Bouknight debuts | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Bouknight debuts

Reaction Score
He's now averaging 6 pts and 3rpg.

Last year he averaged 13 points and 7 rebounds over a full season. I think that's far more indicative of his abilities than a small sample from this season.

Reaction Score
Last year he averaged 13 points and 7 rebounds over a full season. I think that's far more indicative of his abilities than a small sample from this season.
It is the just the start of the season but he has already played 5 games.

Reaction Score
It is the just the start of the season but he has already played 5 games.

He averaged 13 and 7 over a full 32 game season. When was our last guy to do that?

Reaction Score
Vance is playing Sid Wilson’s position. Anyone not making that trade?
I believe he’s playing Akok’s position since he’s their starting 4 but he and Sid have about the same stats this season though VJ is getting more minutes.

Reaction Score
I believe he’s playing Akok’s position since he’s their starting 4 but he and Sid have about the same stats this season though VJ is getting more minutes.

Sid Wilson scored 120 points all last season. Vance Jackson scored 416 last season in addition to 7 rebounds per game. Your comparisons simply are not valid as your sample sizes for this season are far too small.

For example, Vital is averaging 9 rebounds through the first 3 games. There is no way that is sustainable. To compare stats after 3 or 5 games is essentially meaningless with over 80% of the season left to play.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Sid Wilson scored 120 points all last season. Vance Jackson scored 416 last season in addition to 7 rebounds per game. Your comparisons simply are not valid as your sample sizes for this season are far too small.

Haven't seen Vance play recently, but I'd have to check that defense before I made a call. If he can't play D, or is slow afoot, he'd stay on the pine here anyway.

Sid is far from perfect on D, but bare minimum, he provides some shot blocking and athleticism.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Subsequent events showed Jackson to be a victim of a smear campaign that ought not to be perpetuated.

While not wrong, his dad was a well known pain in the arse. I don't hold that against the kid.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
While not wrong, his dad was a well known pain in the arse. I don't hold that against the kid.
At the end of the day, what did his dad say that was incorrect? Wasn't he the canary in the coal mine?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
At the end of the day, what did his dad say that was incorrect? Wasn't he the canary in the coal mine?
Mmm early on he was all about why his kid should get more playing time. That's not a good look.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

He def pushed to get Vance more shots and be the focal point. That's not needed.

Reaction Score
Brendan Adams is the logical choice to lose minutes.. I like his size and defensive ability, and I'm guessing DH likes him for those reasons, but he isn't a top tier D1 offensive player. JB is, or will be soon. I'm more optimistic about this team after Florida than i was last year after Syracuse, even though last year's brought me pure joy..
I think some of JB's minutes will come from AG and CV. Both of those guys have been playing too many minutes. The added depth from JB will give them each a bit more rest during games. When one of them is out, our scoring options drop. Subbing JB will allow us to have another scorer in the game. Hopefully not too many of his minutes come from guys that need the game time to develop - Sid, Gaffney, Adams, Akok.

Reaction Score
Vance is playing Sid Wilson’s position. Anyone not making that trade?
Id probably take Vance over Sid despite his slow cinderblock feet. But as a student during VJ's time, he did have an affinity for the weekend frat party lmaoo

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Mmm early on he was all about why his kid should get more playing time. That's not a good look.
Yeah, that wasn't good. "Get in the gym" still dominates my Vance thoughts.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah, that wasn't good. "Get in the gym" still dominates my Vance thoughts.
I posted at the time that it sounded like a snarky reply to a kid with an inflated opinion of himself who probably was getting on Ollie nerves at the time. On the other hand, when he actually had an off-season planned for kids it ended up breaking a half dozen NCAA rules. I have to feel like there must be a happy medium somewhere between the two.

evmore

FRIENDOftheprogram
Reaction Score
I would think they first come out of Adams' PT but there are plenty of other options for losing minutes based on foul trouble, injuries, match ups, whatever.

I think somewhere around 15 minutes for his first few games and getting somewhere around 20-22 per game by seasons end. Unlike the past few years, there are 7-8 legit D1 players who can play on this team. If he is getting more minutes than that, it's good for us fans and great for the team.
I feel like an idiot now for my BA take. He seems to have become a completely different player, but it's probably more likely he lacked confidence. I'll take this BA all day!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom