Boneyard 8/8/1998 to ... | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Boneyard 8/8/1998 to ...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Why? Do you do criminal work?
Ha. No, but I'm pretty sure I've sat/drank next to other 'Yarders and engaged in conversation/banter without either of us mentioning the 'Yard.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Exactly.

I think the only 'Yarders I've knowingly met are DogBreath2u (RIP), Dove, tdrink and Lark.

I've obviously met August, but that was pre-'Yard, and it was literally decades later when we realized we also knew each other from here.

If Lark is in Texas now, I think he was one of the lawyers who offered advice when I was sued. Very nice man.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If Lark is in Texas now, I think he was one of the lawyers who offered advice when I was sued. Very nice man.
Arizona. At least last I knew. I actually hired his firm as local counsel for a case I had there. Very good man.

But I did last see him in Texas, very briefly, at the 2011 Final Four in Houston.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
The boneyard isn't too tolerant of insiders either. I wouldn't take it personal.

I come in peace. Wanted to congratulate everyone on this board for making it to the 20 year mark. The Boneyard has to be one of the oldest sports message boards on the Internet. One of the best too, even if you don't tolerate outsiders quite as well as you once did (it is understandable why). You even birthed another pretty good board a couple of years later. Thanks for that.

I have met a fair number of people on this board, mostly at BETs, and even played in a few Boneyard Classic golf tournaments, representing syracusefan.com with @cto44 and you folks have already treated me well.

Anyway, well done getting to 20 years old. If any of you decide to come to Syracuse for the football game in September, you are welcome to join the syracusefan.com tailgate at the Fine Lot.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I joined during the first round of Big East breakup. Lurked forever. Met lots of great guys here while doing my UConn Alumni activities. Shout out to the memory of Wes Watt and UM Bear Dave.

Henry

Last edited by a moderator:

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
CC7D0094-0E73-4AA6-9346-DD7479788D43.jpeg
Oof.

Juurrdge!

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I'm sure I was on the board at that time, but my name doesn't show up anywhere. I've always been jleves on the yard. I still remember my first interaction with @Fishy on a chat in 98 for the NCAA tournament.
fishy: Does anyone know when Miami tips?
jleves: just past 45 degrees.
fishy: huh?
jleves you were the first person from the Boneyard I ever met in person. We met up outside the Meadowlands just before a Seton Hall game AND I think Danny Hurley was the starting pg for the bad guys!

Reaction Score
My son the former AZHuskie discovered the board in 1998-1999 and told me about it.
I lurked occasionally but since I was a workaholic and involved in a plant relocation I didn’t post.
Even when I retired and was playing 200 rounds of golf a year 2007-2012 I still lurked .
I finally stole my sons old handle and added Pop.
One of my first post incited Fishy so
much , that he put a contract on my life. Being the cheapskate he is it was only for the very insulting amount of $100. I’m still mad about that paltry sum.
Someone pointed out to him that I lived in AZ and the $100 wouldn’t pay airfare.
One side note my Ct grandsons both in their twenties, once created a Boneyard sign in
and trolled me for a few weeks.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
jleves you were the first person from the Boneyard I ever met in person. We met up outside the Meadowlands just before a Seton Hall game AND I think Danny Hurley was the starting pg for the bad guys!
I think you have the wrong person - I was definitely not there.

The only time I've met folks in person was at the Calhoun walk when we raised over $25,000 for the heart pumping life saving device of awesomeness (TM).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom