boise not coming | Page 4 | The Boneyard

boise not coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I get your point but in 1999 our upgrade to D-1 was several years in the works, and officially began the upgrade in Jan. 1999. I don't think that championship happens without the 'university on the rise' feel of a school moving into the then very strong Big East.
I don't disagree with your conclusion - ultimately those that play football on the highest level will be the haves, and everyone else will be the have-nots. Just making a point of order.

Reaction Score
I, for one, can care less what Boise State decided to do. Lets catch our breath and realize that the formation of the Catholic 7 and Boise's return to the MWC were moves predicated by the understanding that UConn has no intention of ever playing in the newly formed Big East.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
This is being talked about all over Texas....I will be surprised if it doesn't happen.

yoda, i have been seeing and talking aout it also but every time i always had tmu in and not rice. whats the deal with that? rice would be a double market with uh no? smu would somewhat bring dallas over ntex right?

i think the mwc is going big and texas will have a huge part of the east division of it. why not get tulsa in it also right?

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
This is being talked about all over Texas....I will be surprised if it doesn't happen.
It would be a great move for the conference, much better fit than what the Big Zombie conference offers.

Watching realignment from the perspective of a UConn fan is certainly more frightening and repulsive than anything I've seen on the Walking Dead, or any other quasi-freakshow scarefest going these days.

Reaction Score
It would be a great move for the conference, much better fit than what the Big Zombie conference offers.

Watching realignment from the perspective of a UConn fan is certainly more frightening and repulsive than anything I've seen on the Walking Dead, or any other quasi-freakshow scarefest going these days.

Let's have a reality check here folks.

Back when the MWC had TCU, BYU, Utah in it, the conference was embarrassed by its network contract. Its own TV unit folded. Things got so bad that TCU abandoned a geographically suited conference for the BE. BYU upped and left without any conference whatsoever. That's how bad the MWC contract was.

Now, we're supposed to believe that with the addition of San Jose St. and the like, this conference is anything but moribund? What essentially happened is that the WAC merged with the dregs of the MWC and added a couple teams from central Cali.

With or without those teams, UConn's plight doesn't change. It really doesn't matter that you now have to schedule yearly games against UCF, E Carolina and Memphis instead of SD St., Boise and Houston.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Boise was doing the same thing. Boise is trying to remain viable until the Pac-10 comes calling. That being said, the idea of Boise selling its own TV rights seems preposterous to me. They are a flash in the pan school.

The PAC will never consider a school like Boise. Never. Boise won't continue this success anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

Back when the MWC had TCU, BYU, Utah in it, the conference was embarrassed by its network contract. Its own TV unit folded. Things got so bad that TCU abandoned a geographically suited conference for the BE. BYU upped and left without any conference whatsoever. That's how bad the MWC contract was.

Now, we're supposed to believe that with the addition of San Jose St. and the like, this conference is anything but moribund? What essentially happened is that the WAC merged with the dregs of the MWC and added a couple teams from central Cali.

With or without those teams, UConn's plight doesn't change. It really doesn't matter that you now have to schedule yearly games against UCF, E Carolina and Memphis instead of SD St., Boise and Houston.
I have been assuming Houston and SMU would rather stick with the nBE than try out the MWC, I haven't seen anything to the contrary.

Reaction Score
The PAC will never consider a school like Boise. Never. Boise won't continue this success anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I didn't say the Pac is inviting them in.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score

Times have changed.

Reaction Score
And Times will change again.

You just can't monetize Laramie, Fort Collins & Logan ... Or even Boise ... that well.

If Aresco is any good, you'll see a Market driven contract. One that is greater than the MWC because of Dallas, Houston, Orlando, Tampa, Philadelphia and ... Hartford.

I dunno why the MWC would want to be 16.

Reaction Score
And Times will change again.

You just can't monetize Laramie, Fort Collins & Logan ... Or even Boise ... that well.

If Aresco is any good, you'll see a Market driven contract. One that is greater than the MWC because of Dallas, Houston, Orlando, Tampa, Philadelphia and ... Hartford-New Haven*. (And the rest of Connecticut.)

I dunno why the MWC would want to be 16.

Reaction Score
I have been assuming Houston and SMU would rather stick with the nBE than try out the MWC, I haven't seen anything to the contrary.

FWIW...

sdutzeigler 6:01pm via web
Bottom line right now: MW is looking for a 12th member. BYU is almost certainly first choice. SDSU vying with SMU and Houston after that.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
sdsu can leave the big east for no cost right? they were invited off of bsu and hd that in contract i think. ^^^add tulsa to that group and get to 16!

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I figured UTSA would get somewhere quick. Let's continue talking crap about ODU.

ODU is a joke, so, yes, let's.

zls44

Reaction Score
You're dreaming if you don't think Memphis, Temple, Cincy, USF and UConn are more desirable than anything that CUSA offers.

STABILITY

CUSA 1
Big East 0

Reaction Score
STABILITY

CUSA 1
Big East 0

CUSA is not stable. Are you out of your mind. CUSA is adding Texas St., FIU and FAU and others. It is the least stable conference out there.

zls44

Reaction Score
CUSA is not stable. Are you out of your mind. CUSA is adding Texas St., FIU and FAU and others. It is the least stable conference out there.

The Big East has lost eighteen teams in the last decade.

Eighteen.

Reaction Score
The Big East has lost eighteen teams in the last decade.

Eighteen.

And still we haven't invited Texas State into the conference.

By the way, are you even aware that CUSA has lost more members that ever played a game in the conference than the BE has?

CUSA has lost 15 members.

You call that stable?

Reaction Score
ODU is a joke, so, yes, let's.

They have more fans than just about every remaining BE team. They sellout their stadium...they sit in a market of 1.5 million people with no pro sports. ODU is a great play compared to several BE schools.

Reaction Score
They have more fans than just about every remaining BE team. They sellout their stadium...they sit in a market of 1.5 million people with no pro sports. ODU is a great play compared to several BE schools.

Uh, no, 19,000 fans a game is not more than just about every remaining BE team. Wrong. And the quality of your posts continues to deteriorate.

Reaction Score
Uh, no, 19,000 fans a game is not more than just about every remaining BE team. Wrong. And the quality of your posts continues to deteriorate.
Tulane, Memphis, SMU, Houston, Temple?????
I watch a lot of CFB and they all had similar sized crowds last year. Fannies in seats, not announced. ODU has a waiting list...if they expand and play in a better league they would grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom