Boneyard 8/8/1998 to ... | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Boneyard 8/8/1998 to ...

Reaction Score
Honestly can't remember what my original handle was when I originally joined back in '05 or '06...I was a freshman at school in VA, and my friend there was really into recruiting so I found scout, TOS, etc. The yard was my solace after the GM debacle...after I recovered from the fifth of Cuervo i polished off that night. I think the boneyard was still the uconn scout affiliate at the time, but it's obviously been through a few iterations since. I've always enjoyed lurking, but finally tried to get a bit more involved once we switched to the current site.

Love all the board superstitions, and glad I have been around almost long enough to know the origins of most. Also, always look forward to the middling attempts at reigniting MakersMuppet's magic...a rally cry for the ages.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I remember a couple of SJU trolls on the Yard back in the day.

Reaction Score
Couldn't resist coming on. So many memories, but I find the board to be somewhat mean spirited these days. The "rasa" is not flavorable; I have arthritis in my fingers, and I'm lazy. So let me leave you with my heartfelt question: " Mais ou sont les neiges d'autan?"

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
Couldn't resist coming on. So many memories, but I find the board to be somewhat mean spirited these days. The "rasa" is not flavorable; I have arthritis in my fingers, and I'm lazy. So let me leave you with my heartfelt question: " Mais ou sont les neiges d'autan?"
Zymurg Lives!!!

Reaction Score
View attachment 33546

Check in, share a story, past usernames, etc.

May 1998: Wayback Machine

A bit of boneyard history.

Boneyard inception?

How did you first hear about the Boneyard?

20th Anniversary Commemorative t shirt TBA (Frank D'Angelo, send me an email. Yours in on the house):

Anyone here in the t-shirt printing business?
Three seasons ago, at the AAC tourny, I was talking to friend ELI, that I spent all Summer looking for hoops articles. He, told me about THE BONEYARD. I hit the super load. More than happy to be here!

Reaction Score
I come in peace. Wanted to congratulate everyone on this board for making it to the 20 year mark. The Boneyard has to be one of the oldest sports message boards on the Internet. One of the best too, even if you don't tolerate outsiders quite as well as you once did (it is understandable why). You even birthed another pretty good board a couple of years later. Thanks for that.

I have met a fair number of people on this board, mostly at BETs, and even played in a few Boneyard Classic golf tournaments, representing syracusefan.com with @cto44 and you folks have already treated me well.

Anyway, well done getting to 20 years old. If any of you decide to come to Syracuse for the football game in September, you are welcome to join the syracusefan.com tailgate at the Fine Lot.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
All of these old memories that I don’t share (joined in 2015 or 16) are making me envious. Wish I’d been on the Yard for longer. Here’s to twenty more years.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Couldn't resist coming on. So many memories, but I find the board to be somewhat mean spirited these days. The "rasa" is not flavorable
Coincides with the rise in craft breweries.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm certain I've met several unknowingly.
Why? Do you do criminal work?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom