Borges Article: Terry Larrier 'On the Fence' Between UConn, VCU | The Boneyard

Borges Article: Terry Larrier 'On the Fence' Between UConn, VCU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sounds like Terry Larrier, the 6-foot-7 small forward out of the Bronx, is legitimately torn between UConn and VCU.

"I think he's on the fence," said Jeremy Pridgen, who coaches and trains Larrier's AAU team, Team SCAN. "If he could give half of himself to one, half of himself to the other, he'd do it."

But Pridgen added: More

http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/2013/09/terry-larrier-on-fence-between-uconn-vcu.html

Edit: As referenced later in this board, Borges' blog item has been removed for reasons unknown. So, the above link is no longer working.

Reaction Score
i feel like we are a patsy for people trying to get in the news and elevate their status. we are always in a guy's final 2 and that guy never picks us. they just use our brand to promote themselves, their AAU programs, advisors, parents whatever.

if i wanted to be completely paranoid i'd even say that certain schools tell recruits that have made up their minds to lure a big program into the race so that when they choose the smaller school it gets more attention. it sounds crazy but wouldn't surprise me.

Reaction Score
there is no question that recruits like to have name brand programs in their top 10 and top 5. However, I think when it comes down to 2-3 schools, than those are all schools the player is seriously considering. It seems like the problem for Larrier is that his heart is telling him VCU, but his head is telling him UConn. VCU has been recruiting him WAY longer than UConn and he has probably imagined himself attending the university for a long time. UConn has made a huge impression late and he is torn because of that. It would be nice if he waited a few more months because that would give UConn a big edge in my opinion

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
"When they start winning this year, all the (Class of) 2015 kids are gonna be like, '(Ollie) really lets those guards play,'" Pridgen said. "Once he puts one of his own guys in the league, when they see the kind of year Shabazz (Napier) and Ryan (Boatright) are gonna have, they're going to be very intrigued about going there. UConn is gonna do very well."

Ollie's initial success still being viewed as not his. We are not yet clear of the consequence of the post season ban. This year is crucial.

Reaction Score
maybe i am wrong, but i don't ever recall a recruit who was down to kansas or wichita state. in many ways, one can argue on paper this scenario is exactly that.

Reaction Score
This is a nice article, no matter what happens with Larrier. It gives you a feel for the AAU/NYC scene and the perspective on UConn.

Reaction Score
This is a nice article, no matter what happens with Larrier. It gives you a feel for the AAU/NYC scene and the perspective on UConn.

...especially after the New Rens coach tried to write UConn off for dead once the conference realignment dust settled.

Reaction Score
...especially after the New Rens coach tried to write UConn off for dead once the conference realignment dust settled.

Just like that Nathan Blue guy in 2011, said UConn was over. Harkless's AAU coach. I read an article about him that he's having a difficult time finding assistant coach positions or coaching AAU because of background checks.

Reaction Score
Reading between thes lines. He was all set to announce he was going to VCU. Then UCONN got involved he visited went great. Change his mind but Shaka was like wait a minute you must come and visit I've been recruiting you since day one. So he didn't announce he went on the VCU visit. It still didn't change his mind and now he doesn't know how to tell Shaka.

Sounds good to me:)

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
i feel like we are a patsy for people trying to get in the news and elevate their status. we are always in a guy's final 2 and that guy never picks us. they just use our brand to promote themselves, their AAU programs, advisors, parents whatever.

if i wanted to be completely paranoid i'd even say that certain schools tell recruits that have made up their minds to lure a big program into the race so that when they choose the smaller school it gets more attention. it sounds crazy but wouldn't surprise me.

Recruiting is a tough world. I don't think we're being a patsy for anybody. Recruits want to choose the best situation for themselves, and rightly so. I think Larrier is genuinely torn between the two programs. I will be disappointed if he doesn't select UConn. But it's his life to live and his choice to make.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Announcement coming in the next few days he says. Hopefully he'll chose the Conn-Men.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Swift is a pure 4, isn't he? Larrier's a slashing 3.

Their minutes would overlap, but Larrier is about 100x more likely to take minutes from Swift than vice versa.

Reaction Score
The retweet came before the visit to VCU. The prevailing thought was that Larrier would commit to VCU over the weekend. The fact that he left VCU uncommitted would suggest that UConn is still very much in play, like 3 and 99 had said. Although, I do wish this article came from a national scout service and not a UConn beat writer.

Reaction Score
So he's legitimately torn and "on the fence", but also "knows what he wants to do" and just needs to figure out how to tell the losing coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom