Bouk nailed to the bench in opener | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Bouk nailed to the bench in opener

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Conspiracy theory I say… aliens holding him back
im not saying ancient aliens GIF by Giffffr

Reaction Score
Yet no one has mentioned Charlotte has the best record in the eastern conference but it’s not fair to Bouknight. Reminds me of parents telling the little league coaches why their son isn’t playing. Terry Rozier told Bouknight “to be ready” bc his time will come bc he’s going to be special. Let Hornets 2.0 make the playoffs for the first time ever !

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He’ll be fine. He’s on a good team with a loaded backcourt. I found this article on USA Today Hornets looking to find the right opportunity for James Bouknight

I would like to see him put on some weight. When I watched him over the summer and preseason he kept getting hurt. Like once every 20 possessions he would get banged up; rolled ankle, bruised knee, same little nicknack stuff that happened to him with us.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My thought is the Bouknight wasn’t physically developed to the level of an NBA star. He really needed another full college season. He was drafted almost exclusively on potential, not current ability. Not sure that is a good practice, but many teams do it. It is understandable why the players do it. Not so much why the teams do, though I suppose the get as many hits as misses. I also don’t think he is a budding star. More like one of those guys who has a career as a Steady guy Who plays but never is the guy.
Kid got paid a lot of money. Went in the lotto. I don’t know how anyone can say someone made a mistake when they went in the lottery.
Edit: unsure if this is directly stating you think he made a mistake or not. But for the general thought, I just dont get it

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Every Hornets game has been relatively close. Once they're up or down 20-30 points in the 4th quarter, Bouk will get his shot. Hopefully that's tonight when the Hornets play on ESPN.

Reaction Score
I get everyone is anxious to see him play, I am too. Sure it’s frustrating to see, but he will get his chance soon. The bigger surprise is the play of McDaniels and Martin and bench unit in general for the Hornets. Those guys are playing really well right now. People saying it was a mistake for him to leave since he hasn’t played in 5 games or he only got drafted on potential is ridiculous. The guy would’ve been POY in the Big East if he didn’t get hurt, he was averaging 19 a game! Give it some time. Look at the development Borrego and staff have had with Bridges, Ball, McDaniels, Martin, on & on with their players. Bouknight is getting that same coaching and development, he will be fine. When he gets his chance, he just needs to be ready. If he is, those minutes for him will stay.

Reaction Score
I get everyone is anxious to see him play, I am too. Sure it’s frustrating to see, but he will get his chance soon. The bigger surprise is the play of McDaniels and Martin and bench unit in general for the Hornets. Those guys are playing really well right now. People saying it was a mistake for him to leave since he hasn’t played in 5 games or he only got drafted on potential is ridiculous. The guy would’ve been POY in the Big East if he didn’t get hurt, he was averaging 19 a game! Give it some time. Look at the development Borrego and staff have had with Bridges, Ball, McDaniels, Martin, on & on with their players. Bouknight is getting that same coaching and development, he will be fine. When he gets his chance, he just needs to be ready. If he is, those minutes for him will stay.
It is possible for there to be gray areas. Some guys are 100% ready (Mobley apparently) and others are not. Bouk didn't have the success at UConn that say Jeremy Lamb (took quite a few yrs to find his nba niche, prob less talented but won at UConn) did and some fans wanted him back.

Of course it is binary in that he went pro, was drafted high and is getting paid. But there's nothing wrong with simply debating his ideal development, I think 90% of it comes out of wanting what's best for the kid, another 9% folks that just follow CBB and not the NBA and only 1% ridiculous ;)

Reaction Score
Not sure why this is an issue. Bouk is still 'in school', gaining experience and understanding while sitting. After all he did leave college ball early. Charlotte is winning and scoring more points than any other NBA team so far.

Sure not playing suxs, but my only hope is that he is okay with being on a winning team. After all his main goal was met, he just needs to be patient, confident and ready. His day is coming, which will make all of this more special. He's playing with the Big Boyz now, which is what he wanted. More importantly he belongs in the league.

Just saying he's fine, able to be on a roster with no pressure and when he plays only required to contribute in someway as a rookie.

Reaction Score
Didn’t read the thread but we all know the hornets are desperately trying to be relevant in the eastern conference. Melo and crew are ballin so why add a variable. He’s getting garbage mins all season. I’m not recording anymore hornets games.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Every Hornets game has been relatively close. Once they're up or down 20-30 points in the 4th quarter, Bouk will get his shot. Hopefully that's tonight when the Hornets play on ESPN.
Watched last nights game. Not only is he not getting any minutes, 4 others on the roster have goose eggs across the stat sheet. He is playing with the big boys. His time will come.

Reaction Score
Charlotte is wing-heavy & their rotation is sporadic. If he wants minutes on a playoff caliber team, he needs to take them with how he practices each day. I hope he takes everything personally & uses it as fuel to grow as a player - just like his new “mentor” used to.

Frustrating to watch talent like his ride the bench, while league journeymen are eating his minutes. Hope he can force the coaches hand with his play soon enough.

Both the guys he is competing with are playing well. He needs to be better than Cody Martin and Kelly Oubre.

Reaction Score
Both the guys he is competing with are playing well. He needs to be better than Cody Martin and Kelly Oubre.
Not only better but he doesn’t have the same chemistry as those guys as they have played in the system longer and they know their roles. Charlotte played well last night considering they played a top 3 team.

Reaction Score
Everyone seems to be leaving out what Coach Hurley said about “not being a baby.” He just needs to grow up a little more he’ll be fine. Still not as passionate on the bench as other guys as a teammate rooting on the guys playing. We saw that side of him late last season he needs to mature and things will kick in.

Reaction Score
Everyone seems to be leaving out what Coach Hurley said about “not being a baby.” He just needs to grow up a little more he’ll be fine. Still not as passionate on the bench as other guys as a teammate rooting on the guys playing. We saw that side of him late last season he needs to mature and things will kick in.
To Bouknight’s credit there are no reports of him complaining or being malcontent. Only complaints are from Boneyarders , not even from real Hornets fans.

Reaction Score
His time will come it just won’t be in Charlotte. If he was going to play at all it have been when Rozier was hurt. Especially now that Bridges has taken that next step (he’s been so good this year) and the multi-year deals to Oubre, Hayward and Rozier (plus Ball) there just isn’t a spot for him in Charlotte. James best move is to get out of Charlotte and that’s not a knock on Charlotte. The issue is no will trade for him because Charlotte will want a lottery level pick, so James will continue to wither away in purgatory.

Reaction Score
His time will come it just won’t be in Charlotte. If he was going to play at all it have been when Rozier was hurt. Especially now that Bridges has taken that next step (he’s been so good this year) and the multi-year deals to Oubre, Hayward and Rozier (plus Ball) there just isn’t a spot for him in Charlotte. James best move is to get out of Charlotte and that’s not a knock on Charlotte. The issue is no will trade for him because Charlotte will want a lottery level pick, so James will continue to wither away in purgatory.
Lol. You think Charlotte is just.. never going to play him? Over 4 years?

Reaction Score
Then why the heck did they draft him with a lottery pick? Do you think they're admitting they made a mistake this soon? Of course not. Patience grasshopper, patience.

Reaction Score
Lol. You think Charlotte is just.. never going to play him? Over 4 years?
He posted on draft night that Bouknight's NBA career is likely over the second he was drafted by Charlotte, so he's not exactly the most rational person

Reaction Score
I watched the game yesterday. James was clapping for his teammates but looked like he really wanted to play. Good. I like competitors, not guys who want to be cheerleaders. He needs to kick Cody Martin’s ass in practice and he should get his chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom