Bouknight debuts | The Boneyard

Bouknight debuts

Reaction Score
Great win today. Wasn’t pretty but the intensity was there and Josh got angry in the second half. Off to Charleston with Bouk able to suit up. I’m expecting big things but what’s realistic with this kid? We definitely need a pure scorer and it sounds like he could be what the doctor ordered. Very important we come back from this trip 2-1 at a minimum to leave us at 4-2 at worse. We can’t start out 2-4 or 3-3 and expect to be a tourney team.

Reaction Score
We need to beat Buffalo by double digits and then play our hearts out against Xavier. A good performance vs Buffalo should roll this team through the tournament. I’d take a strong performance against a ranked team in Xavier and if we make it to the championship and it’s Florida, we should be able to have their number again if we can shoot the ball

Reaction Score
It sounds to me like Hurley has been waiting for this moment and is so pumped to be 2-1 after losing to St. Joe's. I know it's not game experience, but he's been playing every day in practice with these guys and probably one of the better players out there. Aside from some first game jitters from Bouk, I see him jumping right in to about 15-20 minutes in his first game back.

Reaction Score
If I had to take a guess from all that I have heard, Bouknight seems to have the swagger and the mental intensity to be just what we need coming off the bench. Not sure if he will be starting in March given Christians hot hand but practice video shows he’s def less passive then Akok.
Ps. With this said I loved Akok’s nice baseline move that did not fall. Even if he doesn’t take the shot this opens the floor and adds another dimension to us.

Reaction Score
For Bouk, his mentality should be to just attack attack attack until he gets that first bucket. Much like a HR hitter would want to get that first HR of the season. Get it out of the way and then let the game come to you. I’m sure he’s feeling the pressure of the off the court headlines, so the sooner he gets that first bucket the quicker he can put those mistakes behind him and focus on just playing the game he loves. Rooting for this kid.

Reaction Score
We need to beat Buffalo by double digits and then play our hearts out against Xavier. A good performance vs Buffalo should roll this team through the tournament. I’d take a strong performance against a ranked team in Xavier and if we make it to the championship and it’s Florida, we should be able to have their number again if we can shoot the ball

Xavier beat Missouri State at home by 3 and needed OT to beat Mizzou at home. Would be a great and doable opportunity to get another win against a ranked team but have to beat Buffalo. Wouldn't totally surprise me if we face Towson. They almost beat Florida at Florida.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Xavier beat Missouri State at home by 3 and needed OT to beat Mizzou at home. Would be a great and doable opportunity to get another win against a ranked team but have to beat Buffalo. Wouldn't totally surprise me if we face Towson. They almost beat Florida at Florida.
What’s up with teams playing in the Charleston Classic playing each other prior to the tournament? Each team seems to have already faced 2 other teams in the tournament. Was this by design?

Reaction Score
I've seen this movie before and have been disappointed. The kid may take some time to make the adjustment to college. If he can come in and contribute that would be great.

But he is a freshman playing his first game. So expect some freshman mistakes. I am not expecting a savior. Anything he gives us will be a plus.

Reaction Score
I've seen this movie before and have been disappointed. The kid may take some time to make the adjustment to college. If he can come in and contribute that would be great.

But he is a freshman playing his first game. So expect some freshman mistakes. I am not expecting a savior. Anything he gives us will be a plus.
Yeah, in Ferris Bueller it crashes through the window.

Reaction Score
Beating Buffalo will require a big improvement in our 3pt D.

Buffalo is a better version of St Joes, and if UConn continues giving open looks (UF clanged them) it’ll be a long night.

Reaction Score
Wondering just where Bouknight will fit in against Buffalo. You'd think he'd be first off the bench at both the 2 and the 3. But will DH really tap JB over Adams the first time CV comes out? Or JB over Sid behind Tyler? I doubt it. It's going to take a screw-up by Adams or Wilson to get JB off the bench -- or another team funk that requires a spark from somebody. As for making the starting line-up, just whom does JB replace?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom