Borges Article: Terry Larrier 'On the Fence' Between UConn, VCU | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Borges Article: Terry Larrier 'On the Fence' Between UConn, VCU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
[Thate="mauconnfan, post: 693785, member: 489"]22[/quote]

Thanks Mau, I knew I could count on you.

Reaction Score
Where did the info that he would announce his decision today originate?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Where did the info that he would announce his decision today originate?
Not sure but there are VCU insiders reporting that for sure. A balk here on that info would certainly have to be at worst a non factor and at best in our favor.

Reaction Score
Think we can compare it to the girl you were dating (20's prior to marriage of course) for a while...hot, real good for you and good lover.......pick up a real NEW hottie and she's out of town (she gives you a treat to steak your heart away that night) so you can play for a while and get away with it but eventually you make THE decision......and it usually goes back to the known, your first girl......

VCU, my guess!!!;)
Fuzzy analogy but I think you are right, VCU.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If he's really deciding in 20 minutes, it may be an omen. Whether good or bad, I do not know. But an omen nonetheless.

Reaction Score
actually laughed out loud haha

If he commits to us I will never use that played out punchline agian!

Fine print:

I reserve the right to change my mind at anytime. Not to be constrained by anything I post in the past, present or future. Hensforth I agree to all terms.

Reaction Score
Craig & Newberry are in good shape, but for a pivotal class for the future of program - those options leave a lot to be desired.

Reaction Score
Craig & Newberry are in good shape, but for a pivotal class for the future of program - those options leave a lot to be desired.
It's not nearly as pivotal as next year's class.

UConn got absolutely no hype last season (probably because of the postseason ban), and then obviously had no chance to go on a run in the NCAA tourney. You add in the conference realignment crap (which, finally, appears to be settling down a bit) and it's pretty easy to negative recruit against UConn right now.

But a full year in the rankings coupled with a potential deep tournament run - plus all the positive attention Ollie is bringing to the program - could make an enormous difference. If UConn is, say, ranked top 15 all season, has a good NCAA tourney run ... and Ollie still can't lock down 2015 recruits, then it's time to start worrying a little bit more.

(Plus, everyone thought the 2010 class was a disaster, but a bunch of unheralded freshmen ended up being better pickups than the top guys UConn missed out on. I have plenty of concerns right now, but this notion that we're screwed over "only" getting one 5-star recruit is absurd.)

Reaction Score
Like to remain optimistic for DR. It will come down to the wire. Tl was never really close. Borges was very misleading with his take earlier today.

Reaction Score
Like to remain optimistic for DR. It will come down to the wire. Tl was never really close. Borges was very misleading with his take earlier today.

Where were you so we wouldn't get all pumped up Zionn? Geez you suddenly scared to post your thoughts.......:oops:

Reaction Score

I wasn't a buyer of the Borges article either in terms of the UConn hope card. If you read it closely anyways it actually gave a Larrier slant to VCU.

We have been behind the 8 ball for the obvious reasons with several recruits. If we get DR we are golden and the bridge has been built over the rocky waters.

This season will be captivating and we need Kevin Ollie to deliver on the sidelines from an X and O's perspective. Our 2013-14 team has the potential to be very special barring injury. A special season should calm the waters and help open the floodgates despite the transition we face.

In Shabazz I trust...that kid is relentless. I would NEVER bet against that kid. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom