Boatright mom's Xmas money | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boatright mom's Xmas money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have to think we can't be talking about a large sum of money here. If it were say 10k or 25k, she wouldn't be so quick to cooperate. Just lawyer up and tell the NCAA to pound sand. If they can't find anything, what could they do at the end of the day? they need evidence, and they can't subpoena

that may be what happened in Newton's case

the fact that they turned it over so quickly makes me think they have nothing (or little) to hide

I agree with the sentiment, but I think they've clearly proven that they don't need evidence. After all, they haven't even taken any official action in this case besides re-opening the investigation, and yet Boatright toils on the bench while our offense punches itself in the face repeatedly. The NCAA doesn't need for evidence because they don't need to suspend Boatright for him to have to sit out. Merely informing the school that they are investigating, and that if they find him guilty the school will have to vacate any games he plays since the start of the investigation is enough. Even if you don't believe this is personal against UConn, those are still the stakes.

I think you're right that Tanesha probably doesn't cooperate if it was something egregious, but it's not like she has all that much of a choice to begin with.

Reaction Score
Do some of you actually think Boat's mom would accept large cash sums from an agent type just weeks after her son was suspended for some BS? This thing is Stop and reeks of racism and targeting JC.

Reaction Score
thats the exact definition of a nba pg
Sorry but they aren't 6'0" tall with that talent. He can't drive that well so I just don't see his game translating well to the NBA. He is no Chris Paul physcially who is small also but makes up with it with physical gifts and ability to run the point.

Reaction Score
Do some of you actually think Boat's mom would accept large cash sums from an agent type just weeks after her son was suspended for some BS? This thing is bull**** and reeks of racism and targeting JC.

This would be past transgressions under investigation I believe, not like, last Christmas.

Reaction Score
This would be past transgressions under investigation I believe, not like, last Christmas.

I had not even considered that possibility. If it is this Christmas, it really smells bad. Set up?

SJ

Reaction Score
I just want to know what the &!@) is going on. I cannot see these deposits being large sums of money, and it seems as if they were concentrated around Christmas. It makes perfect sense that they were loans or gifts. Now, how are they going to investigate that? Ask all around her hometown? That is what the article seemed like. I think she wouldn't have been so quick to hand over her records if there was something to hide. I am a single mom, and I have often made large deposits with money I have borrowed (usually from my mom!) but sometimes I will get extra money from my son's dad that he just pays me directly and I would absolutely hate it and feel totally violated if someone was questioning me. It is just so wrong. I am totally disgusted. How humiliating. Seriously, if you were going to get payoffs, wouldn't you make them significant enough to matter? And, wouldn't you just NOT DEPOSIT CASH??? Just spend it! If you were receiving money on the sly, I would imagine the first thing you would do is make it untraceable. Duh.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You know, none of those cases, Duhon, et al, really matters. As an old friend of mine used to say, times change and things change. It really doesn't matter what happened then. This is the way they are enforcing the rules now.

By the way, how many of you have people deposit money into your bank accounts? What a mess!

I'm open to the idea. I might be a bit more restrict as to who can take it out though.

Reaction Score
The thing is the mother erred in judgement. (No need to justify, defend or even excuse.) The circumstances surrounding this (ex boyfriend) makes this so f#cked up.

The bottom line is will the punishment fit the crime? To me he has been punished enough and this was not something he could even remotely control.

Go after the parent but not the innocent kid.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised that this hasn't been discussed a bit more, but the fact that this involves Reggie Rose adds a level of, let's say sleaze, to the equation, I think, and could well be one of the reasons that the NCAA is looking a bit more deeply into the situation. For those of you who don't remember, Derrick Rose was found ineligible by the NCAA for basically paying someone to take his SATs. And Reggie was found to have been given free travel and lodging at games while his younger brother played at Memphis. So the idea that the NCAA might look closely when it is alleged that the same guy who was involved in the Memphis scandal turns up as a "family friend" of Boatright's mother, and is alleged to have given her immpermissible benefits...I mean that is a side of the story that Nocera didn't mentio, because somehow I don't think it would fit his narrative quite so well...

Let me be clear though, it is very unfortunate that Boatright and UCONN are caught up in this. But it isn't like it was Mother Teresa who was coaching and "advising" him, and "helping the family." It was a guy who has been involved in what would charitably be called sleazy undertakings in the past. There is a reason why in Casablanca, they round up the usual suspects...

Reaction Score
Sorry but they aren't 6'0" tall with that talent. He can't drive that well so I just don't see his game translating well to the NBA. He is no Chris Paul physcially who is small also but makes up with it with physical gifts and ability to run the point.
I could not disagree more on his "physical gifts". With 20 pounds he's Iverson, but a better shooter.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
[quote="Fishy, post: 142651, member:

And for the nitwit above trying to compare Marcus Williams' mom to Chris Duhon's - please. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't try so hard to demonstrate it - a short "I'm ignorant" will do nicely.

Williams' mom came out for his last year - she rented an apartment, took care of her kid and then left when he did. She didn't work for a UConn booster, didn't buy new cars all around and surely did not buy a house. Oh, and the Williams' family is pleasantly middle-class, despite what your lily-white ass no doubt assumed about 'em.[/quote]

You're right! I am a nitwit for reminding you guys that your deflecting or finger pointing only makes this look worse. And my buddy Huskymaniac is the perfect example of that. Bottom line is all you know about about the Duhon situation is what the media decided to print, accurate or not. And your obvious hatred of the Dookies allows you to spin it negatively as Dook or Kentucky fans probably could do to you guys if the situation was reversed. I do think this NCAA hard on for Boatright is ridiculous, for the record. But thank you for your kind words and don't forget your medication tomorrow! ;^)

Reaction Score
[/quote]You're right! I am a nitwit for reminding you guys that your deflecting or finger pointing only makes this look worse. And my buddy Huskymaniac is the perfect example of that. Bottom line is all you know about about the Duhon situation is what the media decided to print, accurate or not. And your obvious hatred of the Dookies allows you to spin it negatively as Dook or Kentucky fans probably could do to you guys if the situation was reversed. I do think this NCAA hard on for Boatright is ridiculous, for the record. But thank you for your kind words and don't forget your medication tomorrow! ;^)[/quote]

Way to completely avoid the entirely valid criticism of your post (which you decided to quote, or attempt to, for some reason. Also nice job trying to paint the most insane, non-troll on the board as a typical Uconn fan. BTW, how can you possibly "spin" the Duhon situation any other way? All ears...

Edit. Nice, now I can't even quote your post properly.

Reaction Score
The thing is the mother erred in judgement. (No need to justify, defend or even excuse.) The circumstances surrounding this (ex boyfriend) makes this so f#cked up.

The bottom line is will the punishment fit the crime? To me he has been punished enough and this was not something he could even remotely control.

Go after the parent but not the innocent kid.

What does it mean to "go after the parent?" What, exactly, do you want the NCAA to do against the parent for acting in a perfectly legal manner that happens to violate NCAA rules on amateurism?

Reaction Score
The valid criticism of my post? Fishy should tell Marcus & Michele Williams I said hi next time he sees them because I'm sure he had dinner with them several times when they were in Storrs at their apartment to have such intament knowledge of their life in California. Come on! People draw conclusions from what they read on the Internet like it or not. I'm not calling you cheaters. I don't care. But it doesn't change the fact that you are under the NCAA microscope and the "deflecting" on your fan site, for all the world to see doesn't look good. It makes people think you're trying to draw attention away from the situation.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The valid criticism of my post? Fishy should tell Marcus & Michele Williams I said hi next time he sees them because I'm sure he had dinner with them several times when they were in Storrs at their apartment to have such intament knowledge of their life in California.

1) Again, just because you're ignorant doesn't mean that you need to put it on parade.

2) The Williams' were and are very nice folks. Kelly, especially.

3) The word is "intimate", not "intament". Jesus.

Can someone clue me on which failed duck*heap of a school this troll rolled in from? The huskymaniac association is something of a clue, I imagine.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Maybe this is a stupid question, but how does the NCAA know what is deposited in people's bank accounts?

I look forward to the day when a school that has no tournament aspirations shows up and just plays a kid like Boatright and tells the NCAA to go pound sand. If UConn was 11-10(1-7), I would like nothing better than to see them show up Sunday and play Boatright for 40 minutes.

Reaction Score
It was a common theme in the whole Williams/Price saga that both kids were from good middle class backgrounds with solid families (AJ Price's dad was an Ivy League alum) and there was little to suspect that they would be the types to do something so stupid.

Reaction Score
It was a common theme in the whole Williams/Price saga that both kids were from good middle class backgrounds with solid families (AJ Price's dad was an Ivy League alum) and there was little to suspect that they would be the types to do something so stupid.

What? They're black.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Um, lots of people? I've given money to people for things that made sense, that didn't make sense, for things I understood and for things that I didn't understand - Christmas, plane tickets, sick mothers in Ecuador, etc., etc.

It's what people do for other people.

And for the nitwit above trying to compare Marcus Williams' mom to Chris Duhon's - please. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't try so hard to demonstrate it - a short "I'm ignorant" will do nicely.

Williams' mom came out for his last year - she rented an apartment, took care of her kid and then left when he did. She didn't work for a UConn booster, didn't buy new cars all around and surely did not buy a house. Oh, and the Williams' family is pleasantly middle-class, despite what your lily-white ass no doubt assumed about 'em.
LOVE IT

Reaction Score
What does it mean to "go after the parent?" What, exactly, do you want the NCAA to do against the parent for acting in a perfectly legal manner that happens to violate NCAA rules on amateurism?

You could fine the school for a dollar amount (say 50% of one year scholarship) then the parent must pay the school for the revocation. Good question but I would imagine there is a way. The parent (may have) broke the rules but not the kid.

Reaction Score
Clothy livin' the middle of the pack A10 dream as per usual......Mr penis envy himself....."intament"...nice education from umess

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Maybe this is a stupid question, but how does the NCAA know what is deposited in people's bank accounts?.

"Tanesha is a single mother raising four children on a small salary. The N.C.A.A. investigators viewed her circumstances as a cause for suspicion, not sympathy. For instance, she owns a car. Where did she get the money to pay for it, they asked? How did she pay for her home? And so on.
Concluding that she had no choice but to cooperate — otherwise, her son would surely pay a severe price — Tanesha turned over her bank statements, as the N.C.A.A. demanded. Four N.C.A.A. investigators pored through her financial records and conducted interrogations in Aurora, seeking “evidence” that she was getting money from “improper” sources." - NYT
LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22