Bouknight to UConn | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Bouknight to UConn

Reaction Score
Love how he never seems rushed even in traffic. It's a beautiful game.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
now come on, you can't just do that to us
Well, connecting the dots, the "great talent" we are linked with are Gaffney, Kofi, Akok, Precious, Wahab, Mitchell, Samuel. I'm assuming that is the mix being referred to.

And I'll take any 4 of those.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Thanks but no thanks - you can keep that trophy. UConn MBB has never been about participation trophies. It’s been about toughness, brotherhood and winning.

Sounds like you need to start holding yourself to the UConn MBB standard then!

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
Another big thing in my opinion is that Wong is for all intents and purposes a SG. He still needs to learn how to be a PG. He’s better around the rim and has proven he can be the go to scorer for his team, but he hasn’t proved he can make plays for others.

I know Gaffney’s score first mentality has been a knock on him too, but he had nice assist tallies on the UA circuit this year and led the NBA Top 100 camp in assists, so forgive me if I call that knock a little outdated. The kid is a true PG now, especially by today’s standards.
If he sounds this good, why isn’t he ranked anywhere? Is it because of lack of exposure or size? He’s underrated for sure but what’s holding him back?

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
What do you mean? He’s top 100 on ESPN and a 4* on 247.
Oh my bad. Well, he’s a 3 star on 247. I didn’t see the update on ESPN. Also, he seems to be friends with Quinones

Reaction Score
Oh my bad. Well, he’s a 3 star on 247. I didn’t see the update on ESPN. Also, he seems to be friends with Quinones
That’s the composite ranking which factors the Rivals no rank in. 247’s specific ranks have him 133rd and a 4 star.
D513A711-84A8-4792-87E0-2320401CBA33.png

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
He's 78 nationally and would be higher had it not been for the torn meniscus. He has more NBA upside than several ahead of him. Really good player who will get better.
Not Bouknight. He’s great. I’m talking Gaffney

Reaction Score
Not Bouknight. He’s great. I’m talking Gaffney
My bad, realized right as I posted. Gaffney is really underrated. I think it's a combo of him playing on a stacked team where he deferred, having a slight build (although getting a little stronger,) and being viewed more as an undersized scorer than a point. Trust me, we want this kid.

Reaction Score
We are in really really good shape with some great talent. Hearing Hurley and staff is killing it

Music to my ears. I can just feel the program coming back. It's so much fun being a UConn fan again, riding the rising momentum, considering our return to the basketball elites. Not so much fun coming down. Thankfully we are moving past the troubles which befell us the last couple of years, decisively on our way back to a being a basketball powerhouse. Confidence is back!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom