Boneyard 8/8/1998 to ... | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Boneyard 8/8/1998 to ...

Reaction Score
I have been mostly lurking on this board forever. Not sure exactly when I started but alexd turned me on to it. I remember some early Boneyard gatherings, a Red Sox game where we got to see Pedro strike out about 20 guys. Some other things I remember from that game is Deepster's then wife knew more about baseball than anyone I have ever met. Also Fishy showed up late with his child bride wife.

I also remember an early Boneyard tailgate back at Memorial Stadium.

Special thanks to Tom for keeping this going over all these years.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I have been mostly lurking on this board forever. Not sure exactly when I started but alexd turned me on to it. I remember some early Boneyard gatherings, a Red Sox game where we got to see Pedro strike out about 20 guys. Some other things I remember from that game is Deepster's then wife knew more about baseball than anyone I have ever met. Also Fishy showed up late with his child bride wife.

I also remember an early Boneyard tailgate back at Memorial Stadium.

Special thanks to Tom for keeping this going over all these years.

Her heckling of sparrowhalk was as funny as it was brutal.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Her heckling of sparrowhalk was as funny as it was brutal.
Both of us were going at him pretty good. The kid was alone on the bench just asking for it. We made Dogdeacon very uncomfortable. My girlfriend...and future (and current wifey) almost left.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Both of us were going at him pretty good. The kid was alone on the bench just asking for it. We made Dogdeacon very uncomfortable. My girlfriend...and future (and current wifey) almost left.

"Sparrow hawk, your mom talked to the coach, you're going in!" Poor kid put his helmet on.

I felt sorry for the guy, but it was classic heckling. I don't think it's possible at the Rent (seats too far back?)

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Currently on the Dingle Peninsula in Ireland. Met someone earlier this week at the Giants Causeway with a UConn sweatshirt. Very brief exchange and I think she got it as a gift.
Happy Birthday Boneyard. One more year and you can legally drink. TED'S!

Reaction Score
JeffG, that guy could hit a golf ball. I was playing in a BYC with him (and Dogdeacon and Rabid I believe) and he drove a par 4.
I don't remember that drive, but do remember someone in the group (not me) was a good golfer. True story I had the bottle of Gold Bond Powder (I was late addition to Ball Bags 4) untouched for 10yrs in my medicine cabinet until about a year ago.

Also, I am not dead.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I never attended a BYC but the name "Gold Bond Ball Bags" is imprinted in my brain. It pops up every time I use the product.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
640C2FA0-5FC5-4089-8535-96FA8EBA49BF.jpeg
The Yard never forgets, traitor.

Reaction Score
I had a couple of those 77-74 window clings. One was on my car until about 2005 or so. They're still around somewhere, probably in a box of mementos. I was definitely here at the beginning (actually, I thought it was 1997). I remember innumerable arguments with "Z" about whether UConn or UMass had the better hoops program, and I feel like that stretched over two years or so (before we won the NC and put that debate to bed). Of course, I could be wrong. Happy anniversary, Boneyard!

Reaction Score
I'm not going to read four pages, but I'll ask this: Roll call: Who had a 77-74 window cling?
Skipped the 77-74 window thing, but still have the memories of being at the '99 Final Four, the game tickets/lanyards, National Flag Blue & White pom poms handed out at UConn's pep rallies, an extra Final Four t-shirt still never worn & in pristine condition, one of these 1999 Final Four Tropicana Four GTE seat cushions still in brand new condition, and some other stuff.

s-l300.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom