Bouk nailed to the bench in opener | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bouk nailed to the bench in opener

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The wings on Charlotte are actually pretty good. He needs to outplay guys who produce consistently. I don’t think Charlotte expected Oubre to drop 25 in 27 mins. He has Bouks role right now.
Oubre will be in the picture for a while. He's on a 12 mil contract partially guaranteed through next year. It's Cody Martin he needs to beat out (1 year minimum).

They have a 9 man rotation right now:
LaMelo
Rozier
Hayward
Bridges
Plumlee
--
Ish Smith
Oubre
Cody Martin
PJ Washington

Jalen McDaniels played when Rozier was out in the 1st game, but not against Cavs despite them having a huge lineup, so it probably wasn't matchup related, so he might have to pass him in the depth chart, too.

Reaction Score
It blows my mind how so many Anti-Bouknight people are on this thread. Pretty sad and pathetic that some of you don’t want him playing and don’t think he belongs in the NBA today. Keep using that downvote button to make yourself feel better, you know who you are.

Reaction Score
word is he wasn't giving the old defense approach even in practice. just like Knox on the Knicks...u don't give the effort then you don't get the minutes...
You have a source for this? He looked pretty engaged in preseason. I can at least buy that excuse if it’s true. Also Knox is nowhere near as good as Bouk…

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
It blows my mind how so many Anti-Bouknight people are on this thread. Pretty sad and pathetic that some of you don’t want him playing and don’t think he belongs in the NBA today. Keep using that downvote button to make yourself feel better, you know who you are.

I think he's a D3 prospect and should still be playing, if he knew what was good for him. He's got All-SUNYAC potential.

Reaction Score
This is one of

In Chief’s view, the two areas Bouknight needs to focus on are: 1) Over-all maturity growth and professional approach, 2) On the court, learning to play with other talented players in a less Bouknight centric offense than what he experience his sophomore year at UConn.

As for #1, James is fortunately in the right position in Charlotte. He is getting good guidance from ownership, GM and coaching staff. To expand on #2, watching the 76’ers last night, Chief was so proud of Drummond playing some impactful 4th quarter minutes. Although, it would be in a losing effort, his rebounding, pick and roll screens, blocking shots and playing defense really stood out. Bouknight needs to expand his mindset in terms of contributing in other things besides points. In his case, creating opportunities for others through penetration and passing, good assist/turnovers ball security, defense, etc.

Again, James is a rookie after playing less than 2 college seasons, so let the process work. It’s up to him to gradually improve in these areas. Let Charlotte work with him and built the foundation the right way. Looking at points or minutes per game at this junction, is using the wrong metrics. Casual Fans, please be patient.
Chief, I love you and your hot takes and you’re always good for a laugh even when you’re wrong, but it’s beyond obnoxious when you speak with the same authority on topics like this - in which you clearly have absolutely zero insight at all on- as you do in threads involving the current program. Would be cool for you to maybe not double down for once and every now and again just admit you’re as clueless as the rest of us.

Reaction Score
Who is anti-Bouknight? I feel like all those people have rightly disappeared from the board after the draft but maybe I just have them all on ignore

Reaction Score
Who is anti-Bouknight? I feel like all those people have rightly disappeared from the board after the draft but maybe I just have them all on ignore

Seems if you dont agree with his dumb points, you dont want the young man to succeed Weird take.

Reaction Score
More mush. Bouk has more natural talent than most of the Hornets. The fact the coaches cannot figure out a role for Bouk says NOTHING about Bouk and everything abut the Hornet staff. Get the kid some minutes.
Charlotte has an excellent GM, a very good coaching staff and an owner who understands what a player needs to do both on and off the court to be successful. No one is saying James doesn’t have talent. He is in his rookie season and the coaches are establishing their expectations of what they expect from James as a professional. It’s definitely in Bouknight’s best long term interest.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Charlotte is an awful franchise and Jordan is borderline incompetent as an owner.

No idea why Bouk didn’t play, but anyone who thinks that franchise is a good place for a young player isn’t paying attention.

Reaction Score

Don’t think anyone here is anti-Bouknight. It seems the only downvotes are posts containing completely irrational meltdowns that he hasn’t played literally TWO GAMES into his career.

Reaction Score
Almost anyone in the NBA can put the ball in the basket. Some from the post, some flying down the court and dunking and some from behind the arc. There are those that can can only do one of the three, and some can do all three.
But many really have to learn to play NBA defense. Bouknight never had to play belly up defense. He can score all he wants. The Hornets have many guys that can score all day long.
it’s his defense that has him in the bench.
when Knox was coming out of Kentucky there were many teams that would have drafted him. The Knicks did and wound up with a guy that would rather score than play D. Bouknight needs to learn he must do both to get playing time.
Not a Bouknight hater.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Almost anyone in the NBA can put the ball in the basket. Some from the post, some flying down the court and dunking and some from behind the arc. There are those that can can only do one of the three, and some can do all three.
But many really have to learn to play NBA defense. Bouknight never had to play belly up defense. He can score all he wants. The Hornets have many guys that can score all day long.
it’s his defense that has him in the bench.
when Knox was coming out of Kentucky there were many teams that would have drafted him. The Knicks did and wound up with a guy that would rather score than play D. Bouknight needs to learn he must do both to get playing time.
Not a Bouknight hater.
Our best defensive roster from advanced metrics last year had Bouknight in it. He was a plus defender all year.

Reaction Score
Don’t think anyone here is anti-Bouknight. It seems the only downvotes are posts containing completely irrational meltdowns that he hasn’t played literally TWO GAMES into his career.
Three games -- and at this rate when do you foresee him playing? It won't be due to injury (Rozier has been out twice). I just call it as I see it. The Hornets were not an ideal landing spot for James, I said it on draft night. You are a Hornets fan and are biased -- I would do the same thing if it was my team. The Hornets are doing what is best for the Hornets -- and at 3-0 it is clearly working. What is best for the Hornets is not what is best for James. Why you and other people can't separate this is beyond me, but it is the BY where people are just so one-sided so ultimately I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Reaction Score
More mush. Bouk has more natural talent than most of the Hornets. The fact the coaches cannot figure out a role for Bouk says NOTHING about Bouk and everything abut the Hornet staff. Get the kid some minutes.
The NBA is a man's league. When Bouk was guarded with physicality last year he was not all that effective - see Maryland and Creighton games. NBA players will manhandle him. While I agree he may have more natural talent, he is not ready physically to get big minutes. When he gets stronger he will play. So you think they need to structure their gameplan to suit Bouk? How about Bouk adjusting his game to what the coaches want. Sounds like you want the inmates running the asylum.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Sounds like you want the inmates running the asylum.
In this scenario are incredibly talented athletes the inmates and organizations with years of mediocrity and incompetence the asylum?

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
The NBA is a man's league. When Bouk was guarded with physicality last year he was not all that effective - see Maryland and Creighton games. NBA players will manhandle him. While I agree he may have more natural talent, he is not ready physically to get big minutes. When he gets stronger he will play. So you think they need to structure their gameplan to suit Bouk? How about Bouk adjusting his game to what the coaches want. Sounds like you want the inmates running the asylum.
Didn't he have 40 against Creighton?

Reaction Score
Three games -- and at this rate when do you foresee him playing? It won't be due to injury (Rozier has been out twice). I just call it as I see it. The Hornets were not an ideal landing spot for James, I said it on draft night. You are a Hornets fan and are biased -- I would do the same thing if it was my team. The Hornets are doing what is best for the Hornets -- and at 3-0 it is clearly working. What is best for the Hornets is not what is best for James. Why you and other people can't separate this is beyond me, but it is the BY where people are just so one-sided so ultimately I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Yeah, exactly, the Hornets are doing what is best for the Hornets. Like literally any single team in the NBA would do. And they're 3-0. The point of playing is to win games.

As much as I'd love to see James playing right now - I'm sure he'll get his time soon enough, and the coaches will put him in when they feel he's ready. It's not always the best thing to just insert a rookie into the lineup right away just because he's talented. Maybe he doesn't grasp certain defensive concepts yet, maybe they're helping him develop certain areas of his game. None of us would know, we're not on the coaching staff. Why you can't separate this is beyond me.

And funny you should mention the BY being one-sided when you made the bold claim that anyone not actively freaking out about James not playing yet is "Anti-Bouknight."

Reaction Score
With the second game of a back to back tonight against the Celtics there could be a better chance of him getting some minutes.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
yeah, in the Big East tournament they knew they how to guard him and he failed.
or he was just coming off an injury and had a tough night because when he was healthy he gave them BUCKETS

Reaction Score
In this scenario are incredibly talented athletes the inmates and organizations with years of mediocrity and incompetence the asylum?
Solet these guys run the show rather than the coaches and execs?

Reaction Score
or he was just coming off an injury and had a tough night because when he was healthy he gave them BUCKETS
What was it the third game of the season that he scored 40? Teams make adjustments and the adjustment was that he did not like to be guarded with toughness. Welcome to the NBA where being tough is the name of the game. Listen. I think the guy has a ton of talent and may end up being a star but he has to earn it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom