borges. Is UConn trying to build a recruiting pipeline through Vermont? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

borges. Is UConn trying to build a recruiting pipeline through Vermont?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
If Hamilton leaves it will be a boneheaded move of the same magnitude as Thabeet.

Why was Thabeet leaving a boneheaded move? He had just gone to a final four, the team was graduating its PG, backup PG, and PF. Also he was #2 overall. Thabeets biggest mistake was not getting better and being drafted to a team with Marc Gasoline on it.

Hamilton is a different story. He would be returning to a team that had a poor season, where his stock isn't extremely high, and is returning most it's players. However, he also knows from his brother how hard it is to stick in the NBA. It would be somewhat shocking if he chose to leave for the NBA. I could see him transferring, but only if he could get a waiver to play immediately.

Reaction Score
If Hamilton leaves it will be a boneheaded move of the same magnitude as Thabeet.
Man it seems like practically every relatively new poster here is just oblivious to basketball and doesn't think before posting.

Reaction Score
Good article I really hope we land Brown this year and TJ sounds he is ours to lose and he rebounds. Love that!!! I would love to get that Center also I wonder that game against St. Thomas if he was match against SE?
Yes

Reaction Score
Jones is about 6'6 def not 6'8 and not very skilled on offense and is a 3 star recruit. I think we should be aiming higher but thats just my opinion and what do I know.

Brown is another Purvis which inlcudes the very shaky handle, so you have to think about do you want another bully slasher who can score and plays good defense or do we need another pg with handle? I like Brown and dont think we can turn him down if he wants to reclassify to 2015.

Reaction Score
Jones is about 6'6 def not 6'8 and not very skilled on offense and is a 3 star recruit. I think we should be aiming higher but thats just my opinion and what do I know.

Brown is another Purvis which inlcudes the very shaky handle, so you have to think about do you want another bully slasher who can score and plays good defense or do we need another pg with handle? I like Brown and dont think we can turn him down if he wants to reclassify to 2015.

Jones will not be a 3 star recruit once all the sites update their rankings. He's a rebounding machine - I'm pretty sure we could find a spot for him.

Reaction Score
Jones will not be a 3 star recruit once all the sites update their rankings. He's a rebounding machine - I'm pretty sure we could find a spot for him.

I seen him play for Bloomfield last year and was not impressed at all got domintaed by Sacred Heart of Waterbury's big man. Again that was a year ago and I'm sure he has improved considering he ended up at Vermont. If hes the rebounding machine you say he is than I am all in.

Reaction Score
I genuinely believe chap, assuming he hasn't just been with everyone all this time, is developing some fronto-temporal dementia/progressive aphasia.
The cure for that is the "ignore" button.

Reaction Score
I seen him play for Bloomfield last year and was not impressed at all got domintaed by Sacred Heart of Waterbury's big man. Again that was a year ago and I'm sure he has improved considering he ended up at Vermont. If hes the rebounding machine you say he is than I am all in.

If you saw him last year, he was a 15 year old Soph. Now 16 years old, next year 17 on the way to 18.

For PFs, especially undersized as he is, this makes all the world of difference. 15-18? Boys' bodies to men's bodies.

Reaction Score
saying "bruce brown is another purvis" is just about the laziest ish i've read on the yard in some time. not all shooting guards are rodney purvis

LOL who said all shooting guards are Purvis? Their the exact opposite of a Rodney Purvis.

I seen Brown play that was a compliment not a slight against him comparing him to Purvis. You want an in depth analysis? They play very similar styles as both are big bodied guards who can bully you to the lane. Both are streaky shooters who play solid defense. Both have to improve their handles. Brown is obviously not Rodney Purvis but not way off comparing them.

Reaction Score
If you saw him last year, he was a 15 year old Soph. Now 16 years old, next year 17 on the way to 18.

For PFs, especially undersized as he is, this makes all the world of difference. 15-18? Boys' bodies to men's bodies.

Not disagreeing with you here. I already stated that yes he must have improved quite a bit since I seen him a year ago. If he has improved as much and can really rebound then I'm in.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Miller should be renting a house near their campus and commuting to Storrs.

And, you know, maybe put someone other than a former Ivy League recruiter on the job.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Unprompted, Popp said that Brown would make a great backcourt mate with Jalen Adams.

"He's a power guard, he really is," the coach continued. "Looking at Jalen Adams, it's hard to ignore that. Put the two of them in the same backcourt, it would be special."

Reaction Score
Then u must hate Enoch, who got dominated by FCIAC bigmen last year.

Reaction Score
Then u must hate Enoch, who got dominated by FCIAC bigmen last year.

Seriously? You used my quote in your reply, do you see anywhere where i said I hated anyone? I said not impressed and that if he improved and is really a rebounding force than I'm all in.

Yes I was not impressed with Enoch last year. As a matter of fact no one was until he blew up out on the West Coast in a camp and really played to his potential. If that has happened to Jones than once again I am all in.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Yeah. Give up being the No. 2 pick in the draft in order to be exploited for one more year in College. This is the very definition of revisionist history.

Reaction Score
Who cares if jones is a bit undersized for the 4? Adrien was undersized even for the 3 while playing the 4 and still pretty much averaged a double-double.

Reaction Score
Yeah. Give up being the No. 2 pick in the draft in order to be exploited for one more year in College. This is the very definition of revisionist history.
I think it's actually just straight ignoring history. There's no way dude making that claim remembered that Hash was taken #2 overall.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Who cares if jones is a bit undersized for the 4? Adrien was undersized even for the 3 while playing the 4 and still pretty much averaged a double-double.
Adrien was wide and strong.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Any recruit who is even being mentioned as potentially the best rebounder in their class is something I would like to sign up for.

I don't care what Jones' measurables are, if he has a motor on the glass we should be all about that. We all know how pathetic our current set of lanky bigs are at rebounding.

Bruce Brown, Jalen Adams cousin - Lock it up

Tyrique Jones, grew up a UConn fan - Lock it up

KO and Co. better be hitting the recruiting trail hard while these others coaches are preoccupied with the NCAAs

Reaction Score
I remember there was a similar argument last year about Bonzie Colson being undersized for a power forward. I don't think Notre Dame really minds, and I'm sure Kevin Ollie would have loved using Colson at the 4 this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom