Bouknight debuts | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Bouknight debuts

Reaction Score
Anyone know if the school is going to sanction him? (Or perhaps they already have.)
i think he got a fair punishment. it's time to place up the sneakers and let him play

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
he will be playing Thursday night. I don't think he will get tons of minutes but just enough to get his feet wet.
I think it’s totally dependent on how the team looks early. If we’re having trouble making shots he definitely plays him extended minutes. A lineup with CV, Bouk and Polley on the floor together intrigues me. That lineup can really shoot and spread the floor opening passing lanes for Carlton or dribble penetration.

Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to seeing him play, without getting too ahead of myself. This video link below is against high school competition but if he can add some offense that would be great. He seems to be able to shoot the three, has a mid-range game and takes it to the basket.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to seeing him play, without getting too ahead of myself. This video link below is against high school competition but if he can add some offense that would be great. He seems to be able to shoot the three, has a mid-range game and takes it to the basket.

His shot is WATER I'm so jacked

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Xavier beat Missouri State at home by 3 and needed OT to beat Mizzou at home. Would be a great and doable opportunity to get another win against a ranked team but have to beat Buffalo. Wouldn't totally surprise me if we face Towson. They almost beat Florida at Florida.
I forgot who played against Florida. Yes I watched that game. After that game I was confident that our pups would be Florida. Sad (which I new) Florida got kicked to the curb from the T25. That was a hell of a drop from 15 to the basement. They should of dropped to 20. However, I wonder if the voters took into account that Townson almost beat them and then we beat them. If the5 gave Townson a beating they may have stayed in the Top 25. Changing the subject, Kentucky is having a hard time winning.

Reaction Score
If there's any silver lining in Bouk's suspension, it looks like Alterique has already jumped out to an early lead as this season's whipping boy, so Bouk may get a little grace period.
The Yard stopped this behavior a long, long time ago. I believe not seen since the days of Jalen Adams.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I forgot who played against Florida. Yes I watched that game. After that game I was confident that our pups would be Florida. Sad (which I new) Florida got kicked to the curb from the T25. That was a hell of a drop from 15 to the basement. They should of dropped to 20. However, I wonder if the voters took into account that Townson almost beat them and then we beat them. If the5 gave Townson a beating they may have stayed in the Top 25. Changing the subject, Kentucky is having a hard time winning.
They shouldn’t be in the top 25, they’ve lost to 2 games already, to 2 unranked opponents even. There’s not one 2 loss team in the top 25 right now, and most of the 1 loss teams had losses to ranked teams, except for Kentucky.

That being said, Florida will get their act together. Way too much talent on that team not to. This will be a big win for UConn if we’re on the bubble and the voters see them beating a 10 ranked Florida team (yes I projected 10 to end the season)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
They shouldn’t be in the top 25, they’ve lost to 2 games already, to 2 unranked opponents even. There’s not one 2 loss team in the top 25 right now, and most of the 1 loss teams had losses to ranked teams, except for Kentucky.

That being said, Florida will get their act together. Way too much talent on that team not to. This will be a big win for UConn if we’re on the bubble and the voters see them beating a 10 ranked Florida team (yes I projected 10 to end the season)

I don't see them being great this year. They are all freshman and sophomore besides Blackshear. And it's not all 1 and done guys.

They'll probably be dangerous at the end of the year, but they'll take a lot of losses (at least 10) along the way that will keep them way out of Top 10, most likely a bubble Top 25 team.

Reaction Score
I don't see them being great this year. They are all freshman and sophomore besides Blackshear. And it's not all 1 and done guys.

They'll probably be dangerous at the end of the year, but they'll take a lot of losses (at least 10) along the way that will keep them way out of Top 10, most likely a bubble Top 25 team.

All freshman and sophomores, but Nembhardt, Blackshear and Scottie Lewis form a really good big 3. And they have the supporting cast.

let’s not forget that people were thinking this was a national championship contender before the season began. Blackshear has a shot to be national player of the year too

Reaction Score
Bouknight is very smooth, reminds me of Aubrey Dawkins but I think he has a higher ceiling than that. Love that he can get to the rim at will and also has a sweet 15 foot pull up. It wouldn’t shock me if he ends up averaging 14-15 ppg this year. He’ll hopefully make the whole team better.

Reaction Score
Bouknight is very smooth, reminds me of Aubrey Dawkins but I think he has a higher ceiling than that. Love that he can get to the rim at will and also has a sweet 15 foot pull up. It wouldn’t shock me if he ends up averaging 14-15 ppg this year. He’ll hopefully make the whole team better.

Love the enthusiasm, but given the missed games I am looking at him averaging more like 8 to 10 points this year. I would be thrilled though if you are right.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
let’s not forget that people were thinking this was a national championship contender before the season began. Blackshear has a shot to be national player of the year too

MCBB analysts are almost universally idiots tho.

Reaction Score
I really think people are going to see that Bouk is our most poised offensive player. Even when he’s not scoring he’s going to be creating opportunities for other guys.

Reaction Score
Well, would love to see Bouk come in and be a 14pt scorer. But when has UConn had that from a freshman? Hope he plays with confidence and kept himself in shape. We will need him to contribute for this tournament. Also need his running mate, Gaffney, to contribute more than walking ball up the court.

Reaction Score
Love the enthusiasm, but given the missed games I am looking at him averaging more like 8 to 10 points this year. I would be thrilled though if you are right.
Not sure what you’re basing this on, but I’ve been to about 12 or 13 practices this year and Bouk is by far the most talented offensive weapon we have on the team. If he isn’t the leading scorer by the end of the year he’ll be damn close.

Reaction Score

Anybody else see similarities to Jeremy Lamb in his body type and game? Similar height, long, athletic, smooth. Good shooter.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Anybody else see similarities to Jeremy Lamb in his body type and game? Similar height, long, athletic, smooth. Good shooter.

Pretty much everybody. Hence the optimism.

He's a freshman, he will have some off games, and he'll have games where he just goes off on the other team. One of the underrated keys to adding him to the lineup is less minutes for several others. AG, Vital, Sid, Adams, Polley. To play D the way we want to, that will really help. He should also combine with Polley and CV to make teams hesitate to keep doubling Carlton the way they have so far.

Reaction Score
Not sure what you’re basing this on, but I’ve been to about 12 or 13 practices this year and Bouk is by far the most talented offensive weapon we have on the team. If he isn’t the leading scorer by the end of the year he’ll be damn close.

I love the kid's game. My favorite player before he ever set foot on campus, most exciting recruit in a long, long time. The sky is the limit with this kid.

My estimate of 8 to 10 points per game is due to the fact that he is a freshman who missed the first three games. I hope you are right, I am just conservative. Even HOF Ray Allen only averaged 12.6 as a freshman.

I know UConn would have beaten St. Joe's if Bouknight was available. So in closing, I believe Bouknight will be an impact player from the get go. But I think 15ish ppg might be a bit much to expect. However, I would think more like 17-20 ppg as a Soph though.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom