are talking about.

From Jeff Borzello of CBSSports: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...cruiting/20974335/early-signing-day-live-blog

As you mentioned, it's between Providence and Connecticut for Austin. Georgetown and some other schools have fallen out of consideration, while Texas has too much ground to make up on the Big East schools. The former Penn State commit is likely to decide in the coming weeks, and I think the Huskies might edge out the Friars. Austin likes Kevin Ollie, and Connecticut has plenty of momentum with its impressive start to the college season. Could that momentum carry over with Austin?

Reaction Score
That scout report is strange. Nova, Quse? I had not heard they were even in the running let alone his two final schools.

Reaction Score
That's who they are talking about.

From Jeff Borzello of CBSSports: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...cruiting/20974335/early-signing-day-live-blog

As you mentioned, it's between Providence and Connecticut for Austin. Georgetown and some other schools have fallen out of consideration, while Texas has too much ground to make up on the Big East schools. The former Penn State commit is likely to decide in the coming weeks, and I think the Huskies might edge out the Friars. Austin likes Kevin Ollie, and Connecticut has plenty of momentum with its impressive start to the college season. Could that momentum carry over with Austin?

haha - i was the one who asked him that on twitter... hopefully his prediction is correct

Reaction Score
haha - i was the one who asked him that on twitter... hopefully his prediction is correct
How can scout (pe-toowey!) suggest that it is down to two totally different schools? So wacky.

Reaction Score
@Coast2CoastHoop: According to his AAU coach, 2013 Imhotep Charter (PA) guard Brandon Austin won't commit and sign today.

Reaction Score
Someone should tell Mr. Austin the saga of Billy Curley.
I bet he wishes he came to UCONN instaed of changing his mind and going to BCU.

If you get an offer from UCONN and PC take the team that has 3 NC and a coach who played in the league for 13 years and run(the stairs).

Reaction Score
The longer he waits the better our chances because with each passing game UConn is one step closer to locking up Ollie long term

Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me what the big hype is with Providence? I understand the Cooley has been positive so far, but nothing about Providence seems spectacular. Program hasn't been to the NCAAs since 03-04 (and only four times in the past twenty years) . Ledo and Dunn are both great recruits, but Ledo is from Providence and Dunn is from just over the border... applaud them for getting those guys but its not like they got two top twenty players from Chicago and Phoenix. Anyway, Ledo is not eligible and Dunn is out til around January. Now I understand UConn has some baggage, but I can't see how Providence could ever be more attractive. With JC leaving and the NCAA ban, sure it can be scary, but that ban is only one year so incoming freshmen won't even be affected by it, we have a better roster (assuming Shabazz and/or Boat don't declare, which I don't think either will), we have a better fan base, and we are working to build a new practice facility. UConn is still UConn and Providence is still Providence. It's not like if he comes he's going to struggle for playing time (something one of our recruits might usually fear), he'd probably at least get a pretty good shot at playing right away.

Reaction Score
Ed Cooley is in his eighth season as a division 1 head coach, and never made the NCAA tournament. If a kid wants to play for someone with that track record go right ahead.

Reaction Score
Ed Cooley is in his eighth season as a division 1 head coach, and never made the NCAA tournament. If a kid wants to play for someone with that track record go right ahead.
And yet he beat UConn out for Dunn, Ledo and An assistant coach no one thought would leave. EC can close!!!

Reaction Score
And yet he beat UConn out for Dunn, Ledo and An assistant coach no one thought would leave. EC can close!!!

Can't believe it took you this long..........

Not to sure how hard UConn went after Dunn and I am sure with Ledo's history they had little interest despite his ability..........They were PC's to win.......Andre's a good coach but the writing was on the wall there too.......

Now Austin is someone they both want so this one would be a great win for PC let's see how it plays out...........Try not to lose to UMess ok?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Dunn and Ledo wouldn't have seen the floor for us this year.

People keep asking why these kids would choose to go to Providence over Uconn...playing time is an enormous factor, and when you have a crappy team, you usually have plenty of it to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashfan

Top Bottom