Boneyard Membership Stats | The Boneyard

Boneyard Membership Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A comment was made in another thread referring to the number of Boneyard members being significantly higher today than in years past. That made me curious to see what that increase actually is.

Back in Fall of 2011 (after our 3rd ship), we had 1,667 registered members. Today we have 5,520!

We've averaged about 1,000 new members each year since then (702 so far this past year).

Great to see our community grow!

Source: Internet Archive Way Back Machine

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Remember that the last turnover was in August 2011. It may have taken some people a while to find the new board. Still, I'm sure you're right that "membership" has grown substantially.

For better or worse, UConn isn't a big bandwagon team, I don't think.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Remember that the last turnover was in August 2011. It may have taken some people a while to find the new board. Still, I'm sure you're right that "membership" has grown substantially.

Wonder how many members we had at TOS.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Some say that dilution is the solution for pollution.

Of course, those that said that ended up paying the EPA hundreds of millions of dollars, but who's counting?

Reaction Score
I sign in several times a day but rarely post. Been reading for years and only signed up after the Big East implosion.
Guess I was feeling a bit of anxiety for my team and really needed a place to go and express myself. Love this program in an unhealthyy way.

Reaction Score
I believe I joined a few years ago, probably coincides with my moving from CT to Mass. Only joined because I found out about the place and had no idea before, but I've been a die-hard fan since before championship #1 when I was a teenager, then went to school there because I had to witness a championship... I did in 2004, and here I am still screaming at the TV and complaining about the refs

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score

Thank you. Actually I do go back some years. I think there were two changes since then. I believe there was a take off yard but it did not seem the same. Many familiar faces here.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I believe I joined a few years ago, probably coincides with my moving from CT to Mass. Only joined because I found out about the place and had no idea before, but I've been a die-hard fan since before championship #1 when I was a teenager, then went to school there because I had to witness a championship... I did in 2004, and here I am still screaming at the TV and complaining about the refs

I went through a similar evolution. That 99 team was my all time favorite. Miss the 90s :(

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I joined this board the same day Drummond joined our program. I must be good luck!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Rico444 said:
I joined this board the same day Drummond joined our program. I must be good luck!
Could call it bad luck in hindsight . I love that Drummond was here and chose his home school, no ill will there. He's a generational talent. It can be argued though that his late arrival and subsequent deployment caused a waterfall of chemistry issues that torpedoed our season. None of that was on Andre, of course. I do often wonder how we would have been without him. Easy to reflect on in hindsight I guess. Hoops is a weird game. Add the best player in the country and end up worse for it. It would have been interesting to see how the 2 players most effected by Andres arrival ( AO and roscoe) did without that shadow. Not JCs finest coaching job.

Reaction Score
I sign in several times a day but rarely post. Been reading for years and only signed up after the Big East implosion.
Guess I was feeling a bit of anxiety for my team and really needed a place to go and express myself. Love this program in an unhealthyy way.
I am the same way...log in multiple times per day and read. Allows me to keep up all I miss by not being in the region. Think I found the Yard back in 99 or 00.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Could call it bad luck in hindsight . I love that Drummond was here and chose his home school, no ill will there. He's a generational talent. It can be argued though that his late arrival and subsequent deployment caused a waterfall of chemistry issues that torpedoed our season. None of that was on Andre, of course. I do often wonder how we would have been without him. Easy to reflect on in hindsight I guess. Hoops is a weird game. Add the best player in the country and end up worse for it. It would have been interesting to see how the 2 players most effected by Andres arrival ( AO and roscoe) did without that shadow. Not JCs finest coaching job.

I'd be willing to bet things would've ended up similarly without Andre. Roscoe didn't play great in limited minutes at the 4, which was his usual position in 2011. Oriakhi had his struggles, but he also struggled for a good chunk of the championship season. I'm sure he would've been better, but Drummond was pretty damn good himself. I think the biggest reason we struggled is that we didn't have much experience in the backcourt (Shabazz as a sophomore, who struggled with being handed the reins that early, and Boat as a sophomore).

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'd be willing to bet things would've ended up similarly without Andre. Roscoe didn't play great in limited minutes at the 4, which was his usual position in 2011. Oriakhi had his struggles, but he also struggled for a good chunk of the championship season. I'm sure he would've been better, but Drummond was pretty damn good himself. I think the biggest reason we struggled is that we didn't have much experience in the backcourt (Shabazz as a sophomore, who struggled with being handed the reins that early, and Boat as a sophomore).
you could be right. Its fun (well not fun really ) to think about. I agree on the backcourt. We were pretty inconsistent there for sure. I do think that much of Roscoe and AO's problems both stemmed from Andre being there. Roscoe was a warrior in the BET during our 5 in 5 (so was AO for that matter) and those two I felt carried a feeling of "I just gave you everything I had on an unprecedented title run and now get my minutes disappeared" vibe through 2012. Also AO and Andre on paper looked like a formidable front court. In reality it was a disaster when they were on the court together.
Again, note one iota of this was Andres fault.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
you could be right. Its fun (well not fun really ) to think about. I agree on the backcourt. We were pretty inconsistent there for sure. I do think that much of Roscoe and AO's problems both stemmed from Andre being there. Roscoe was a warrior in the BET during our 5 in 5 (so was AO for that matter) and those two I felt carried a feeling of "I just gave you everything I had on an unprecedented title run and now get my minutes disappeared" vibe through 2012. Also AO and Andre on paper looked like a formidable front court. In reality it was a disaster when they were on the court together.
Again, note one iota of this was Andres fault.

It could've been that without Andre, things would've been great and the team would have gone far, but I tend to think that players that get hit with some adversity should fight through it to be a better player, and not go into the tank and sulk. I'd be willing to bet Alex would've sulked no matter what that year. Tough times don't last; tough players do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom