OT: - Brad Stevens Resigns and becomes GM/Ainge Resigning - Potential New Cs HC? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Brad Stevens Resigns and becomes GM/Ainge Resigning - Potential New Cs HC?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Players run the teams, not coaches. Except for maybe a few teams (San Antonio, Utah come to mind). You think a well established college coach is going to tell Russell Westbrook to stop taking bad shots and stealing rebounds? The game is full of ego and that’s nearly impossible to coach.

Celtics need diversity? No they just need players to score and stay healthy. Miss me with that diversity needed to win crap.

Your first paragraph is why I think Brad moved to the front office.

Your second is true. Boston just needs to win. Period. But they are ina. Spot where their Max players are so young they can afford a short step back if it’s good for the long term.

Reaction Score
Players run the teams, not coaches. Except for maybe a few teams (San Antonio, Utah come to mind). You think a well established college coach is going to tell Russell Westbrook to stop taking bad shots and stealing rebounds? The game is full of ego and that’s nearly impossible to coach.

Celtics need diversity? No they just need players to score and stay healthy. Miss me with that diversity needed to win crap.
You inadvertently hit the nail on the head. For players (and most humans btw) to listen they also need to feel heard. Much as I disliked Kyrie's unprovoked shot, Ainge took the bait and reacted poorly by saying he'd never seen racism in his 18yrs - that was simply not true and glossing over problems does not work or eventually bites you on the ar$3.

You cannot put your head in the sand and then complain about others not listening.

Reaction Score
You inadvertently hit the nail on the head. For players (and most humans btw) to listen they also need to feel heard. Much as I disliked Kyrie's unprovoked shot, Ainge took the bait and reacted poorly by saying he'd never seen racism in his 18yrs - that was simply not true and glossing over problems does not work or eventually bites you on the ar$3.

You cannot put your head in the sand and then complain about others not listening.
I missed those comments by Ainge, wow. That's a bad look for him.

Reaction Score
Jerome Allen is gonna get this job.

Separately, this is easily one of the best examples of 'failing upward' I've seen in professional sports. Brian Cashman's tenure as Yankees' GM, Dave Gettleman's tenure as NY Giants' GM and Jeff Bridich's Rockies tenure are some of the others.

Reaction Score
Jerome Allen is gonna get this job.

Separately, this is easily one of the best examples of 'failing upward' I've seen in professional sports. Brian Cashman's tenure as Yankees' GM, Dave Gettleman's tenure as NY Giants' GM and Jeff Bridich's Rockies tenure are some of the others.
I don't know the latter two guys. Stevens was very good every year but this past one, I don't think we can call that a fail.
It might be an example of Ainge/ownership fail in giving Stevens that big contract, TBD. Clearly if they didn't Stevens would have jumped to coach Indiana or gforbid ... Duke. The latter so distasteful I might promote him again just to avoid thinking about it.

the Q

Reaction Score
I don't know the latter two guys. Stevens was very good every year but this past one, I don't think we can call that a fail.
It might be an example of Ainge/ownership fail in giving Stevens that big contract, TBD. Clearly if they didn't Stevens would have jumped to coach Indiana or gforbid ... Duke. The latter so distasteful I might promote him again just to avoid thinking about it.

not making a big all in move was dannys bug mistake. Instead we have grant, Edwards, Romeo and a few dumped contracts.

I’d say he mismanaged the hayward situation if the Indiana rumor is true.

the Q

Reaction Score
If they don’t get Carlisle it is a failure

Reaction Score
If they don’t get Carlisle it is a failure

YES. He is the new runaway candidate.

He's only 61 so I doubt he's leaving the profession for good. He still has 5 or 6 years in his tanks minimum.

He's the coach that can get this group to the finals.

the Q

Reaction Score

He's only 61 so I doubt he's leaving the profession for good. He still has 5 or 6 years in his tanks minimum.

Load him up with some analytically inclined coaches and let this team rip.

Reaction Score
Load him up with some analytically inclined coaches and let this team rip.

Yup. Also like that he has the clout to hold the talented young guys accountable. Sometimes Smart and Tatum (and others) need a reality check.

We're past the let the young guys play phase with Brad. It's time to win

the Q

Reaction Score
Yup. Also like that he has the clout to hold the talented young guys accountable. Sometimes Smart and Tatum (and others) need a reality check.

We're past the let the young guys play phase with Brad. It's time to win
Really curious to see what Brad does wih Kemba.

it sounds like he wants to get bigger. So Kemba probably gone.

Reaction Score
Really curious to see what Brad does wih Kemba.

it sounds like he wants to get bigger. So Kemba probably gone.

No inside info here, but I just have a feeling Kemba has one more year in Boston. Maybe they try to develop Pritchard into that bigger point guard this year, and try to use Kemba this year while protecting his knee to maximize his value going forward.

Reaction Score

He's not leaving, he said:
"Dallas will always be home, but I am excited about the next chapter of my coaching career,"

Get him.

Reaction Score

Apparently hiring Brad wasn’t the best move

This is an awful trade

Seems like the celtics just wanted to dump his contract. I think OKC made out on this deal especially with the first round pick.

the Q

Reaction Score
Seems like the celtics just wanted to dump his contract. I think OKC made out on this deal especially with the first round pick.

That pick is as valuable as the Celtics last two picks where they got Romeo and nes.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That pick is as valuable as the Celtics last two picks where they got Romeo and nes.

I think Nesmith is going to be very good. We know he can shoot and he's a + defender. Just takes time. I don't see Langford working out. I hate giving up the pick, but Al plugs into that 4 spot we knew they needed to fill to shift Tatum to 3 and Brown to 2. I expect they will bring the Israeli PG in.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Just saw this

the Q

Reaction Score
Just saw this

Idiots.

They deserve Tatum and brown demanding out with the clown car show they’ve put out the last few years

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Idiots.

They deserve Tatum and brown demanding out with the clown car show they’ve put out the last few years

More details. I get why they'd want a younger former player. I honestly don't think they want a 61 year old white guy, or any white guy.

the Q

Reaction Score
More details. I get why they'd want a younger former player. I honestly don't think they want a 61 year old white guy, or any white guy.

There’s a word for the Attitude your describing, and it’s not even stupidity (although that also fits)…

Reaction Score
More details. I get why they'd want a younger former player. I honestly don't think they want a 61 year old white guy, or any white guy

I really would prefer someone other than Billups. Sure, he's famous... but he's been an assistant coach for ONE YEAR. I just can't trust a guy with that resume to lead a team to the finals like Boston wants.

I like both Udoka and Ham.

the Q

Reaction Score
I really would prefer someone other than Billups. Sure, he's famous... but he's been an assistant coach for ONE YEAR. I just can't trust a guy with that resume to lead a team to the finals like Boston wants.

I like both Udoka and Ham.

Ham is in my top 5.

I also wouldn’t hate cassell..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger