Borges Article: Terry Larrier 'On the Fence' Between UConn, VCU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Borges Article: Terry Larrier 'On the Fence' Between UConn, VCU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looks like the article was deleted from his blog.

Reaction Score
maybe i am wrong, but i don't ever recall a recruit who was down to kansas or wichita state. in many ways, one can argue on paper this scenario is exactly that.
No it's not. Shaka has had a couple deep runs in the NCAA Tournament. TCU isn't Gonzaga, but I can certainly see why a highly rank recruit might want to play for Shaka.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Odd that the write-up was deleted from Borges' blog....

Reaction Score
How about Kentucky and SMU?

Smu= Larry Brown, new gym, an "upgrade" in conference

I argue SMU is better than VCU.

With your logic, I suppose then that UConn shouldn't go up against Kentucky either.

Reaction Score
Reading between thes lines. He was all set to announce he was going to VCU. Then UCONN got involved he visited went great. Change his mind but Shaka was like wait a minute you must come and visit I've been recruiting you since day one. So he didn't announce he went on the VCU visit. It still didn't change his mind and now he doesn't know how to tell Shaka.

Sounds good to me:)
I like that theory. Not sure that's really what is happening, but that would be nice.

Reaction Score
No it's not. Shaka has had a couple deep runs in the NCAA Tournament. TCU isn't Gonzaga, but I can certainly see why a highly rank recruit might want to play for Shaka.

Greg Marshall is as highly regarded as Shaka. Wichita State has had similar success as VCU.

Reaction Score
A little too much info from Pridgen maybe?

About how Larrier was concerned about letting down one of the coaches?

Reaction Score
I was mildly hopeful for Abu, but I have to say, given the history of retweets and all the VCU fervor, my hopes are not up at all. I will not be let down here. With Devin Robinson, sure. But I don't see this, and I'd prefer Larrier to the others (but I said that many weeks ago too after seeing his video). This kid was #1 after Chukwu for me.

caw

Reaction Score
Supposedly announcing this afternoon. Still likely VCU.

Reaction Score
Supposedly announcing this afternoon. Still likely VCU.

:confused: Uh, this afternoon? Then on to the next....

Borges takes his blog post down too.

Heh.

Devin Robinson, you're up.

Reaction Score
Robinson or Larrier? What is more likely and a better fit for our needs. I assume that one would eliminate the other

caw

Reaction Score
:confused: Uh, this afternoon? Then on to the next....

Borges takes his blog post down too.

Heh.

Devin Robinson, you're up.

Just what I heard from an AAU guy, not written in stone. I'm hoping he is wrong.

Reaction Score
Robinson or Larrier? What is more likely and a better fit for our needs. I assume that one would eliminate the other

They would both be tall wings who can rebound. Rudy Gay, Deandre Daniels. Small forwards, who can play PF when there are 3 guards on the floor (Calhoun, Purvis, Hamilton, Samuel).

Reaction Score
Larrier plays more on the perimeter than Robinson.

That's a surprise. From videos, I would have said the exact opposite. Robinson has a smooth outside shot and looks like Gay, whereas Larrier has a strong body and takes it to the hoop with authority, dunking all over the place. He's probably this class's 3rd best dunker (after Alexander and Abu).

Reaction Score
Greg Marshall is as highly regarded as Shaka. Wichita State has had similar success as VCU.
The Shockers have had their share of shocking upsets, but IMO they don't have the reputation that VCU has. Shaka and the coach that just left Butler for the Celtics have been the two hottest coaching names the past few years. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think VCU has more appeal with recruits than Wichita State. But I think you're missing the point, unless I misunderstood the original post. I don't find it such a surprise that a recruit is deciding between UConn and VCU. The perceived gap between UConn in the AAC and VCU is not that wide.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
i feel like we are a patsy for people trying to get in the news and elevate their status. we are always in a guy's final 2 and that guy never picks us. they just use our brand to promote themselves, their AAU programs, advisors, parents whatever.

if i wanted to be completely paranoid i'd even say that certain schools tell recruits that have made up their minds to lure a big program into the race so that when they choose the smaller school it gets more attention. it sounds crazy but wouldn't surprise me.

If I were a school like VCU, the last thing I would ever do is say "hey, why don't you take a visit to UConn"?

We're more likely to steal an up & comer from a mid-major (e.g., Armstrong, Bradley) then lose the player to a lesser school.

We have to worry about schools like KU, UK and UF.

D

Deleted member 3149

Just because he's announcing today doesn't necessarily mean he's all in for VCU. Just got to wait and see. Remember, Kemba was here on his visit.

Reaction Score
Generally speaking, recruits don't usually go on visits and have a lousy time. If he was high on VCU before his visit and is announcing his choice the day (or a couple days) after his visit....it's pretty easy to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom