Borges Talked to Some NBA Scouts | The Boneyard

Borges Talked to Some NBA Scouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On Boatright:

“I don’t see it for him. He’s an undersized scorer, he has zero point guard skills."

Ouch. This scout must have watched the USF game.

Reaction Score
On Boatright:

“I don’t see it for him. He’s an undersized scorer, he has zero point guard skills."

Ouch. This scout must have watched the USF game.

Or most any game. I love the kid, but at this point in time a point guard he is not. Hopefully he'll stick around and work on that. I have a feeling that in general Ollie is going to be great at motivating guys to improve over the summer. Listening to Kevin makes me want to work harder and I'm extremely lazy.

Reaction Score
Boatright is a mercurial talent, his ability to get to the rack 1 on 1 is elite. he's even added another gear this year. I have a hard time believing he won't learn to limit his turnovers and improve his passing this summer, he's knows what's at stake. Well it's either that or he needs cash now.

Reaction Score
A l
Boatright is a mercurial talent, his ability to get to the rack 1 on 1 is elite. he's even added another gear this year. I have a hard time believing he won't learn to limit his turnovers and improve his passing this summer, he's knows what's at stake. Well it's either that or he needs cash now.

A little less cutting the mustard and some straight up passing and ball handling and he could be fine......it always seems to be that extra behind-the-back, between-the-legs dribble or spin which get him in trouble (especially when the shot clock is running down)......don't get me wrong he needs that on occasion but needs to pick his spots is all!!

Reaction Score
He needs to learn ye olde drive 'n dish. How many times have we seen him manage to get all the way to the tin just to get bottled up or swatted. His ability to get past his man is tremendous but when the defense collapses he needs to learn how to open his eyes.

Reaction Score
The one scout said he gets caught up in the air too often and that is one of the frustrations but we need to remember he is only a sophomore! He will be better in most every aspect next year I believe!

Reaction Score
The one scout said he gets caught up in the air too often and that is one of the frustrations but we need to remember he is only a sophomore! He will be better in most every aspect next year I believe!

This is the main issue with Boat. We as fans are so used to seeing Kemba/Shabazz drive to the basket like that with one of 3 outcomes: basket/foul/assist. I can't even count how many times Boat did it this year where either A) he just got straight up stuffed, and then looked around for a foul or B) got the foul call, and I let out a huge exhale because if there was a foul, it was a ticky-tack one. Very rarely if ever does he dish in that situation. The end of the GTown game was another example of the lack of court vision, which may or may not be by choice.

The good news is that these are things he can def work on. Kemba had similar traits as an underclassmen. He has the God given talent to play in the league, that is for sure.

Reaction Score
I think they r all back. I think writers r just writing stuff to stay busy.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This is the main issue with Boat. We as fans are so used to seeing Kemba/Shabazz drive to the basket like that with one of 3 outcomes: basket/foul/assist. I can't even count how many times Boat did it this year where either A) he just got straight up stuffed, and then looked around for a foul or B) got the foul call, and I let out a huge exhale because if there was a foul, it was a ticky-tack one. Very rarely if ever does he dish in that situation. The end of the GTown game was another example of the lack of court vision, which may or may not be by choice.

The good news is that these are things he can def work on. Kemba had similar traits as an underclassmen. He has the God given talent to play in the league, that is for sure.
Kemba started at the pg as a sophomore and did exactly what RB did this year. JD played the 2 guard. JC had no confidence in Kemba running the pg so he move JD to the 1 guard. Unfortunately that was a worse disaster because JD couldn't run the team and the decision ended up neutralizing what he did well as a 2 guard.

I always felt that it was one of the worse coaching moves JC made. The other was moving KFree to the 3 the season after the national championship.

If RB did not have SN to help him everyone would be pointing to him as JD II. Unfortunately for JD there was no SN player to run the show and let KW develop. Imagine this season with no SN. You would have had RB, OC and RJE running things. Well that is what happened in KW's sophomore season. There was no upper class man with pg skills.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Boatright, like Kemba before him, has been able to just blow right by anyone who defended him one-on-one, anytime. At the D-1 level, it isn't so easy to do that. Once the game slows down for him a little more, he will consistently get high percentage shots for this team, whether it's him taking them or setting someone else up for them.

Reaction Score
So frustrating when he gets by his man, draws a big and instead of hitting the open teammate chucks up a wild shot. But as others have said, that was Kemba at this point in his career.

Reaction Score
So frustrating when he gets by his man, draws a big and instead of hitting the open teammate chucks up a wild shot. But as others have said, that was Kemba at this point in his career.
Kemba was light years ahead if Boatright after his sophomore year.

Boatright has a long long way to go as a point. I find his talk to the NBA to be laughable.

Reaction Score
Light years really ? Stats somewhat similar. If you're talking eye test kemba wasn't catching lobs over the zone. Both talents in their own right after year 2.

Reaction Score
Light years really ? Stats somewhat similar. If you're talking eye test kemba wasn't catching lobs over the zone. Both talents in their own right after year 2.
I don't care about the stats, just talking about what I see. Ryan is probably a better shooter when open, but he cannot create his own shot, this is something kemba always could do. Ryan needs to add a lot of muscle to his body.

Ryan was similar to kemba as freshmen, but not after sophomore year. There are way to many times Ryan just dribbles and dribbles and dribbles some more into a turnover or a god awful shot. I feel like he forgets there are 4 other guys out there too much.

Ryan is a better athlete but I don't see how you can compare the two as basketball players

Reaction Score
If Ryan can't create his own shot how the hell is he scoring more than sophomore kemba. You need to relax on the whole Boatright slander, he makes bad decisions with the ball at times, but he also can do things others simply can't. High ceiling. Big time quickness

Reaction Score
Both similar three point attempts. Your eye test is horrendous

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Kemba was light years ahead if Boatright after his sophomore year.

Boatright has a long long way to go as a point. I find his talk to the NBA to be laughable.

Agree. No comparison really. Kemba was a better distributor, even as s freshman. When I watch Boat I see Dyson with less height, less strength and less range. He has a better handle, which causes him to force things even more. He needs to trust his teammates.

Reaction Score
If Ryan can't create his own shot how the hell is he scoring more than sophomore kemba. You need to relax on the whole Boatright slander, he makes bad decisions with the ball at times, but he also can do things others simply can't. High ceiling. Big time quickness

Sorry,have to go with jerry on this one. forget the stats we are talking two different teams with other factors to look at stats. i was a huge fan of kemba from day 1 and i remember him having his ups and downs in his first couple seasons but boat has gone stretches of just being putrid. sure he is a better scorer than kemba as a soph but he is a FAR WORSE decision maker on the court which is the point jerry is making and i agree. we`re not slandering anyone by saying boat is a poor decision maker and definitely is worse than kemba and even bazz was. that being said bazz and kemba learned and i think boat will to and if he does he could be one of the best players in the college game.

Reaction Score
"Light years ahead of Kemba" is blatant revisionist history because of Kemba's junior year. Stats do not lie. They are different players. I will say Kemba never had the ball hog tendencies to the extent Boat does. But again, this can be corrected.

Reaction Score
No he is actually saying he can't create his own shot . The fact boat goes stretches making head scratching plays is something I agree with. But to say kemba was light years ahead is a stretch. So then you throw the numbers out (which support what I say), just using my eye boat brings things to the table that you can't ignore.

Reaction Score
Both similar three point attempts. Your eye test is horrendous
The fact you use this as your argument of creating shots tells me all I need to know.

How many of boats threes were blocked in comparisons to kemba?

How many we're bad shots at the end of a shot clock in comparison to kembas?

Do you know what creating your own shot means? It doesn't mean taking a shot it means the ability to get a good shot off. There is no comparison between the two.

Reaction Score
So lets take a gander at shooting percentages. Fg shooting, true shooting %, all in boats favor . I brought up threes to counter your argument that boat takes more.
To your questions, idk, you tell me ? Got a number ?

Reaction Score
I think Bazz and RB could leave more because they realize they can never play in the league and will just go overseas.

I don't think they care about college or getting their game ready for a shot at the NBA.

Reaction Score
So lets take a gander at shooting percentages. Fg shooting, true shooting %, all in boats favor . I brought up threes to counter your argument that boat takes more.
To your questions, idk, you tell me ? Got a number ?
Kemba had a much higher offensive rating, better effective shooting percentage, much better +\-, and assist to turnover. You know the things that matter for a PG.

Oh and try reading it again I never which player took more. I said whose shot gets blocked more and whose attempts were at the end of the shot clocking after dribbling it away?

I guess you missed where I said Ryan was a better shooter? Or that he was a better athlete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom