Borges Article: Terry Larrier 'On the Fence' Between UConn, VCU | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Borges Article: Terry Larrier 'On the Fence' Between UConn, VCU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Generally speaking, recruits don't usually go on visits and have a lousy time. If he was high on VCU before his visit and is announcing his choice the day (or a couple days) after his visit....it's pretty easy to figure it out.

Yes, it means he's not very conflicted. Unless he's flighty.

Reaction Score
On another front, Mike Brey is right now in Devin Robinson's house schmoozing Devin and his family. The topic of conversation is the shirt Brey is wearing; the family is unfamiliar with the need to cover up one's neck. Is it really that cold in Indiana?

Reaction Score
Smu= Larry Brown, new gym, an "upgrade" in conference

I argue SMU is better than VCU.

With your logic, I suppose then that UConn shouldn't go up against Kentucky either.

My logic? Just stating facts. Your logic has somehow led you to believe SMU>VCU.

Reaction Score
My logic? Just stating facts. Your logic has somehow led you to believe SMU>VCU.

Yes, if I am one and done going into my freshman year like Mudiay, I would take Larry Brown over Shaka Smart any day of the week.

Reaction Score
The Shockers have had their share of shocking upsets, but IMO they don't have the reputation that VCU has. Shaka and the coach that just left Butler for the Celtics have been the two hottest coaching names the past few years. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think VCU has more appeal with recruits than Wichita State. But I think you're missing the point, unless I misunderstood the original post. I don't find it such a surprise that a recruit is deciding between UConn and VCU. The perceived gap between UConn in the AAC and VCU is not that wide.
No, it's wiiiiide.....but VCU has momentum and a rabid fanbase

Reaction Score
Hopefully, we can both agree that is pretty funny! Nevertheless, I never thought we would be talking UConn vs VCU either.

I remember some other similar recruiting "battles" in the past.

PC for Drummond (heh)
Drake for Michael Bradley (that was fun)

Reaction Score
The gap between vcu and UCONN not that wide????? Are you kidding me - not worth even going into specifics or arguments in general - vcu is a nice regional program that is about where Uconn was 30 years ago. Great young coach.

Reaction Score
The gap between vcu and UCONN not that wide????? Are you kidding me - not worth even going into specifics or arguments in general - vcu is a nice regional program that is about where Uconn was 30 years ago. Great young coach.

plus 3 national championships, 4 final fours, and 30+ guys to the nba..........................not sure it gets much wider!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
For some reason the blog post was removed.
Because the fence broke. We're hoping that he landed on the side with the greener grass. Announcement soon, I think.

Reaction Score
Sounds like this announcement is comin this evening. TL is retweeting alot of VCU and UCONN stuff. IM ON EDGE

Reaction Score
Think we can compare it to the girl you were dating (20's prior to marriage of course) for a while...hot, real good for you and good lover.......pick up a real NEW hottie and she's out of town (she gives you a treat to steak your heart away that night) so you can play for a while and get away with it but eventually you make THE decision......and it usually goes back to the known, your first girl......

VCU, my guess!!!;)

Reaction Score
All the signs are pointing to VCU, but if 99 thinks we have a legit shot, we have a shot. He's not one to give false hope.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Actually zi, if you've moved off your position at all that would be worthy of me allowing some of my hopes back up.

Reaction Score
?ote="I Bleed Blue, post: 693780, member: 3748"]Any updates?[/quote]

Oh no...... please someone else say it. I can't do this anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom