Borges: UConn not done recruiting 2019 | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Borges: UConn not done recruiting 2019

Reaction Score
so we have 8 top 150 targets still in play for 2020 with 3 (maybe 4) open schollys?

SG
Thomas and Lane
SF
Jackson
PF
Ware and Springs
C
Cliff, Hugley, and Cardwell

hypothetically speaking, if we miss on cam and niels do we bank a scholly for 2021 or do we double dip at Center or PF?

Too many unknowns for now. Is AG staying 2020? Is Springs going to already be here? Is Polley looking to have a breakout Sr year after a nice improvement Jr? Is Sid now an impact player? Is everyone healthy?

I still think if you look at the possibilities they should be thinking 2 big men, whether it be 4 & 5 or 2 solid 4's they need to get bigger. Need another shooter it would seem. A lot depends on 2019-20 but you are in the right direction I think with the double dip!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Too many unknowns for now. Is AG staying 2020? Is Springs going to already be here? Is Polley looking to have a breakout Sr year after a nice improvement Jr? Is Sid now an impact player? Is everyone healthy?

I still think if you look at the possibilities they should be thinking 2 big men, whether it be 4 & 5 or 2 solid 4's they need to get bigger. Need another shooter it would seem. A lot depends on 2019-20 but you are in the right direction I think with the double dip!

Agreed. So much isn’t known. How are the freshmen? Anybody make a leap like Carlton did last season? Is AG staying? Obviously Cam and a center mean anything else is gravy. Even Niels and a center is solid in terms of filling needs.

Thinking out loud, part of the appeal of Springs may involve staggering Bigs in different classes.

Reaction Score
Thinking out loud, part of the appeal of Springs may involve staggering Bigs in different classes.

for sure, if springs reclassifies and gilbert comes back for 2020 then we'll technically only have 2 spots to fill. that's the kind of low-stress recruiting year i'm hoping for.

confident we can land jackson and cardwell. optimisitc about lane and hugley. ideally it's cam and cliff.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom